Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New interisland airline?

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/bulletin/31074674.html

Isn't Mokulele go! Express? Or did they drop out of that deal? Either way, nice to see some EMB 170s fly the local skies.

Re: New interisland airline?

Let the fare war begin.... again!

They have a picture of the EMB 170 on their website and a virtual tour.

http://www.mokuleleairlines.com/

Seating is similar though I think larger than Go's CRJ 200.... 2 abreast, no center seat.

Ticket price listed is @ $61, $3 less than Go's advertised $64. As of this posting.
    Last edited by mel; October 15, 2008, 04:46 PM.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ironically, this plane was looked at by Aloha as a replacement for interisland. It would be interesting to see how well Mokulele can pull this off. This plane should have even better op cost compared to HA's 717 since these are newer design and tech.

I noticed they are going after markets with less competition, no Maui.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
        http://www.starbulletin.com/news/bulletin/31074674.html

Isn't Mokulele go! Express? Or did they drop out of that deal? Either way, nice to see some EMB 170s fly the local skies.
        If Mokulele dropped out of the go! Express deal, will they continue to service the Moloka'i flight route?

Will folk from Moloka'i see larger commuter planes here?
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

No Maui?, oh yeah , we got the Superferry. We got Hawaiian and Island Air, so no need one more!
          What!, you scared bring it on to Maui.....
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

If for no other reason, if Mokulele can kill off "Go", they got my blessing!

Comment

hi this is sansei and i dont mind this new airline mokulele air is since it'll help former employee's of defunct aloha air,maybe my cousin who was a flight attendent on defunct aloha air may get a new job if she accept's and that her husband who possibly will fly for a airline in india may return to fly on mokulele and that'll make me :O) i wouldnt wish for my cousin and her husband to be apart and he would live in india and she here with her kid's.

well thank's for your time

Comment

My bad!, Mokulele Airlines to start Kahului, Hilo routes in Jan. 2009.
                Glad former Aloha Airlines employees will be working with Mokulele.
                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

These are Ex-Frontier planes as that airline declared bankruptcy and the 10 year contract with Republic was axed. Wonder if they are fitted with PTVs, that would be very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                    hi this is sansei and i dont mind this new airline mokulele air...
                    Technically they ain't new. Their plan to fill in the void left by Aloha is new.

Comment

Mokulele Airlines has a new "Ohana fare" for $59 interisland each way. I know Hawaiian has matched that HNL to KOA because I just bought a ticket from Kona to HNL on Hawaiian for Thanksgiving weekend. I bought a $61 ticket on Hawaiian from HNL to ITO.

Mesa's Go was advertising the previous low $61 fare this past week. I am sure like Hawaiian, Mesa Go! will match Mokulele.... These little dips in fares are good for consumers and as alluded on another thread and in previous threads on airline fares, probably not good for the airlines. But for me, the paying consumer, anything that spikes even slightly downward is better than the higher fare that was offered yesterday.

On the oceanfront, depending on the day you travel the adult fares for Hawaii Superferry are either $49 or $59 per person each way between HNL and Kahului or back. Vehicle extra. Child fares are $39. Maui travellers have some of the best fare options.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

After that announcement, is Mokulele still providing go! Express route in addition to their own flight service particularly to-from MKK routes?

Is Mesa going to drop Mokulele and bring their go! jets to-from MKK or cancel that route like the other two airlines (HA and Aloha)?
                        Last edited by Random; November 1, 2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X