Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    In thinking about the possibility that Gov. Palin will make a run for the Presidency in 2012, has anyone else noted that 2012 is the year the ancient Mayan calendar predicts a great upheaval in the civilizations of humanity?
    I almost had a "great upheaval" laughing at Tina Fey's Palin impressions!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      No, that's interesting.

I would take it with a grain of salt, tho. If the Mayan calendar was prophetic, why didn't it tell their people about the demise of their own civilization?
      I don't know why psychics don't just live the high life making their money on sports bets or the stock market.

Comment

Palin in 2012 has the same chance as Dan Quayle had in 1996 .............. NONE! Get serious!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
          Palin in 2012 has the same chance as Dan Quayle had in 1996 .............. NONE! Get serious!
          My first inclination would be to agree. But let's suppose,.....

Barack Obama does a bang-up job in his first term as president. The economy is improved. His approval ratings are high.

Under such circumstances, many Republicans with viable aspirations for the White House might choose to take a pass on 2012 and wait for '16. A strong Obama re-election campaign opens the possibility that the GOP might nominate a sacrificial lamb of sorts. If that is the case, Sarah Palin might very emerge as the victor in a lucklustre field of candidates. But for what? Only to get tromped on by a popular incumbent in the general election, much like McGovern in '72 and Mondale in '84.

OTOH, if the Obama presidency is a shaky one, then the cream of the GOP cream will no doubt step forward in '12 and will likely crowd out someone like Palin.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Newt will be gunning for the White House asap, and will probably be the leader of that rat pack.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Bush uses hand sanitizer after shaking hands with Obama

Wow. Does this mean Bush bathes in Purell after doing this and this?

Because he doesn't exactly exude Howie Mandel-esque tendencies in light of the two previous links!
              Last edited by Vanguard; November 11, 2008, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I find it alarming, and comical, that not one of my fellow posters here was able to see or admit to the bogus"ness" of the Onion post on McCain on election night, let alone see the absolutely hilarious comedy in the video link I posted in regards to a very true sect of Obama supporters. Does anyone here have an ability to actually view the world and find humor in it? Or are you (normally I would say we, but I'm flying solo right now) so blinded by some false belief that you can't find humor in what life throws at us? It really is pretty funny. Whether you walk the right or left aisle, if you can't laugh simultaneously at both, you're really just a lemming. And based on the dialogues and diatribes I've witnessed here, you're not lemmings. However, the lack of acknowledgement really makes me wonder.
                RC

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Does anyone here have an ability to actually view the world and find humor in it? Or are you (normally I would say we, but I'm flying solo right now) so blinded by some false belief that you can't find humor in what life throws at us? It really is pretty funny. Whether you walk the right or left aisle, if you can't laugh simultaneously at both, you're really just a lemming. And based on the dialogues and diatribes I've witnessed here, you're not lemmings. However, the lack of acknowledgement really makes me wonder.
                  RC
                  Could be that no one bothered to look at the clip. Or maybe it just wasn't funny.

Personally, I've seen enough anti-Obama material for a while. The Republicans threw everything they could scrape up out of the cesspool in the last few months. It's gotten old.

Comment

I find it alarming, and comical, that not one of my fellow posters here was able to see or admit to the bogus"ness" of the Onion post on McCain on election night, let alone see the absolutely hilarious comedy in the video link I posted in regards to a very true sect of Obama supporters. Does anyone here have an ability to actually view the world and find humor in it? Or are you (normally I would say we, but I'm flying solo right now) so blinded by some false belief that you can't find humor in what life throws at us? It really is pretty funny. Whether you walk the right or left aisle, if you can't laugh simultaneously at both, you're really just a lemming. And based on the dialogues and diatribes I've witnessed here, you're not lemmings. However, the lack of acknowledgement really makes me wonder.
                    RC
                    I find it comical that you think you know that every one of the over 4000 registered users of this site did not see something. No need for you to be alarmed, I just assumed that no one bothered to respond to your post not that no one can actually view the world and/or find humor in it. A lack of response does not necessarily mean that everyone else is a lemming.

Comment

I find it alarming, and comical, that not one of my fellow posters here was able to see or admit to the bogus"ness" of the Onion post on McCain on election night,
                      I find it alarming and comical that you make such rash presumptions and conclusions.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I find it alarming, and comical, that not one of my fellow posters here was able to ...
                        Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        I find it alarming and comical that you make such rash presumptions and conclusions.
                        I found his post comical, but not alarming, considering the source (admittedly always posting when soused doesn't give much credibility to the posts).

Comment

Pardon me Leo, but by your own admission, some of my most eloquent diatribes have been under the influence of adult beverages.

Drink on, in the spirit of Hemingway.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            Pardon me Leo, but by your own admission, some of my most eloquent diatribes have been under the influence of adult beverages.
                            Some people are just more eloquent than others while under the influence! Oh wait...I'm not Leo!
                            Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            Drink on, in the spirit of Hemingway.
                            Don't mind if I do. Okole maluna...

Comment

I saw a replay of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, taped just a few days after the election, and his guest was John McCain.
                              Jay asked McCain how he was handling the election results.
                              "I'm sleeping like a baby," said McCain. "Two hours asleep, wake up crying, two hours asleep, wake up crying..."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                In thinking about the possibility that Gov. Palin will make a run for the Presidency in 2012, has anyone else noted that 2012 is the year the ancient Mayan calendar predicts a great upheaval in the civilizations of humanity?
                                Nope. I happened to notice that Barack's four-year term ends on 2012.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X