• Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

(Old news) Hillary claims underdog status

McCain: 'I love being the underdog'

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
      Since when did being inarticulate and dumb get to be a virtue in this election?
      In the 2000 election. Just look at Dubya - once you set the bar that low, all bets are off.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        it appears that Helen is the voice of whoever wants to read her blog. This very funny, 82 year old tells it like it is! No more CNN for me. It's Helen, all the way!
        Seniors ROCK!

malohi u kakai motu'a
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Gen. Colin Powell experiences the backlash from the conservative base for his endorsement of Barack Obama.

First, Pat Buchanan plays the race card, saying that Powell is only endorsing Obama because he's Black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4CaggJflak

Soon afterward, Rush Limbaugh also threw Powell under the bus, parroting Buchanan's accusation that Powell's endorsement was motivated by Obama's skin color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmeFAjN9pY

Wow! Either those guys are mindreaders who can decipher other people's true motives,..... or it's all just conservative sourgrapes. My money's on the latter.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            [...]
            First, Pat Buchanan plays the race card, saying that Powell is only endorsing Obama because he's Black.
            [...]
            Soon afterward, Rush Limbaugh also threw Powell under the bus, parroting Buchanan's accusation that Powell's endorsement was motivated by Obama's skin color.
            [...]
            Buchanan and Limbaugh seem to conveniently forget that Obama is also half white. Silly conservatives...

Comment

So Obama is coming back to Hawaii to visit his ailing Grandma Thurs and Fri. Cokie Roberts better not go off about visiting a more American-type place again.

Comment

She's gotta be in very bad shape for him to take off. Hope she hold's on at least long enuf to see her dream come true.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                  So Obama is coming back to Hawaii to visit his ailing Grandma Thurs and Fri. Cokie Roberts better not go off about visiting a more American-type place again.
                  Ummm. Don't think that's gonna happen. The circumstances surrounding his August visit to Hawaii and this emergency trip to be at the side of his grandmother (whose health status is described as "serious") are clearly different. Cokie Roberts might have been inelegant in her comments on Obama's earlier trip to Oahu. But let's not paint her as the devil incarnate.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    She's gotta be in very bad shape for him to take off. Hope she hold's on at least long enuf to see her dream come true.
                    I remember reading somewhere that Obama didn't get back to Hawaii in time when his mom died. I think he arrived the day after. Sorry...don't have a link right now. Anyway, I truly hope he doesn't have to go thru the same experience with his tutu. A prayer is in order...

Comment

I hope Obama's grandmother will be OK, and I hope she is healthy enough to witness Election Day and Inauguration Day.

Comment

Look's like McCain has decided to give up on Colorado, due to the electoral vote lessening from his favor.
                        With only two weeks to go, and at this rate, will there be any states left for him?
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          Ummm. Don't think that's gonna happen. The circumstances surrounding his August visit to Hawaii and this emergency trip to be at the side of his grandmother (whose health status is described as "serious") are clearly different. Cokie Roberts might have been inelegant in her comments on Obama's earlier trip to Oahu. But let's not paint her as the devil incarnate.
                          He came back to visit her (and family) the last time too. But I'm not painting Roberts as the devil. I do think the devil is slightly worse

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            Look's like McCain has decided to give up on Colorado, due to the electoral vote lessening from his favor.
                            With only two weeks to go, and at this rate, will there be any states left for him?
                            Take McCain out of the umu, he's done!

Let's see if he blames Parah Salin for his flame out. Although Salin is a nincompoop, she can hardly be held accountable for McBlame's ineptitude.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

John Stewart on the 'Real America' schtick...

What the Pfo????

Comment

I voted today and am feeling really good about this.

And I have a serious man-crush on Colin Powell.

And Jon Stewart

Comment

Working...
                                X