The Slippah Project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Slippah Project!

So wonderful that you were able to expand to other islands yet again, after a lean period. Mahalo to you, Lynn, and all the not-so-public folks who have helped to build this project over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      So wonderful that you were able to expand to other islands yet again, after a lean period. Mahalo to you, Lynn, and all the not-so-public folks who have helped to build this project over the years.
      Thank you much Leo Lakio!

I also want to say mahalo to Christina of MidWeek, Dean and Marrisa Capalouto of Oahu Express Ltd., Scotts Slippers, KauKau Wagon, Loves Bakery, Blaine Fergerstrom, and to my dear husband, P.K. He packed, drove, served, did everything I asked him to do...ha ha ha. Mahalo ♥

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's that time again. Our 8th Year!! And it started here on HT!

The Slippah Project now The Slippah Foundation!

Five hundred slippahs the first year grew into thousands in the years to come. I stopped counting when it reached five thousand. The smiles and giggles throughout the years are priceless. We bring joy and happiness to those less fortunate to ourselves during the holiday season and in July at Convoy of Hope. Making my wish come true eight years ago by fellow members on Hawaii Thread is why The Slippah Foundation exist today. Mahalo and God's blessings to everyone.

Auntie Lynn

http://www.slippah.org
        or The Slippah Foundation
        99-1122 Kihewa Place
        Aiea HI 96701

Make check payable to: The Slippah Foundation
        EIN: 27-1380921

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          The Slippah Foundation
          99-1122 Kihewa Place
          Aiea HI 96701
          Eh, Auntie Lynn! I sent a check to this address & it came back "no such number."

Comment

Ooops!! My BAD!!

99-122 Kihewa Place
            Aiea, Hawaii

Comment

And Mahalo Leo Lakio for your continued support every year!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Donations are starting to come in.
                Mahalo to Mac Pro (Melvin) and Tutusue!

The Mayor Wright Homes Slippah Christmas Celebration will be on
                December 20th. I'll be delivering around the island starting
                on December 21st.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

It's February and I'm still delivering! I injured my left knee so it slowed me down a bit but most of the deliveries have been made. Lot's of smiles and happiness once again to be shared because of what transpired on this forum nine years ago. Miracles do come true when you believe. Aloha, Auntie Lynn

Comment

The magic still continues. Each time I distribute, I remember the first year. We started out with 500 Slippahs. Since then we've distributed thousands!! We've touched so many lives. Many times our Slippahs and items were their only gifts on Christmas Day. 100% goes to pay for "Slippahs." We also give clothes, can goods, toys, etc. when available. This is our ninth year and it started here on HawaiiThreads.com! Your donation makes it possible.

Please donate:
                    http://www.slippah.org
                    The Slippah Foundation
                    99-122 Kihewa Place
                    Aiea HI 96701

Make check payable to: The Slippah Foundation

EIN: 27-1380921
                    A Hawaii 501(c)3 Nonprofit

Comment

It started right here. The Slippah Project with fellow members making a wish come true! And now we're in our ninth year bringing joy to our recipients. We started with only five hundred "Slippahs" at Mayor Wright Housing the first year. Then year after year the need grew and we delivered each time. Shelters, Schools, even to the outer islands, etc. Next year we celebrate our Tenth Anniversary! Mahalo to Everyone.
                      Attached Files

Comment

We're picking up "Slippahs!" today!
                        Calls are coming in from various Housings representatives and recipients. The need is great. Hopefully, we can supply them all. We are still accepting donations at http//:www.slippah.org or mail check to 99-122 Kihewa Place Aiea, HI 96701
                        The Mayor Wright Housing Distribution will be held on December 18th, Thursday 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
                        The Leeward Coast Delivery will be on Saturday, December 20th.
                        Oahu Delivery to other sites and shelters will be on Christmas morning.
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; November 12, 2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Delivery to the Kamehameha, Ka'ahumanu and Kalihi Valley Homes will be this Thursday, Dec. 11th. Halawa Housing on Sunday, Dec. 14th.

Still accepting donations at http://www.slippah.org

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

A video my niece made of last night's distribution at Mayor Wright Housing.

http://flipagram.com/f/NmtFONQWvr

Comment

Aunty Lynn, what wonderful pictures full of beautifully happy faces and smiles. I bet you sleep well with joyous dreams each Christmas season!
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                                Aunty Lynn, what wonderful pictures full of beautifully happy faces and smiles. I bet you sleep well with joyous dreams each Christmas season!
                                It's a mixture of good and sadness. The good of course of seeing the children so happy. Our mission is to bring a bit of happiness and the magic of Christmas when we come. We're small but mighty in love. Dreams of getting bigger to reach a lot more! Merry Christmas Amati!

Comment

Working...
                                X