Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    how does this guarantee a republican win? it would seem to me that this incident is a problem for the current Bush administration - which, in case you've forgotten, is republican. this incident would certainly not make me anxious to vote for McCain (I'm one of those "undecided voters") and 4 more years of this kind of reckless decision making.
    understandable anapun808!!!

senate is controlled by and out-numbered with democrats

with obama on the winning ticket - i am almost sure he will not have control!!! pelosi will eventually work her convoluted way in!!!

i am all for obama with "The Change".... demoracts alreay have control of the senate.....what changes will obama have control??? none whatsoever

*sighs* seriously what the ________

blame the clintons!!! if mccain wins

*sighs again and again*
    stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      How about his wife has to show that her carpet match the drapes?
      WB? honestly!!!! carpet and drapes?
      stay forever young

Comment

Sorry - you are quite wrong about who controls the senate! The senate currently has a split of 49-49 with 2 independents. Of course, after the election it may be a completely different picture as the Dems are expected to pick up as many as 9 seats.

(you do realize that Obama is a democrat and that Pelosi is a member of the House, not the senate?)
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

• SP, I've already put the blame on Bill Clinton for giving us Bush

Raids into Pakistan, killing scores of women and children, now raids into Syria killing more innocents, of course the typical temporary drop in gas prices before a major election, a National dept of over one trillion $, an energy crisis, an economic disaster and recession nearing depression, just to name a few..., nice way for Bush and Cheney to hand over the Nation to a new president, after getting a 100 billion $ surplus, peace, and stability from Clinton 8 loooooooong years ago.
          If Obama doesn't take care of it perfectly and whip it all into an American dream nirvana immediately, then he's the joke of the town...
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: SP, I've already put the blame on Bill Clinton for giving us Bush

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            [...]
            If Obama doesn't take care of it perfectly and whip it all into an American dream nirvana immediately, then he's the joke of the town...
            Yep...I think there's a whoooooole lotta people who, when they wake up the morning after the inauguration in January, will expect 8 years worth of wrongs to have been made right overnight. And there's probably a percentage of those who expect that on Nov. 5.

I've already witnessed this mentality on a much, much smaller scale; mismanagement of a condo building. Once the new board took over and held it's first BoD meeting, owners showed up at that meeting expecting ALL the previous wrongs to have already been fixed...and oh so p!$$ed when they weren't. Amazing.

Comment

Sorry - you are quite wrong about who controls the senate! The senate currently has a split of 49-49 with 2 independents. Of course, after the election it may be a completely different picture as the Dems are expected to pick up as many as 9 seats.

(you do realize that Obama is a democrat and that Pelosi is a member of the House, not the senate?)
              that i do....i do.....and i do

yet I stand by my convictions and beliefs that regardless of the split even with pelosi as member of the house...and i thank you for correcting me on that....

pelosi will work her convoluted way through.....so will the dems...if and i say if obama becomes president.....

and i hope i am wrong

i say this with confidence...i have seen it in the works....up front and personal...from behind the scenes....thanks to a 1 and a half years of working........enough said

mahalo
              Last edited by Seeking Penance; October 26, 2008, 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling
              stay forever young

Comment

how does this guarantee a republican win? it would seem to me that this incident is a problem for the current Bush administration - which, in case you've forgotten, is republican. this incident would certainly not make me anxious to vote for McCain (I'm one of those "undecided voters") and 4 more years of this kind of reckless decision making.
                Where did I state that this "guaranteed a republican win"? And I didn't expect the vast majority of people here to change their mind over something like that. However, there are some who will learn of such an event on the news, see it escalate, and think "Uh oh, we've got another war on our hands! Only war hero McCain can save us now!"

Republican County Clerk calls Obama a "young, black Adolph Hitler"

Comment

Sorry - you are quite wrong about who controls the senate! The senate currently has a split of 49-49 with 2 independents.
                  The party breakdown you list is correct. However, the Democrats do, in fact, control the Senate, as the 2 independents (Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders) have chosen to caucus with the Democrats. That is why Democrat Harry Reid is the senate majority leader, and Republican Mitch McConnell is the minority leader. Got that?
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                    WB? honestly!!!! carpet and drapes?
                    Who would object to Martha Stewart's Home Improvement tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      The party breakdown you list is correct. However, the Democrats do, in fact, control the Senate, as the 2 independents (Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders) have chosen to caucus with the Democrats. That is why Democrat Harry Reid is the senate majority leader, and Republican Mitch McConnell is the minority leader. Got that?
                      Thank you so much for pointing that out for all of us. You are correct but the reason they are called "Independent" is because they are not committed to either party. They may "caucus" with the Dems, but as we have witnessed the last few months - Lieberman is a huge McCain supporter.

This whole conversation is moot anyway because the Dems are projected to get more members elected so that will give them a majority without needing the votes of the 2 independent senators.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Thank you so much for pointing that out for all of us. You are correct but the reason they are called "Independent" is because they are not committed to either party. They may "caucus" with the Dems, but as we have witnessed the last few months - Lieberman is a huge McCain supporter.
                        Being a part of a party's caucus and personal support for a presidential candidate are two seperate issues, really. Interrelated for sure, but seperate nonetheless.

Former Democratic Senator Zell Miller publicly endorsed Pres. Bush for re-election 4 years ago. While the move obviously raised the ire of many fellow Democrats, he wasn't kicked out of the Democratic caucus. (Although Miller voluntarily distanced himself from the other Democrats over time.)

Republican Senator Chuck Hagel has refused to endorse John McCain for President. But he is still part of the GOP caucus.

This whole conversation is moot anyway because the Dems are projected to get more members elected so that will give them a majority without needing the votes of the 2 independent senators.
                        The races in the Senate will be worth a close watch on election night. That the Democrats will be in the majority is certain. But what is not certain will be if the Democrats can increase their ranks to 60 members in the senate. If they can reach that number, then the Dems will have a filibuster-proof majority.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Obama in Denver (many photos)

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                            OMG...that's amazing...a sea of humanity! Loved the sign "I'm voting THAT ONE '08"!!! I found this comment regarding the crowd of 100,000 very interesting:
                            ...that doesn't include all the people that got turned away because the security line was so long. I got to it and gave up, so did thousands of others. It was ridiculously awesome.

Comment

<sigh>
                              ATF disrupts skinhead plot to assassinate Obama

Comment

There's plenty of reasons why I think Obama ain't qualified.

But race is NOT one of them.

Gawd, I hate racism.

I am very sorry to tell you, be you Skinhead or Hawaiian or Polka-Dot......

It don't matter what color you are, who your parents were, or where you were born.

NONONONO....You are very, incredibly, ignorantly, WRONG....IT DOES NOT MATTER !!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X