Phil. Phillies in playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phil. Phillies in playoffs

So what's gonna happen today? Oh, the irony for Philly and its fans! Imagine being THIS close to winning the World Series and having that game rained out only to have snow fall right before resuming the game two days later. Will we have a phantastic ending, or will TB dig the snow and slip and slide to a victory, bringing the game back down to Florida?!!! It's not that I want orange trees to freeze, but I sure hope that's not tonight's scenario!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Supposed to be only 10% chance of any precipitation, and temps in the 30s. They never said anything about snow.
      Game is supposed to resume at 2:37pm Hawaii time. I've got hot dogs, popcorn and beer all ready to go.

GO PHILLIES!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Am holding my breath................

4-3 bottom of the 8th

Comment

It's official!!! Philadelphia Phillies are World Champions!!!!!

Comment

Great stuff!!! And now we've got the world's best all-around athlete in Bryan Clay, plus our Maui boy Victorino just helped 'em win the World Series. WooHOO!!!
            And maybe probably in less than a week we'll have another local boy making good!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm restraining myself from calling my McPalin-supporting, sports-loving, Tampa-resident, decades-long friend! I'll wait 'til next Wednesday!

Comment

The City of Bruddahly Love is the major league baseball champions of the world.

Comment

I just gotta say PHINALLY! Yay yay yay yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

I got off work at 330 and found it on the radio. I was the swim-team mom in the mini van on the way to Hawaii Kai punching the ceiling when Lidge tossed his final slider. OH YEAH!

But wouldn't you know it, Philly Fans are HILARIOUS!

From Joe Posnanski of the Kansas City Star:

"...The fans stood and shrieked and hugged and pounded each other’s arms — to be honest it looked like the hometown scene at the end of every World Series. For that one moment, in that blur of joy after winning the title, the City of Brotherly Love could have been anywhere, it could have been Atlanta or Detroit or Dallas or Seattle. The thrill of victory looks just about the same no matter where you live.

"Then, though, it was time for trophy presentation. And here was Bud Selig out to present.

"And the Philly fans shouted, “BOOOOO!”

"Then, Phillies owner David Montgomery gave credit to the gutty Tampa Bay Rays for playing a tough series.

"And the Philly fans shouted, “BOOOOO!”

"Then it was announced that, for being the Series MVP, Phillies starter Cole Hamels would get a Chevy Camaro.

"And you know what? The Phillies fans booed the Camaro, too. Why not? This is Philadelphia. The Phillies are champions. Life, for the moment, is good."

Oh YEAH!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Finally, after much disappointment on Mon. & Tues due to rain. Maui boy, and the Philles did it. BTW, Shane should be on his way home to attend his grandmothers funeral this Sunday.
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Shane Victorino played a huge role in the clinching Game Five win. He drove in half of what turned out to be their total runs in Part 1. Then yesterday's second half, he moved a runner from second base to third with a productive out. The next batter made a hit to score the winning run because the infield played in closer.

Comment

Los Angeles can't dodger the Phillies as Philadelphia goes for a two-peat.

Comment

Now, Manny being Manny can take that early shower.

Comment

Working...
                          X