Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Slippah Project!

It's time.

Six years. We've come a long way gang! Oh....yeah! It started right on HT. Where's Adrian? He's as much as a founder as you all are! Wishes and dreams do come true...you just gotta believe.

http://www.slippah.org

Let's do it!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lucky there's HT. Yesterday, I went and found all the recipients since we began. Wow!! Plenny SLIPPAHS!

Our Recipients:
      PAIR2CARE” of West side stories
      Child Family Services (Ewa)
      Waimanalo
      Wailua
      Haleiwa
      Kamehameha Housing
      Makakilo (PSI) Elementary School
      Jefferson Elementary
      Keaau Beach
      State’s Waianae Shelter
      Mayor Wright Housing
      Kaahumanu Housing
      IHS
      Palolo Housing
      Kuhio Park Terrace
      The Next Step/Puahala Homes
      Halawa Homes
      Kalihi Valley Homes
      Kailua agencies
      Onemalu Barber’s Point
      Ohana Ola
      Paiolu
      Maili Beach
      Leeward Coast
      Haleiwa Beach Park
      Haleiwa Beach Park across the Fire Station
      Wahiawa (Father Jack’s Hale)
      Kahi Kolu Ohana O’

We shipped to:
      Big Island (Social Ministry Caravan Homeless Outreach Program)
      Kauai (Boys and Girls Club)
      Maui

100% goes to the keiki and their ohana. The sparkle in their eyes tell a story when they receive a gift as simple as a pair of slippahs. We’d like to give them an extra something during the holiday season. We also accept new and used clothing, toys and canned goods. Email me at lynn.vasquez@gmail.com

Mahalo, Auntie Lynn
      Attached Files

Comment

Aloha! I'll start delivering to the following places on Monday: Blaisdell Park, Haleiwa Park, Wailua, and Wahiawa. The MWH Annual Christmas Celebration is on Dec. 21st. The Leeward Coast Delivery is on Dec. 24th. We are still asking for donations. We also accept clothes, toys and canned goods. Please PM me or email lynn.vasquez@gmail.com 100% goes to our recipients.

Mahalo! Auntie Lynn and The Slippah Foundation
        Attached Files

Comment

P/u Slippahs from Scott Hawaii yesterday.

Michael Scott, President and Owner of Scott Hawaii.

Mahalo to ALL our Donors! We are still accepting donations as well as new and used clothes, blankets, canned goods, and toys for the Leeward Coast and other delivers we have. Prayers are welcome. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Please give to your favorite charity or church mission. Tis the season for giving. God's blessings upon You!

Comment

Aunty keep up the wonderful charity that you do year after year! You are definitely a blessed one.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
              Aunty keep up the wonderful charity that you do year after year! You are definitely a blessed one.
              Mahalo D'Alani for your generous contributions to The Slippah Foundation every year too! It's folks like you who make our mission a reality! God's blessings upon you my friend.

Comment

Tomorrow night is the Slippah Foundation's Annual Christmas Celebration at Mayor Wright Housing! This is our 6th year bringing joy and cheer to the keiki and their ohana. Bruddah Sam Puletasi will be entertaining our guests. On Christmas Eve. morn, we'll be heading out to the Leeward Coast with our volunteers as we do every year. We'll distribute and share Love and ALOHA. Most of all, we'll be sharing blessings and hope of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are not finish. I have requests coming in for other places. Last year, my last delivery was in Ewa Beach in March. Mahalo to all who donated!! Love you all very much!! http://www.slippah.org/

Comment

In the MidWeek:

http://www.midweek.com/content/colum...toys_and_more/

Comment

Pictures at MWH last night:
                    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9330907&type=3

Mahalo to my daughter, Gaya for taking charge and showing me the right way on how to do an event. =) My son, Conrad, Mahalo for bringing Kawika, Paulette and Greg. What a team! Mahalo to the St. Louis Football Players (Kekoa). Mahalo Kelena Freudenberg-Flores! Mahalo Bruddah Sam Puletasi and his friend. (Yea, I forgot his name.) Mahalo Michael and Scott Hawaii, Sharon Black and KauKau Wagon, My DH. Mahalo Lord for being in control. I really appreciate each and everyone of you! Merry Christmas and God's blessings upon you all.

‎"Those who gave what they could, those who couldn't only prayed. That helped, we understood. To give from your heart with nothing in return Is what it's all about."

2011 List of Donors:
                    11/01 - Judy Nakagawa
                    11/05 - Tina Kubala
                    11/10 - Jonnie Santos
                    11/11 - Joel Avendano
                    11/13 - SOOS!
                    11/18 - D'Alani
                    11/20 - Gloria Machado
                    11/20 - John Oshiro
                    11/20 - Mark Yamamoto
                    11/22 - Roxanne Darling
                    11/23 - Karen Gates
                    11/27 - Evelyn Hunter
                    11/28 - Filomena Tomei
                    11/30 - Nedra McKnight
                    12/06 - Kelena FreudenbergFlores
                    12/06 - Quijana Byrd
                    12/08 - Tutu Sue Larkin
                    12/16 - Gregg Porter

Our next stop is Christmas Eve on the Leeward Coast!!
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 22, 2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Auntie...is there any way you can keep the donation page open all year long and continue to promote it? Just thinking out loud...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Auntie...is there any way you can keep the donation page open all year long and continue to promote it? Just thinking out loud...
                        That's a wonderful idea! I'll tell the others.

Also, I just got more "Slippahs" from Sandy at Harbor Towers. Beautiful design kine. My hale is full inside and out. No Christmas Tree two years in a row. Das ok, the smiles I see, sparkle in the eyes of the children and adults too are more than enough for me and P.K.

Merry Christmas Tutusue!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Leeward Coast delivery completed.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Aloha! It's time.

This is our Lucky 7th Year!!

It started here seven years ago and since then we’ve touched so many lives. The individual stories, the tears and pain. The laughter, hopes and dreams. We are there to bring a bit of happiness for a little while. Joy and the Christmas Spirit to those who are less fortunate than ourselves. For the past three years we’ve gone over the holidays. And this year, we participated in The Convoy of Hope at Kapolei. We may be small but our hearts and goal to reach our recipients are Big! Please donate to The Slippah Foundation! Mahalo, Auntie Lynn and The Slippah Foundation Ohana

If you wish, checks can be mailed to:

The Slippah Foundation
                            99-122 Kihewa Place
                            Aiea, HI 96701

Make check payable to: The Slippah Foundation
                            EIN: 27-1380921

Or through Chipin/Pay Pal at http:www.Slippah.org
                            Mahalo

Comment

Our very first Donation for 2012 came from Likanui!!

Mahalo,

The Slippah Foundation Ohana

Comment

The 7th Annual Mayor Wright Homes Slippah Christmas Party will be on December 21, 2012. Sponsored by Kaukau Wagon.

Comment

Working...
                                X