Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Slippah Project 2008!

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Humm, another thought ... wonder if Mama has small feet .... nah, it's for the keiki.
    Small feet? No way.

She may have shrunk but her feet remains the same.

A Big bumbucha SIZE 10!

Das my MAMA!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

here they are, what I will be bringing for the Slippah Project :-)

They are all hand-made by a lovely elderly lady, whom I do not know but thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hope the kids will enjoy them warm slippers when I bring them when I arrive sunday night !!!
      Attached Files
      http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
      http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
      If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Mahalo Lucy!

And to the following new Donors:

# 11/15/08 - Nova M. Sain, Warrington, PA
        # 11/16/08 - Filomena Tomei (Plumeria), Vancouver, BC
        # 11/16/08 - Christi Jones, Honolulu
        # 11/21/08 - Corrin Foster, Crown Point, IN
        # 11/21/08 - Kelly Imoto, Ewa Beach
        # 11/22/08 - Doris McRoberts, Cayce, SC
        # 11/22/08 - Anita King, Waianae
        # 11/22/08 - Ozawa 'Ohana, Mililani
        # 11/23/08 - Surfing Farmboy, Bristol, RI & Kailua
        # 11/23/08 - Karen Gates, Ewa Beach
        # 11/25/08 - Maria Roberts, Las Vegas, NV
        # 11/25/08 - JJ Johnson, Honolulu

KCC is having us have our Porta Box there to collect toys on 12/5-12/12 and their book drive will be 12/12-12/19. We're looking for places to take more donations in the same box for the following week. If you have anyone or any businesses willing to be a drop site for this box. We'd love to have it filled!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Mahalo!

# 12/2/08 - Exbor, Honolulu
          # 12/3/08 - Lei Liko, Honolulu
          # 12/4/08 - Thomas Arakaki, Honolulu
          # 12/4/08 - Tara Hartman, Lillington, NC
          # 12/4/08 - Da Hui, All Ova Da Creation!
          # 12/4/08 - D'alani, Kalihi

"Always believe in MIRACLES!!"

I went to the Hawaii Criminal Justice Center this morning. Three boxes totaling sixty pairs of brand new "SLIPPAHS!" And a check in the amount of $50.00. I was overwhelmed. I broke down and cried. The woman with me cried too. Their generosity touched my heart as well as everyone who donates to this cause. The Slippah Project is for the Keiki. I had written on a blog several days ago the following:

"I believe a Non Profit Agency should use ALL FUNDS for the sole purpose of what it is out to do ~ for the CAUSE. So many times we have seen others benefit from the kala instead for those who need the help. Da Slippah Foundation started four years ago. Bruddah Blaine pays all the taxes from his pocket. I will be filing our own 501C whateva’s but unlike the others…ALL MONIES will continue to benefit those we service. Das how it was done in the beginning, das how it should be done today. From da heart.

And another thing. We don’t only give Slippahs. We give to the Homeless Keiki on the Beaches and Shelters of the Leeward Coast ~ Food, Clothes and TOYS!"

N.B. Namba of Punahou called too. Her grade school students collected and bought "Slippahs." She will be delivering dem to my hale on Sunday. It's about "US!" It's about "WE!"

For the Keiki. For the CHILDREN!!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn and Blaine
          Last edited by 1stwahine; December 5, 2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

What is the best way to donate money to the Slippah Project, Auntie? I thought you had posted about a bank that was accepting and forwarding monetary donations, but now I can't find that post. Or is there an address that checks can be mailed to??
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
              What is the best way to donate money to the Slippah Project, Auntie? I thought you had posted about a bank that was accepting and forwarding monetary donations, but now I can't find that post. Or is there an address that checks can be mailed to??
              Here ya go!

Checks can be mailed to: Blaine Fergerstrom, 1689 Piikea St., Honolulu 96818. Make check payable to Blaine Fergerstrom with a note, "For Lynn's Slippah Project."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Mahalo!

# 12/2/08 - Exbor, Honolulu
                # 12/3/08 - Lei Liko, Honolulu
                # 12/4/08 - Thomas Arakaki, Honolulu
                # 12/4/08 - Tara Hartman, Lillington, NC
                # 12/4/08 - Da Hui, All Ova Da Creation!
                # 12/4/08 - D'alani, Kalihi

"Always believe in MIRACLES!!"

I went to the Hawaii Criminal Justice Center this morning. Three boxes totaling sixty pairs of brand new "SLIPPAHS!" And a check in the amount of $50.00. I was overwhelmed. I broke down and cried. The woman with me cried too. Their generosity touched my heart as well as everyone who donates to this cause. The Slippah Project is for the Keiki. I had written on a blog several days ago the following:

"I believe a Non Profit Agency should use ALL FUNDS for the sole purpose of what it is out to do ~ for the CAUSE. So many times we have seen others benefit from the kala instead for those who need the help. Da Slippah Foundation started four years ago. Bruddah Blaine pays all the taxes from his pocket. I will be filing our own 501C whateva’s but unlike the others…ALL MONIES will continue to benefit those we service. Das how it was done in the beginning, das how it should be done today. From da heart.

