OJ Simpson guilty on all counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OJ Simpson guilty on all counts

Gee, haven't been on here in 3 years. But had to respond to this. I hope OJ does get an appeal. This case, and the sentencing, was payback for what happened 13 years ago. I am not a fan of his, but this trial, was a sham. The charges were trumped up out of proportion. Nevada wanted to do with him what California couldn't. Everyone says payback, karma. That's not the point. If anything, the charges should've been misdeameanors, not felonies. This was a total miscarriage of justice. He was on trial for the deaths of Nicole Simpson and Goldman, not for the Palace Station incident, period.

BTW, I live in Las Vegas so I am pretty much familiar with the ins-and-outs of this, that you don't read about in mainstream papers or hear about in public opinion. Truth be told, Las Vegas is a corrupt town. Politicians, the D.A.'s office, lying/abusive cops, deaths caused by cops that turns out "justifiable", deals to criminals that go scott-free, uuhh, what else. Judge Jackie Glass had her 15-minute of fame; her arrogance and deameanor was appalling. She and her councilman husband (of dubious distinction). She wasn't going to budge on anything, saying that the Nicole Simpson thing had no bearing. Right. Judge Glass lies. Everybody could see that OJ was gonna be railroaded on these charges.

Some of the laws here are ridiculous. Especially the "kidnapping" one, holding someone against their will. Don't ever tell anyone not to leave the room, you might be looking at kidnapping charges. People here have been murdered and not had a sentence close to what OJ got. Justice was not served in this case. Sorry to those that has just been looking at this as payback. This should've been tried on its own and not as a revenge which is what it turned out to be.

The saying "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas"...well, be real careful because you might come out here for a vacation, do something totally stupid not realizing the consequences...and yeah, you just might be staying in Vegas doing 5-15, or more.

Comment

Originally posted by btwnc2c View Post
      Gee, haven't been on here in 3 years. But had to respond to this. I hope OJ does get an appeal. This case, and the sentencing, was payback for what happened 13 years ago. I am not a fan of his, but this trial, was a sham. The charges were trumped up out of proportion. Nevada wanted to do with him what California couldn't. Everyone says payback, karma. That's not the point. If anything, the charges should've been misdeameanors, not felonies. This was a total miscarriage of justice. He was on trial for the deaths of Nicole Simpson and Goldman, not for the Palace Station incident, period.
      I haven't heard anything about O.J Simpson post NFL career. Everything was stricken from the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        I haven't heard anything about O.J Simpson post NFL career. Everything was stricken from the record.
        Guess you're being facetious. If not, where have you been?

Comment

Guess you're being facetious. If not, where have you been?
          There were comments that O.J Simpson is legally a first time offender.

Comment

Appeal or no appeal, misdemeanor or felony, guilty or not, I will stand behind my statement that maybe now OJ will start to understand that his $h!+ does stink...just like everyone elses's. His over inflated ego was evident long before the Nicole/Ron murders.

I agree with Ron Whitfield...
            ...he should have done a 180 and become Father Teresa.

Comment

And is a person's ego, inflated/over-inflated, a crime? Seriously.

Comment

Crime was not my point. Really.

Comment

If anything, the charges should've been misdeameanors, not felonies.
                  Some of the laws here are ridiculous. Especially the "kidnapping" one, holding someone against their will.
                  A gun was involved. That was his biggest mistake.

See ya, OJ. Friggin loser.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    A gun was involved. That was his biggest mistake.
                    Bingo - that's why the sentence is so high.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      His over inflated ego was evident long before the Nicole/Ron murders.
                      I dunno if I could say it was his ego or his stupidity.

His ego prompted him to "reclaim what belongs to him."

His stupidity is letting his mooks carry guns to commit the crime.

Sighs. Little bit of both.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

If those traits are a crime, I would have to do a Prison Break. I wonder which other people would I be shackled in a chaingang.
                        Will O.J get a chance to watch all the programs he TiVoed?
                        Last edited by Walkoff Balk; December 7, 2008, 03:04 PM. Reason: change

Comment

He will be getting a 'celebrity isolated' cell, and his few friends will get him anything he wants, so whatever is allowed will be at his disposal.

If he can, he'll have his own show, broadcast on the web - OJ Live! Ron and Nicole, NOT!
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

IMO, I think he did this crime to seek some type of redemption or forgiveness.

Going in blazing with guns, whether he was carrying them or his partners, he was bound to get caught by "johnny law." Robbery and intent to harm was established from the get-go.

I think he has been waiting for his young children to get through college or self sufficient so he can make up for his wrong I think his conscience will finally be at ease for serving some time for what he originally did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake's Ohana View Post
                              IMO, I think he did this crime to seek some type of redemption or forgiveness.

Going in blazing with guns, whether he was carrying them or his partners, he was bound to get caught by "johnny law." Robbery and intent to harm was established from the get-go.
                              That's an interesting take on it, especially the part about the “guns blazing,” but I’m fairly sure he didn’t believe he was doing anything wrong at the time. Basically, Simpson felt he had a right to retrieve what belonged to him, and brought along a few friends for protection.

Realize that Simpson has lived most of his life as a celebrity, and as such, has had the rules of society bent for him time and time again. It doesn’t mean he realized there was any bending going on, on his behalf. Now the shoe is on the other foot. The gunman in this crime won’t spend a single day in prison. Simpson will spend at least the next nine years. That’s justice for you.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

The four co-defendents in the Simpson trial walked out of Judge Glass' courtroom free men yesterday. The two that had the guns (the one that was brandishing it, the other had it in his waistband) both walked. The dealer that had the gun waved in his face was totally shocked. There's cowboy justice for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X