Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Obama Wins (childrens') Scholastic News Election Poll

Comment

Interesting political illustrations...

Comment

UPDATE!

Mr. Buckley said he had “been effectively fatwahed by the conservative movement” after endorsing Barack Obama in a blog posting on TheDailyBeast.com; since then, he said he has been blanketed with hate mail at the blog and at the National Review, where he has written a column.

Comment

Ahhh....so that's what they're so afraid of....

They want to break down the white, Christian, male power structure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTD_DSU23IY

Comment

Sarah Palin gets blasted in an editorial by the Anchorage Daily News. Compares her "I’m very, very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing" response to the Troopergate report as being Orwellian-type spin.

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/555236.html

If Palin were smart, she'd better make sure that spokesmen for the McCain campaign don't start denouncing her home state's paper. If she ends up returning to her job as Alaska governor (which seems more likely with each passing day), the last thing that Palin needs is to have hostile relations with the local press. She's already lost the respect of many Alaska Democrats and Independents who once thought of her as being a bipartisan uniter and ethical reformer. Will she end up burning her bridges with the media there as well?
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Today's NYTimes poll shows Obama with a very decent lead...for whatever polls are worth!

I just don't think Palin has enough smarts, insight or experience to think beyond her nose when it comes to press relations with her home state, FM. She's caught up in McCain's machine and probably hasn't even entertained the thought that they may not win. <crossing fingers!>

I saw news coverage this evening of Palin speaking to special needs parents, most with Down Syndrome children, complete with all the photo ops. She was telling the parents she knew what they were going thru. HORSE PUCKY! That beautiful little guy, Trig, is only 6 months old. That gives the Palins only 6 months of hands on experience. She can't even begin to know what these parents of much older SN children have been thru. I'm the biological auntie to an adorable but severe SN, 9 year old boy. My former sil is 18 times further into the process than Palin, who at this early stage, has no idea.

That said, Sarah Palin seems like the kinda gal I would like to hang out with during chicks night out! Really! But, good grief...she's nowhere ready for the political primetime. And, if she was, I probably wouldn't want to hang out with her!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

That said, Sarah Palin seems like the kinda gal I would like to hang out with during chicks night out! Really!
                Can you hear each others' conversation at Chippendales? Then, shoot your rifles after being so worked up.

Comment

Today's NYTimes poll shows Obama with a very decent lead...for whatever polls are worth!
                  My favorite website to get an instant snapshot of all the major national and state-by-state polls is at http://www.realclearpolitics.com

I saw news coverage this evening of Palin speaking to special needs parents, most with Down Syndrome children, complete with all the photo ops. She was telling the parents she knew what they were going thru. HORSE PUCKY! That beautiful little guy, Trig, is only 6 months old. That gives the Palins only 6 months of hands on experience. She can't even begin to know what these parents of much older SN children have been thru. I'm the biological auntie to an adorable but severe SN, 9 year old boy. My former sil is 18 times further into the process than Palin, who at this early stage, has no idea.
                  You are so right. When a Down syndrome or autistic child is a brand new infant, parents usually don't experience any difficulties that they would otherwise face in raising a perfectly healthy baby. But as the child gets older and the slowness of their developmental process becomes apparent, that is when the real trials and challenges begin.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Why do we elevate our politicians status to that of God or Goddess?

Why do we presumably exclude ourselves from ever being in such lofty positions?

Speaking for myself, and perhaps Auntie Lynn, we got just as much cred as anybody. And I will guarantee you that some folks, who don't, should run.

If you would pal around with Palin, then why not consider yourself worthy of a shot at running the country. I've said it before. I betcha every single one of us (Ht'ers) could do it.

Go Ahead. Run the United States of America. At any level. You can totally do it.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

[quote=tutusue;213042]Today's NYTimes poll shows Obama with a very decent lead...for whatever polls are worth!

with all due respect tutusue - i have no doubt whatsoever with obama in a decent lead for whatever polls are worth......

yet let us not forget the 1948 presidential election/campaign between truman and dewey....

in the end they were all wrong ..... completely and entirely, the commentators, the political editors as well as the politicians....that dewey adamantly will become president....

the fatal flaw back in 1948 was the reliance on the public opinion polls

an announcement was made that dewey was next to be president.

in the end truman won....columinst, reporters, and editorial writers blamed themselves for relying too much on the polls.

------ I hope it isn't the case for obama ------ I hope in the end whomever america decides; will at least have enough sense to place america back to its ownership - in the hands of the american people

granted regardless of arguements back and forth with experience

this will turn ugly in the end if obama ends up at the bottom of the poll come november
                      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post

Why do we presumably exclude ourselves from ever being in such lofty positions?

Speaking for myself, and perhaps Auntie Lynn, we got just as much cred as anybody. And I will guarantee you that some folks, who don't, should run.

If you would pal around with Palin, then why not consider yourself worthy of a shot at running the country. I've said it before. I betcha every single one of us (Ht'ers) could do it.

Go Ahead. Run the United States of America. At any level. You can totally do it.

thank you timkona - i couldn't have said it better - thank you again timkona
                        stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          [...]
                          If you would pal around with Palin, then why not consider yourself worthy of a shot at running the country.
                          [...]
                          Simple...'cuz I have absolutely NO interest. It has nothing to do with worthiness. Possibly, had I found a passion for politics early in my life and pursued that interest, then I might be qualified.

Politicians as Gods or Goddesses? <faint>

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                            [...]
                            with all due respect tutusue - i have no doubt whatsoever with obama in a decent lead for whatever polls are worth......

yet let us not forget the 1948 presidential election/campaign between truman and dewey....[...]
                            And this is exactly why I added "for whatever polls are worth!"...meaning they can either be worth something or nothing at all! One never knows.

Comment

There’s been a lot of talk in this town about firing Elections Chief Kevin Cronin. But Rensselaer County appears to be giving the Aloha State a run for its money. For those who just want to skip to the ballot, and see the misspelling, click here. Incidentally, my cousin went to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for college. Can’t wait to get her opinion on this.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X