Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Talking Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    TMI...
    Oh well, try this!
    lol. Sorry, I figured, I wasn't lying about it, & it sure was the honest truth . lol. Sorry for the "TMI". lol.

I've seen people also speeding, so I also figured for others that they too NEED to use the restroom, that being the reasons for their speeding on the road aswell. lol. :-D

I have a New Years Eve challenge for you, Serenity! How about contributing a post to this thread by 11:59p tonight!
    lol. sure I'll check it out.

Happy New Year. :-)
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Default Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Slate???

Chalk??????

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    i may be catholic, but i'm not jesus
    Oooh! I like that. You oughta put that on a bumper sticker.

Oh, right ... a peeve. Our facility closed at 5 today - usually, we are open until 9 on Wednesdays, but we closed early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. We've had signs up about it, in order to notify our volunteers, for over three weeks - so whaddya think happens? That's right - a volunteer shows up at 4:30 to record her (one-hour) program to air on Friday; she claimed she never knew about the early closures. And since I had already agreed to be the one to lock up (which we had planned to have happen at 5:30), I had to stay until she was done - at 6:15.

I'll take the time off Monday morning - but I think I'm still entitled to be peeved, no?
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; December 31st, 2008 at 06:30 PM.

I was saddened today to have to let an employee go. A really nice person, but an ineffective worker. It was a tough decision, but I'd given him way more chances to improve than I should have. I usually use the three-strikes rule -- verbal warning, written warning, then pau -- but this person was so nice I give him 10 or 12 strikes before the axe finally had to fall.
    Bummer.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

The iTunes Music Store...
    Rather, a decision made by an employee(s?)...

Long story...
    Over a year ago I downloaded a video; an episode of Inside the Actor's Studio. It wouldn't transfer to my iPod no matter what I did. Finally took it to the Apple Stores genius bar where it was determined the "resolution is wrong for your iPod". Turns out the ep is HD resolution but not marketed as HD and there's no way to get the appropriate resolution. So, earlier this month ITMS employee #1 credited my account for 1 video and threw in a 2nd video for my trouble! IOW, Apple added those video credits internally. Cool...or so I thought.

Last week-end I tried to purchase music using my $140.+ store credit. Couldn't do it. Kept getting a message:
    Warning Your remaining credits are insufficient or inapplicable to this purchase. Your account will be debited for some or all of this purchase.
    My "account" meaning my credit card! I emailed an inquiry and received this answer from ITMS employee #2:
    The store credit of $141.59 is from iTunes gift cards being redeemed on your account. The information I sent you was advising the reason for the error message is because you have video credits on your account. So to make it really easy to understand, once you redeem the video credits on your account, you will be able to purchase albums or other things which will be credited from your store credit.
    Huh? The ITMS holds my music credit hostage 'til I use my video credit? I was saving my video credits 'til I found something I wanted! The only one I wanted was the one that wouldn't sync up with my iPod!

I scoured the Terms of Service and the Terms of Sale and couldn't find anything applicable so I sent off another inquiry to Apple, only to receive the following:
    Unfortunately, the issue that you are experiencing on your account is not something that is laid out in the terms of service. The issue that you are experiencing is actually an error on your account and does not normally happen on every account that has video or song credits with store credit available. Once again I understand your frustration with this issue and if there was more that I could help you with, I would be more than willing too.
    I requested to be directed to someone with authority to correct the error and received the following reply:
    Unfortunately, I have already spoken with someone in regards to the error on your account, and was advised the video credit would have to be used first in order to continue to purchase items using the store credit. I will provide below the technical support department that may be able to assist you.
    Still no offer to remedy the error. I was referred to the fee-based tech support dept...even tho' I've already paid for ProCare!

I've been an Apple fan for almost 20 years and have always been more than satisfied with their customer service, but this experience caught me off guard! Apple admits to the error then states an unwillingness to easily rectify this situation. All this over the equivalent of $3.98. I wonder why they didn't just offer to convert the video credits to music credits.

Stay tuned!

There...I feel better now! And if you've read this far you have way too much time on your hands!

