X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza?

Regarding Buffalo Chicken Pizza...
    Originally posted by helen
    Meat was spicer, in chunks of red nodules. No tomato sauce, mostly was a white cream or cheese sauce to it.
    Susie, being in France, you may not be familiar with this dish, but it appears to be a "pizzafied" version of the New York classic, Buffalo Wings (Chicken Wings).

I've never cared for California-style pizza, such as CPK or Wolfgang Puck. That whole "Chinese Chicken Salad with crusted Snapper and Mango Salsa Pizza" thing is just too much. Even that Ham and Pineapple "Hawaiian" Pizza is going overboard. IMO. Simpler the better.

Remember these bygone Hawaii Pizzerias?...
    Shakey's Pizza Parlor
    Harpo's
    2-for-1

Hernando's Hideaway, a bygone Kuhio Ave. restaurant/bar also had some pretty good "pie".
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      Regarding Buffalo Chicken Pizza...Susie, being in France, you may not be familiar with this dish, but it appears to be a "pizzafied" version of the New York classic, Buffalo Wings (Chicken Wings).

I've never cared for California-style pizza, such as CPK or Wolfgang Puck. That whole "Chinese Chicken Salad with crusted Snapper and Mango Salsa Pizza" thing is just too much. Even that Ham and Pineapple "Hawaiian" Pizza is going overboard. IMO. Simpler the better.

Remember these bygone Hawaii Pizzerias?...
      Shakey's Pizza Parlor
      Harpo's
      2-for-1

Hernando's Hideaway, a bygone Kuhio Ave. restaurant/bar also had some pretty good "pie".
      So...it's deep-fried chicken with tabasco, and ranch sauce, then...or something like that? Oh, well. I can dream.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wally's @ Mililani

and Round Table and

Harbo Pub @ Waikiki

Comment

Is there anywhere on Oahu that makes thin crust pizza, like what one finds in Italy?

Comment

I have never been to Italy but the places that tend to have thin crust is Boston North End, Magoo's (it's more of a soda cracker type of crust) and Pizza Hut as an option (even through they tend to market thick crust pizzas).

Comment

The Harbor Special (or whatever it's called) is a great pizza at Harbor Pub.

I generally stick with Boston's. Especially since there's one right down the street from where I live... mmm.... Big Red...

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieNellieKulolo

NYC pizza is overrated in my book. When I was here circa '90-91 I remember it as being 'ono but now it seems like there are a lot of second-rate pizza joints around selling greasy, flavorless, over-processed pies. The good stuff is still there but it's very hit-or-miss.
                You need to find the right place. In Manhattan, the pizza is not as good as it is in the boroughs (Queens, Brooklyn) and especially Long Island.
                Alot of Manhattan pizza places are crappy,and don't go to a RAY'S looking for good NY 'za...Ray's is a tourist pizza place. The mom and pops are the best.
                Last edited by tikiyaki; June 27, 2006, 07:43 PM.
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

To all you anchovy lovers:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060703/sc_nm/eu_anchovy_dc

"Anchovy fishing will be banned in the Bay of Biscay until the end of the year to preserve stocks, the European Commission said on Monday."

Better start stocking your shelves w/ them from the stores so that you can put em on your pizza by yourself.

It's not for me... Never understood the concept of fish on pizza

But then again...my wife can't understand the concept of pineapple on pizza

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
                    Is there anywhere on Oahu that makes thin crust pizza, like what one finds in Italy?
                    Try Antonio's New York Style Pizza across the freeway from Kahala Mall. I never used to like thin crust pizza (grew up in the Chicago area with their deep dish pizzas) but I absolutely love Antonio's pizzas. They get many of their ingredients in from the East Coast (they cousins who own the place are of Italian descent and from the East Coast).

Comment

Um, is there anyone who DISLIKES Boston's Pizza? I don't like the stuff at all...it gets cold quickly and tastes HORRIBLE if it's not completely fresh. I like my pizza with more leftover staying power...

Comment

I never had a whole pizza from Boston North End. Just the slices to eat at the store.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
                          Try Antonio's New York Style Pizza across the freeway from Kahala Mall. I never used to like thin crust pizza (grew up in the Chicago area with their deep dish pizzas) but I absolutely love Antonio's pizzas. They get many of their ingredients in from the East Coast (they cousins who own the place are of Italian descent and from the East Coast).

They make this huge and I mean HUGE pizza. Once in the Clear Channel Jock room I saw this 3 x 3' (yes foot) pizza box with the words, "Antonio's Pizza" on it.

I ate there a couple of times and enjoyed it. And yes it's authentic East Coast stuff. I love thin crust, it's really the best way to eat a pizza as you taste more of the toppings than the bread with each bite.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
                            Thanks! I'll keep that one in mind! I'm glad to know someone in Oahu besides big name franchises is making thin crust pizzas.

I have never been to Italy
                            Beautiful place. Best country in Europe, IMO, if you ever visit

Comment

Anyone here been to La Pizza Rina? Its a little restaurant in South King. Their pizzas are good!
                              "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

anyone remember bella venezia?

in kailua, just past Buzzes? it is now a church.
                                it's an old cinderblock building.

couple college kids there tried to make a go of an italian / pizzaria eatery. back in the late 60's

Comment

Working...
                                X