Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    People that don't acknowledge you at all when you hold the door for them, or when you allow them to go before you. Also, people that don't give way when walking opposite ways on a sidewalk. Next time that happens, I'll just continue on a collision course w/ them, and see what happens, I guess.
    Same thing with exiting. Proper conduct say's you wait so those coming out, can, then you go. But no. Now it's shove your way past no matter what.
    But not with me. I do as you suggest and let the chips, and butts, fall where they may. Unless of course it's an elderly or disabled person then I'll give them the room. Can't work for everybody, but I'm willing to take on those that want to push it further.
    It usually just takes determined body language, and 'the eye' if needed, to get the point across before they have the chance to impede.
    Rudeness is the rule more and more these day's. Don't put up with it.
    When walking around, I'll always give space, but then some clowns don't reciprocate, or worse, take even more of yours. Wrong...
    Then there's Waikiki, where these examples are in overdrive.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; November 5, 2009, 08:00 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

We are having open enrollment for our medical plans. If I'm figuring this out right, I'd have to pay $374.84 a month for the self-only plan. That includes everything: medical, dental, drug and vision. I decided to sign up for only the medical and dental, which will come out to $309.94 a month. I'm due to get my vision checked and new glasses next year, but I'm going to delay it another 18 mos. I don't take any meds, so unless I get sick or something happens, I won't need the drug plan.

My husband's company pays for his medical. I keep telling him how lucky he is!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
        [...]
        My husband's company pays for his medical. I keep telling him how lucky he is!
        Can he list you on his plan and pay the difference? Of course that would only make sense if it was cheaper to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Can he list you on his plan and pay the difference? Of course that would only make sense if it was cheaper to go that route.
          If I wanted to be covered under my husband's plan, he'd have to enroll in a family plan. Their family plan costs more than what I'd be paying in my self-only plan, so it's not worth it.

My coworker was moaning because she has to pay $1,160.00 a month premium for the family plan. I don't know how parents manage nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            Same thing with exiting. Proper conduct say's you wait so those coming out, can, then you go. But no. Now it's shove your way past no matter what.
            But not with me. I do as you suggest and let the chips, and butts, fall where they may. Unless of course it's an elderly or disabled person then I'll give them the room. Can't work for everybody, but I'm willing to take on those that want to push it further.
            It usually just takes determined body language, and 'the eye' if needed, to get the point across before they have the chance to impede.
            Rudeness is the rule more and more these day's. Don't put up with it.
            When walking around, I'll always give space, but then some clowns don't reciprocate, or worse, take even more of yours. Wrong...
            Then there's Waikiki, where these examples are in overdrive.
            When I foresee a collision I simply stop in my tracks and make them sidestep around me. Works all the time.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My pet peeve is when you're trying to help other people who COME TO YOU (call you) and while you're trying to help, they don't listen, cut you off, and tell you how stupid you are. I understand you're frustrated, but I'm telling you what to do to fix your situation. Stop cussing at me and telling me I'm stupid. I promise you I am not.

I hate my job. Yes, I know I'm lucky to have one. I understand that with every little bit of me. But that does not stop me from hating it. I am still looking for another one, but have to stay here until I find another. And everyday, I come home exhausted and mentally drained b/c people have spent all day taking their frustrations out on me. And I have to sit there and let them, even though it's their own fault. Company policy. And nope, can't terminate the call, even after being called a "f-ing retarding g-d b#$@" 3 times in 20 minutes. I asked. Twice.

Thank you for letting me vent. Please don't remind me to look on the bright side, b/c that just makes me want to scream. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                When I foresee a collision I simply stop in my tracks and make them sidestep around me. Works all the time.
                Saw a guy and his girl riding bike on the sidewalk yesterday. The guy goes off to avoid pedestrians, the stupid girl purposely holds ground down the center and forces people out of her way. I wanted to chase her down and toss her in the dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  Saw a guy and his girl riding bike on the sidewalk yesterday. The guy goes off to avoid pedestrians, the stupid girl purposely holds ground down the center and forces people out of her way. I wanted to chase her down and toss her in the dirt.
                  It's illegal to ride a bicycle on sidewalks in commercially zoned areas. It's okay in residential areas. But when a bicyclist rides on the sidewalk they must use a signalling device (Yelling, "Move It!") and head to pedestrians. Better to just walk it when in the company of pedistrians.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It was along Kap. Bl. at McKinley High. No matter what the zoning, that kind of behavior isn't acceptable. She would have ran them over and not looked back had they not scrambled out of her way.