And another thing. We don’t only give Slippahs. We give to the Homeless Keiki on the Beaches and Shelters of the Leeward Coast ~ Food, Clothes and TOYS!"

N.B. Namba of Punahou called too. Her grade school students collected and bought "Slippahs." She will be delivering dem to my hale on Sunday. It's about "US!" It's about "WE!"

For the Keiki. For the CHILDREN!!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn and Blaine
                Auntie, as I mentioned to zztype earlier, I wish I could have given more. I'll do anything to help out the kids in my old neighborhood.

You both are truly an inspiration!
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                  Auntie, as I mentioned to zztype earlier, I wish I could have given more. I'll do anything to help out the kids in my old neighborhood.
                  Mahalo Lei Liko!

# 12/05/08 Quijana Byrd, Palmyra, VA
                  # 12/5/08 - Pupule Lucie, Montreal, Canada
                  And Rep. Joey Manahan who will be picking up the many boxes and distributing to KPT!

While talking to one of the tour guides, I asked if there were lots of Homeless living on the North Shore. He gave me a map where I could find them. After the tour, we went looking for the Keiki. We found dem. We gave about twenty-five Slippahs total. To hear the plights of how their parents have to live every week to vacate the beaches on certain days and get permits once a week tore my heart. Little children running around during the holiday season...no moa hale. It's wrong. Most parents have jobs but can't afford the rent. I saw rice, shoyu, katsup, and everything you see in a kitchen on a wall with a two kerosene stoves nearby. I can go on and on.

When we went to Wahiawa, I looked for a homeless person. I found a woman and asked where could I find the children? She gave me the address to HPD Chaplin Father Jack. I drove to the address and walked to his hale. A tall man came outside. I introduced myself and told him what I was there for. I wanted to give the children under the Bridge "Slippahs!" He smiled and told me thank you. I told him if he needed more to call me.

Please be my ears and eyes. I know there are others out there. We can make a difference.

If we have the funds, we will get the Slippahs to ALL the Keiki in Hawaii!

If can ~ can. If no can ~ at least we tried!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    ,.If can ~ can. If no can ~ at least we tried!

Auntie Lynn
                    I love the twist on the saying. You are truly amazing turning your dream wish into a reality for so many. Glad to see that Mama is doing okay and you have a great man in P.K. by your side. Congratulations on the marriage (I'm late )!

Kawena

Comment

Originally posted by btwnc2c View Post
                      Glad to see that Mama is doing okay and you have a great man in P.K. by your side. Congratulations on the marriage (I'm late )!

Kawena
                      Aloha Kawena!

Great to hear from ya! You're not late at all...we're still newlyweds. *giggles*

Auntie Lynn

Comment

W00T! BJ Namba just delivered over 100 Slippahs dat her 3rd graders bought and collected for the Slippah Project!

She gave me their picture holding the slippahs. Unfortunately, my scanner is broken. I told her to email me the pic so I can share it with you. The story of them collecting and getting involved is a story in itself.

They watched a play of two children and a pair of slippers being shared which took place in Afganistan/Pakistan. BJ Namba, their teacher told them about the Slippah Project and they got excited. They wanted to help the children here in their own aina.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Mahalo, Mahalo Everyone!

To our Final Chip In Donors,
                          12/7/08 - Landon Castellano, Wahiawa, HI
                          12/7/08 - Michael Segal, Andover, MA

When I came home this afternoon from work, I was so tired. The phone rang. It was a woman. Calm voice, like one Angel. I taught I dreaming. She told me her company wanted to donate slippers to the Slippah Project. I told her thank you and proceeded to tell her about the history.

Den...after my story she told me the amount they were giving.

2 PALLETS!!!

Das a lot of SLIPPAHS!

The President doesn't want no one to know it's coming from his company. They're just doing their share of giving to the Keiki!

I'll be in touch with my D.J. Friend, Darrin Carlson from Hilo.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

LOVING stories li'dat!

No governmental mucking about; this project started with Lynn & Blaine saying "let's just do this, make it happen." Look how it grows.

Aloha Spirit in the flesh; not a glorified, polish-it-for-the-tourists, make-sure-I-get-credit-and-a-photo-op version, but the real thing.

I hope I learn the lessons being given here.

Comment

is it too late to contribute?

Comment

Originally posted by tinav View Post
                                is it too late to contribute?
                                Not at all!

Checks can be mailed to: Blaine Fergerstrom, 1689 Piikea St., Honolulu 96818. Make check payable to Blaine Fergerstrom with a note, "For Lynn's Slippah Project."

Mahalo,

Lynn and Blaine

btw: Contact has been made to Hilo and Maui.

Comment

Working...
                                X