Phil. Phillies in playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil. Phillies in playoffs

Maui boy Shane Victorino just hit a grand slam home run in the Phillie game. Phillies are up 5 -1. My husband was born and raised in Phillie - it's a big deal in our house. It's been 15 yrs.

Re: Phil. Phillies in playoffs

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    Maui boy Shane Victorino just hit a grand slam home run in the Phillie game. Phillies are up 5 -1. My husband was born and raised in Phillie - it's a big deal in our house. It's been 15 yrs.
    I am watching the game. I'm a huge Phillies fan. I was born there before my family moved to Honolulu when I was a year old. Having a "Big League Bruddah" hit a granny to go ahead is huge. Go Phils!!
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

First, let me say that I have great admiration for Shane Victorino and his accomplishments.

But the phrase "Maui boy Shane Victorino" is getting to be like nails on a chalkboard. It seems like every day for the past 7 months that the lead story of every local news sports segment is an update on "Maui boy Shane Victorino". Even if he was 0-for-4 that night.

I find myself almost wishing the Phils would get eliminated just so I will stop hearing the phrase "Maui boy Shane Victorino".

Okay, end of rant. Congratulations to "St. Anthony grad Shane Victorino".

Comment

Originally posted by localmoco View Post
        First, let me say that I have great admiration for Shane Victorino and his accomplishments.

But the phrase "Maui boy Shane Victorino" is getting to be like nails on a chalkboard. It seems like every day for the past 7 months that the lead story of every local news sports segment is an update on "Maui boy Shane Victorino". Even if he was 0-for-4 that night.

I find myself almost wishing the Phils would get eliminated just so I will stop hearing the phrase "Maui boy Shane Victorino".

Okay, end of rant. Congratulations to "St. Anthony grad Shane Victorino".
        So.... a compromise. How about just Shane. Congrats Shane!

Comment

As HT's ORIGINAL JERSEY GIRL (Burlington County, Holy Cross '76) let me just say, "HEY YOUZ GUYZ! WHERE's My PHILLIES T-SHIRT?" It's around here somewhere. I'm so pleased that the Phillies team has a Hawaii connection (other than me).

ADRIENNE!!! AYDREEEYEN!!!!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Unbelievable!
            This reminds me of when Benny Agbayani hit a "walkoff" homerun for the NY Mets in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              This reminds me of when Benny Agbayani hit a "walkoff" homerun for the NY Mets in the playoffs.
              Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. Benny and the Mets!

Comment

I was watching the game and just about jumped out of my seat when Shane sent that line drive into the seats for the "GRAND SA-LAM-I." I won't get tired of our local media reporting of his exploits even when he doesn't get a hit. He has contributed to the Phillies' success in other ways, too. In the first game, he was 0-2, but got a bases-loaded walk and an RBI.

Comment

Shane Victorino started the Phillies rally in today's playoff win against the Dodgers with his speed. A routine ground ball out to a LA infielder who panicked and threw an error because of Victorino's speed running to first.

Comment

Yay Phillies! Yay Shane! Go Phillies!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Shane Victorino started the Phillies rally in today's playoff win against the Dodgers with his speed. A routine ground ball out to a LA infielder who panicked and threw an error because of Victorino's speed running to first.
                      I believe he holds the state record for the 100 meters, so yes the guy definitely have some speed. He also made a couple of great catches yesterday.

Comment

Maui boy Shane Victorino, Go Shane, Go Philles, too bad I no longer can chant, Go Kurt, Go Maui boy
                        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Shane is the man! Listened to some of the game at work and he made an unreal catch it seems to preserve their lead. Go Shane!

Comment

Maui Boy has been a Maui Man Alive in the playoffs. Philadelphia must have some Sweet Bread cuz he's on a roll.

Comment

Why did the LA fans boo Shane Victorino when he was just a victim of a Dodger pitcher throwing at his head? The LA should stand LO because they LoLo or LowLow.
                              Last edited by Walkoff Balk; October 13, 2008, 07:24 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
                              X