An idea for KORL AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for KORL AM

Now that KORL AM 1180 is off the air, I have an idea for that station. I think KORL AM 1180 should feature traditional jazz to complement KORL FM 101.1's smooth jazz format. Traditional jazz artists include Miles Davis, Anita O'Day, Gene Krupa, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Carmen McRae, Louis Armstrong, Sarah Vaughan, and Dave Brubeck. I believe that the age of traditional jazz music is fit for AM radio.

Re: An idea for KORL AM

They should also devote one prime time hour each day to the music of Chet Baker.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by IBadget View Post
      Now that KORL AM 1180 is off the air, I have an idea for that station. I think KORL AM 1180 should feature traditional jazz to complement KORL FM 101.1's smooth jazz format. Traditional jazz artists include Miles Davis, Anita O'Day, Gene Krupa, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Carmen McRae, Louis Armstrong, Sarah Vaughan, and Dave Brubeck. I believe that the age of traditional jazz music is fit for AM radio.
      If by "traditional," you mean swing, big band, and be bop jazz from the 1930s-1950s, I would agree. (Although Miles made some pretty progressive stuff later in his career.) The vast majority of the recordings from this era are in mono, so an AM outlet would be appropriate. But let's be realistic. The audience that would be attracted to such programming in this day and age is going to be pretty limited. And the target demographic (60 years and up) is hardly appealing to most advertisers.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

It's time for the all Zamfir station.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungNeil View Post
          It's time for the all Zamfir station.
          If they play that Karate Kid theme on a loop, I'm all for it.

Comment

I want an all Enya station.... but that should be on FM.... oh well, I have my iPod. That is what those are for. Program your own stations in your own ear.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
              I want an all Enya station.... but that should be on FM.... oh well, I have my iPod. That is what those are for. Program your own stations in your own ear.
              Mel's iPod Killed The Radio Star.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
              X