Phil. Phillies in playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phil. Phillies in playoffs

1 game to go and it's the World Series! And all due to Shane! Well, ok, I guess there ARE other members of the team .

Comment

If they wrap things up tomorrow Shane might be able to fly here for his grandmother's funeral.

Aj

Comment

They love him here too. "the flyin hawaiian" even gets "hawaiian shirt night" at the stadium.
        -kp!

Comment

Go Phils!! This is our year!! I've nicknamed Victorino Shane "The Factor" Victorino, or just "Factorino." He's a real deal big league baller. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it for them today.
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
            Go Phils!! This is our year!! I've nicknamed Victorino Shane "The Factor" Victorino, or just "Factorino." He's a real deal big league baller. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it for them today.
            Shane Victorino might have came in second on the ballot for the MVP of this series. He always seemed to be in the middle of a rally or a great defensive play. Today's Phillies winning pitcher Cole Hammels won the MVP award.

Comment

Victorino is the "real deal" and could have been a co-MVP of the NLCS with his key hits, defensive gems, etc.

What do you think about PETA lambasting him for liking spam musubis? Those lolo kooks are too much! I had a medium rare 12-oz. rib eye steak with sauteed onions and mushrooms for dinner. Take that, PETA!

Comment

The Chicago White Sox adopted Don't Stop Believin' by Journey as their rallying song on their way to the championship.

The Philadelphia Philles might look back to the 1970's-80's too for their song.

Cause I live and breathe this Philadelphia Phillies
                From the day that I was born I've waved the flag
                Philadelphia Phillies took me knee-high to a man
                Yeah gave me peace of mind my daddy never had

Oh Philadelphia Phillies shine on me, I love you

Comment

Who are those guys from Tampa Bay called the Ray Ray? Ray Ray? Are they Stuart Scott's cousins?

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Comment

Whoo hoo! Phillies take game 1. Final 3-2.

Comment

One win away from the championship!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                          One win away from the championship!!!
                          Yay! I think my neighbors know who I'm cheering for! In fact, I think half of Hawaii Kai knows a demure swim team mom like me is watching the World Series! I kinda let my feeling show, LOUDLY.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Why was yesterday's World Series game suspended because of rain? They should've used Guy Hagi's instant weather updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Why was yesterday's World Series game suspended because of rain? They should've used Guy Hagi's instant weather updates.
                              That game shouldn't have even been started. What a farce. Imagine the Philly fans--deprived of their just desserts! I sure hope Philly prevails! INVINCIBLE!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I think that by the time the rain really came down, they were far enough into the game that if it got called it would have been a win for Phillie. So they tried to keep it going because it would end the series. Once Tampa tied, they suspended the game. Could be wrong on this, but I'll bet it had more to do with TV rights and advertisers than the best interest of the players.

Comment

Working...
                                X