The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Lucky you, Marco! I wish I could vote today. I've known who I was going to vote for since last year and I'd rather avoid the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
      Lucky you, Marco! I wish I could vote today. I've known who I was going to vote for since last year and I'd rather avoid the crowds.
      Thanks Vanguard

Went with my sisters, wife and her sisters. I hear ya about hating crowds, but it really wasn't very crowded where we went (Kapolei branch).

Last time I voted in 2004, I think I was too young/green/ignorant and didn't feel like I really knew who/what I was voting for. Just spent a couple hours researching all the candidates, which wasn't nearly enough time. But I'm feeling really good about it this goaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        If you live in Hawaii you can vote today, Vanguard! Early bird voter sites opened today on each island. Or you can vote absentee. Maybe you discussed these options earlier in this thread. I only checked the previous page!

Comment

I got to vote today, too --- mailed in my absentee ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            If you live in Hawaii you can vote today, Vanguard! Early bird voter sites opened today on each island. Or you can vote absentee. Maybe you discussed these options earlier in this thread. I only checked the previous page!
            Nope, Tutusue, I haven't been a resident for years. I'm a New Yorker for the time being. At least voting on November 4th will be somewhat festive!

I don't remember about posting about options, but I do remember posting a snopes.com warning about the voting along party lines option.

Comment

According to this WSJ article, Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the FED, has endorsed Obama's economic platform as opposed to McCain's platform. I'm not sure if that is good or bad?!
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

this is for you matapule - you came in to mind when it was forwarded to me.

mahalo - malama pono
                Attached Files
                stay forever young

Comment

Montage of Fox News and Republicans making fun of John Edwards' $400 haircut and defending Sarah Palin's $150K wardrobe

Comment

Opie, Andy Griffith, & The Fonz! www.funnyordie.com/videos/cc65ed650d

Not so funny - www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiti-ZbeO0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLWEDMLmjKk
                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KIvAXPEcaE
                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWiEHBf77co
                    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; October 23, 2008, 11:21 AM.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Oh. No. He. Didn't.

Here's John McCain advocating taxcunts in Manchester, NH.

Whoa.
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Who wouldn't want a tax cuxt?
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Joe Six Pack, Joe The Plumber, now it seems that McCain has to deal with his brother Joe The Idiot!!

Story with audio here

Is this for real?? Apparently Joe McCain, the presidential nominee's brother, called 911 to complain about a traffic jam. Then cursed at the operator and hung up. Then called back to complain some more.

Comment

Bob Barr says don't waste vote on McCain

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Ummm. Don't think that's gonna happen. The circumstances surrounding his August visit to Hawaii and this emergency trip to be at the side of his grandmother (whose health status is described as "serious") are clearly different. Cokie Roberts might have been inelegant in her comments on Obama's earlier trip to Oahu. But let's not paint her as the devil incarnate.
                              I stand partially corrected on this. Cokie Roberts wasn't the "devil incarnate" who would dare to criticize Obama for taking an emergency trip to visit his grandmother. That role was filled by Republican strategist and frequent CNN/MSNBC commentator Brad Blakeman.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...-election.html

Republican strategist Brad Blakeman, responding to a question about how John McCain could square his opposition to wasteful spending with the Palin's wardrobe spree, said that the real outrage is Barack Obama "taking a 767 campaign plane to go visit Grandma."

"Forget about the energy that is wasted, what about the hundreds of thousands of dollars to take a private trip when this guy should be humping his bags on a commercial plane or taking a smaller plane," he told MSNBC. "Taking a 767 of campaign money from people who could least afford it is more of an outrage in my opinion."

Unbelieveable! Equating Palin's $150K shopping spree for clothes/accessories with Obama using his jet to visit his gravely ill grandmother. A lot of nasty rhetoric has been exchanged throughout this heated presidential campaign, but this one marks a new low. Would any card-carrying member of the Republican party care to defend this despicable statement?
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Sooo, this guy Blakeman would like to see Barack Obama flying Hawaiian Air or Delta? Is he insane? We are talking about a presidential nominee, one who has recieved public and likely private threats, and Blakeman thinks he should fly commercially? Insane!!

I wonder how much it would cost to fly Obama and family, and all his secret service, advisors, bodyguards and nannies here commercially. Don't forget to throw in the cost of all of the added security at the airports, the motorcades, etc. etc...

Unbelevable, indeed! But, wait...maybe Obama should have just bought his g-ma $150,000 worth of clothes.....

Comment

Working...
                                X