Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza?

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
    Um, is there anyone who DISLIKES Boston's Pizza? I don't like the stuff at all...it gets cold quickly and tastes HORRIBLE if it's not completely fresh. I like my pizza with more leftover staying power...

My late beloved preferred Pizza Hut (and others) to Boston's, which in his opinion, didn't have "enough stuff" on 'em.

I on the other hand, really like the thin crust and amount of ingredients. My favorite pizza at Boston's is the white spino-and-gahlic (no tomato sauce, just wonderful Pecorino Romano cheese). One time I went, they had a white spinach and garlic pizza with artichokes on it. Delicious! An experiment, perhaps, as I've not seen it since the one time.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever met a pizza purveyor I didn't like ... and I can't. I pretty much love them all.

I REALLY hate pineapple on pizza, but I'm a person who doesn't want sweet with my savory. I love anchovies in caesar salad, but I don't think I've ever had 'em on pizza. I certainly wouldn't want the little buggers LOOKING at me, so they'd have to be anchovy filets, were I to be willing to try 'em.
    Last edited by Erika Engle; July 9, 2006, 02:23 PM. Reason: repetitive redundancy reduction and elimination = )
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I have to say Boston's isn't the best pizza I've ever had, but it's as close as one can get to a flat oily east-coast pizza as you can here. I don't think they put enough salt or enough cheese on them. But then again, if they did, I'd be pouring water down my throat all night to balance the sodium levels in my body.

The fact that their pizza is so nice and thin and oily redeems Boston's North End Pizza for me. I do not like Pizza Hut, and although it's a bargain, Costco ain't that great either. But the price is right!

Kid Two loves white pizza, and we just got back from NJ where she had her fill of it. That kid's favorite line is "hold the sauce!"
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The best pizza I ever had here was in a little pizza place in Waikiki, 1960's - I think it was in the Biltmore Hotel. They used to make me a thin crust, crab & green onion pizza that was delicious! Next on my list was a place in Oakland called Bella Napoli (early 1960's) and the best ever was a place called Chuck's Pizza in Des Moines Iowa (my home town). That one is still open - my high school class is having a reunion there next month. It was real Sicillian style pizza and also served these sandwiches called "Guinea Grinders" which were hot italian sausage made into patties, & served on grilled buns with onions & cheese. Hey, That was the name on the menu - didn't come from me. I still make one for myself occasionally at home.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I make the only good pizza in Hilo.

Comment

any anchovie lovers?
            MADRID, Spain - Millions of anchovies — a protected species in Europe — have died in northern Spain after an unexplained mass beaching, officials said Friday....
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060930/...ched_anchovies

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              ...plays music when hot and comes apart into special shapes that you can snap together to build a robot, you know? Just give me a pizza and a small tub of garlic butter, and I'm happy.
              Actually, I'd like to see that!

I like Papa Johns for delivery, Pizza Hut for dine in, nothing like that hot Pan pizza with all the meat on it.

There was a nice place my friend introduced me to, it was by Che Michelle or something at the edge of waikiki. The guy was from Italy and didnt drown the pizza in red sauce and had toppings like provolone, artichoke hearts, prociutto (sp). Too bad he closed it down, it was tasty!
              Magoos, I usually get a ham and cheese sub. Theyre burgers are pretty tasty too. Do they still have the sushi bar, or did that go away?
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Of the currently available options in Ewa Beach I'm partial to Bostons (extra cheese, pepperoni, & mushroom). The one time I tried Antonios in Kahala was good (spicy sauce!). Of the "brand name" places I'll vouch for Round Table. And when I'm back in Chicago I have to go to Italian Village on Pulaski for an unreal stuffed pizza.

But...

...a moment of silence for the late great Mama Mia's in Pucks Alley.

Rat droppings* , drug dealers* , and flakey delivery drivers, but whew...I liked that pizza.

*allegedly, as reported in the newspaper

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                  My late beloved preferred Pizza Hut (and others) to Boston's, which in his opinion, didn't have "enough stuff" on 'em.

I on the other hand, really like the thin crust and amount of ingredients. My favorite pizza at Boston's is the white spino-and-gahlic (no tomato sauce, just wonderful Pecorino Romano cheese). One time I went, they had a white spinach and garlic pizza with artichokes on it. Delicious! An experiment, perhaps, as I've not seen it since the one time.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever met a pizza purveyor I didn't like ... and I can't. I pretty much love them all.

I REALLY hate pineapple on pizza, but I'm a person who doesn't want sweet with my savory. I love anchovies in caesar salad, but I don't think I've ever had 'em on pizza. I certainly wouldn't want the little buggers LOOKING at me, so they'd have to be anchovy filets, were I to be willing to try 'em.

Wow that's exactly how I love my pizza's thin crust with spinich. My favorite is spinich, sausage and onion on a thin crust no tomato sauce.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                    Magoos, I usually get a ham and cheese sub. Theyre burgers are pretty tasty too. Do they still have the sushi bar, or did that go away?

They still have the sushi.

Comment

Big Kahuna's Pizza is moving

Well, it's not like there was no warning. After suffering through years of road work, Big Kahuna's Pizza is finally leaving its Puʻuloa Road location. They're relocating to the Airport Trade Center at 550 Paiʻea Street -- that's the place where the airport Starbucks / Jamba Juice is. No word on the exact move date yet.

(Honolulu Advertiser)

Comment

My all-time favorite was from CHICO'S (where the Kaimuki City Mill is now located) called the HOMETOWNER: Canadian Bacon, Pineapple, slices of fresh tomato. These days, I'll order a take-out "Hawaiian pizza" (pineapple, ham) and top it off with my own tomatoes.

I also like vegetarian (green pepper, onion, mushroom, garlic, olive). I don't like pepperoni, but enjoy Italian sausage.

Comment

eh, thanks for the heads up on big kahuna's move...i don't go as often as i like, but i'd have been so disappointed if i showed up and it was gone and didn't know where it went.

i can't stand the chain pizzas. boston's is ok. but my latest favorite is in kailua--mama's island pizza next to foodland and also, we just went to amina's (sp?) across from the jamba/starbucks in kailua on sunday b/c the line at teddy's was too long and it was pretty darned good. reminds me of the pizza at rosarina's down in chinatown, but a little better. been meaning to try antonios in kahala...

also, wish there were more places that sold pizza by the slice. any out there besides costco and boston's?

Comment

I never used to be a thin crust pizza fan until I tried Antonio's in Kahala. They have a great lunch special....personal size pizza (actually about 8 or 9"), salad and drink for $5.99. I love mine with fresh spinach and tomatoes and my daughter likes the Pepperoni.

Comment

Isn't Mama's Pizza run by Ken Wilson, voice of the UH Rainbows in the mid-'70s, major league play-by-play announcer, and now with KHON-2? I'm going to try them when I'm on the windward side.

Comment

While I was back home I rememba loving MAGOOS when they used to be in the Waimalu Shopping Plaza. Da pizza den aaaaaaw broke da mouth for me.
                                And my mom always dialed up for PIZZA HUT!

Now here I am in the Bay Area gotta mention some places that are pretty good with their pizzas here.

BLONDIES which I dunno if its still there cuz I haven't gone there in awhile is in San Francisco on Powell Street where the Cable Car Lines Begins. Very popular with the crowds whenever I am there. They also have another location in Downtown Berkeley.

PIZZA MY HEART is good too also. They are pretty much everyewhere in the Bay Area

AMICIS

awww mannn theres other places I have been too also

Comment

Working...
                                X