I usually ride my bike on the sidewalk, except in Waikiki..., but am naturally respectful of those in my path. With cops, it's always per the individual and how they feel at the moment as to if you get a ticket.

Comment

my pet peeve for the last 10 days has been this little cootie.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Bummers, cyn.

Comment

yuh-huh. it all started with the vog a couple weeks ago. sore, scratchy throat with hot sniffly nose eventually led to my having fluid in my lungs, for which the doc prescribed antibiotics last week. while the fluid is now gone, i'm still coughing pretty deeply & fairly often (and it's not very attractive). doc just prescribed a four-day course of steroids and admonished me to stay home (mostly to rest; partially so other people won't infect me with additional cooties while i'm on the road to better health).

factoid from my MD: everytime you sneeze or cough the air comes out of you as fast as 100 mph--in other words, you're hurling out a host a cooties at hurricane speed. and the spray can go as far as ten feet. tasty!

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                          My pet peeve is when you're trying to help other people who COME TO YOU (call you) and while you're trying to help, they don't listen, cut you off, and tell you how stupid you are. I understand you're frustrated, but I'm telling you what to do to fix your situation. Stop cussing at me and telling me I'm stupid. I promise you I am not.

I hate my job. Yes, I know I'm lucky to have one. I understand that with every little bit of me. But that does not stop me from hating it. I am still looking for another one, but have to stay here until I find another. And everyday, I come home exhausted and mentally drained b/c people have spent all day taking their frustrations out on me. And I have to sit there and let them, even though it's their own fault. Company policy. And nope, can't terminate the call, even after being called a "f-ing retarding g-d b#$@" 3 times in 20 minutes. I asked. Twice.

Thank you for letting me vent. Please don't remind me to look on the bright side, b/c that just makes me want to scream. I just needed to get that off my chest.

SG, i just read this post of yours and i feel so badly for you. there is no good reason for a company policy that allows its employees to be abused in that manner. it's no wonder you're totally drained at the end of the day. i hope you're able to find a better job soon.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                            [...]
                            factoid from my MD: everytime you sneeze or cough the air comes out of you as fast as 100 mph--in other words, you're hurling out a host a cooties at hurricane speed. and the spray can go as far as ten feet. tasty![...]
                            Forget which tv show I was watching but this exact subject was covered, complete with appropriate lighting, filter and an overcranked camera that actually showed the spew of droplets; the result of a sneeze. And, earlier today someone posted on Facebook a Dr. Oz video discussing how trains and buses are incredible breeding grounds for the flu. He, too, mentioned the 100mph sneeze.

I got the scratchy throat, hot nose, early sniffles last Wed. Got into my naturopath on Thurs. and became a human pin cushion! Dang...accupuncture works for me every time. The virus never took hold and all those minor symptoms were gone within 48 hours. She also talked me into power washing my sinuses with a neti pot (stop laughing!)!! I knew my ND (& Dr. Oz) was in favor of those but I just couldn't bring myself to try it before last week. Purely a psychological block! Then I heard that a neti pot can help as a possible preventative to upper respiratory viruses so I was willing to try. Easy-sneezy! (pun intended!)

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Forget which tv show I was watching but this exact subject was covered, complete with appropriate lighting, filter and an overcranked camera that actually showed the spew of droplets; the result of a sneeze.
                              "Mythbusters" has done a bit that they use as a promotion for getting H1N1 shots.

Comment

The thousand frame per second sneeze vid:

http://www.break.com/index/super-slo...-sneezing.html

Comment

Working...
                                X