Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Law & Order

Originally posted by helen
    Saw a promo for Law & Order: CI and it looks like Chris Noth will be on one episode. I think this for this Sunday (2/13).
    I read that Chris Noth is supposed to appear in half the season (11 episodes), and Vincent D'Onofrio in the other 11. For a while, D'Onofrio was being admitted to the hospital frequently, due to "exhaustion" so I think Dick Wolf made it so Noth can help alleviate some of the "stress of being the lead" of CI that Vincent D'Onofrio had.

By the way, any thoughts on Borgia? They've always been young and pretty females, since Robinette left. So far, I don't think she's as annoying as Serena was...but I'll have to keep watching to see...

ETA: Article here, under "Order Restored"...oh, it says it's for next season...maybe the 2/13 appearance is to ease him in?

http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/050209.asp
    Last edited by malia; February 11, 2005, 06:27 PM. Reason: to add the link to the article I was reading

Comment

Has anyone seen Trial by Jury? It's on Friday night so it kind of conflicts with Sci-Fi Friday.

Comment

I kind of like the new Trail By Jury....BTW, this fall Chris Noth returns to L & O.
        He will be on Law & Order CI reprising his Mike Logan role.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

It seems that Law & Order: CI will have two seperate detective teams that will alternate each week. I think even the starting credits are different.

Comment

I like Vincent D'Onofrio a lot, quirky and somewhat predictable though he might be. But, I (and especially my wife) always lamented the loss of Chris Noth on L&O: Original Recipe. So, seeing a new team working on L&O: Criminal Intent is somewhat refreshing, especially because it's continuing threads from elsewhere in the L&O universe (i.e. Mike Logan seeking redemption after exile to Staten Island).

Still not sure about Det. Carolyn Barek (Logan's partner, played by Annabella Sciorra). Instead of one of them playing the "straight man" to the other's eccentricities, it seems both are aiming for deeper characters.

Comment

I kind of prefer the episodes with Logan and Barek, but I do like the format where they alternate the teams.

Comment

Anyone catch the last few episodes of L&O:CI this season? They were:
                • Logan & Barek vs. evil foster mother (Whoopi Goldberg).
                • Goren & Eames vs. step brother that wasn't.
                • Logan & Barek vs. crooked art dealer.
                They were all linked via a subplot involving Capt. James Deakins (Jamey Sheridan).

The foster mother (Whoopi) storyline was left unresolved (which surprised me, since it had a very 'to be continued' feel), and at that point it seemed like Logan was on his way out. But by the season finale, someone else ended up leaving the show.

I still like the Logan & Barek/Goren & Eames mix. Seems both Goren's character and Eames were toned down a bit from their quirky roots, though.

Comment

I saw the last two on Sunday night. I take it the one with Whoopi Goldberg (which was last week and I didn't watch it) is the episode that Logan shot someone which was the topic of the meeting at the start of the episode that had Goren & Eames in it?

Comment

Seems that NBC is moving Law & Order: CI to Tuesday night at 8pm, followed by Law & Order: SVU at 9pm (all times are at HST).

Comment

I like them all specially because they play them 24/7 in reruns so I don't actually have to watch the regular season! I can watch all my other shows then in the off-season catch up on L&O!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Delete---and adding these extra words because I got the message that I'm too short.

Comment

BIG changes are coming for the 2006-2007 season of Law and Order.
                          for 16 seasons, there's always been a gentleman of a certain age in the show's ''Law'' half (think Jerry Orbach), paired with a younger, hotter partner (insert Martin). But not anymore. ''Suddenly...I'm the old guy,'' says Martin. ''She's the new hotness now.'' The ''she'' in question is Milena Govich (Conviction) as Det. Nina Cassady, the new junior partner to Martin's Det. Ed Green. Along with L&O's freshman ADA played by Alana De La Garza (late of CSI: Miami), these two women are the Next Great Hope of the Dick Wolf brand. And hope can't come fast enough.
                          The full story from EW can be found here.

Flickr

Comment

Well you figure sooner or later Green would become a senior partner. Gee I didn't know Law & Order is moving to Friday nights.

Comment

Here's Law & Order's new ADA. WOW! She played Marisol Cane on CSI: Miami.

Flickr

Comment

Tonight's episode of Law & Order: CI is sort of interesting in terms of the cast. From last season it hinted that Jamey Sheridan wouldn't be back but it seems that Courtney B. Vance wasn't in the starting credits and according to the preview to next week episode Annabella Sciorra seems to be gone as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X