Jeez...another peeve in the same week! The remote for my car's security system decided it would work only some of the time which caused me to set off my alarm more times in one week than I had in 3 years! The cost for this little 1.25" x 2.5" gadget? $125.00. The company threw in the AAA battery and a half hour of diagnostic time!

Honestly. when you walk into Safeway and there is not ONE package of ground beef. Only in Hawaii have I experienced runs on certain items at times. The dairy section too was bare shelved at 8:00 pm !
    n'importe

Quote Originally Posted by Kaukura View Post
    Honestly. when you walk into Safeway and there is not ONE package of ground beef. Only in Hawaii have I experienced runs on certain items at times.[...]
    Was that the $1.99 sale? Shoots, I was going to pick some up tomorrow. Hopefully they'll restock later this evening.

Was that the $1.99 sale? Shoots, I was going to pick some up tomorrow. Hopefully they'll restock later this evening.
    Several things on sale. You know, I think Superbowl sunday had something to do with things being gone. Safeway was a bit more packed than usual for a Sat. night...
    n'importe

Quote Originally Posted by Kaukura View Post
    Several things on sale. You know, I think Superbowl sunday had something to do with things being gone. Safeway was a bit more packed than usual for a Sat. night...
    I check Safeway's circular in MidWeek every week. I bet you're right and their sale items, of which there are many every week, are geared to SB Sunday this week. I didn't pay any attention to that. I just bought my contribution to a SB party at Subway and their foot-long deals are still $5.99. Thought I'd read somewhere on HT that the Subways in Hawaii had finally priced the deals the same as on the mainland...$5.00 foot-longs! Oh well...not nearly as traumatic as a $125. car security remote or having my songs account credit at the iTunes Music Store held hostage!

Angry Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

My FRGN pet peeve is that, when someone uses me as their mental punching bag, & I can't even stand up & say something, cuz she has heart conditon, & I am too angry to not be calm to talk to her!!.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Smile Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Quote Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
    My biggest pet peeve are the drivers who KNOW the left or right lane is ending, yet purposely get out from the good lane and into the ending lane so they can cut off everyone else and be first. This is what causes about 90% of the delays on Ft. Weaver Rd. You KNOW the lanes are ending. Just stay where you are, let the people from the freeway merge in, DON'T CUT IN LINE, and the traffic will go so much faster.
    We definitely have a "merge problem" in Hawaii, and everyone has their own solution.

Ideally, vehicles should maximize the space available (use both or all lanes) and take turns merging (politely, with aloha) when it is imperative. Of course, that doesn't always work, and there will always be those who cut in too early (cause they can), after blocking traffic in the merging lane, causing main lane drivers to think they are being cut into, and those who think they have permanent right-of-way and do whatever they can to get in front of everyone else, and those who refuse to let others take their turn at merging!, etc.

No wonder we have so much road-rage incidents.

Frankly, if someone is driving like an a-hole, I'd rather have them in front of me, where I can keep an eye on them. I let 'em in.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

For the past two months, my internet connection (Hawaiian Telcom DSL) keeps going up and down. Every few seconds it will lose connection for a few seconds or a minute... it does this constantly, at any time of the day or night. Really sucks, especially when I'm in the middle of a transaction or playing a video or just anything. My husband is the techie in the family, and I don't want to call Hawaiian Telcom and screw around with anything. It does bother him, but not enough to call.

I have the same problem at my workplace (Roadrunner), but not as often. My IT department won't look into it unless it really interferes with our work.

Anyway, that's my pet peeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharilyn View Post
    For the past two months, my internet connection (Hawaiian Telcom DSL) keeps going up and down. [...](
    I've never had dropped connections with HT DSL until the past month. Now I get 2 or 3 drops per day and have to reconnect each time. Dunno what's going on except I've been in the midst of casting 2 commercials for them!!! Are they trying to tell me something?!

I'm 11000 miles from you guys. Sometimes the connection is a bit slow but I am always remembered.

Speidi - Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt I have no idea who they are, what they do, and why their photos are everywhere.

That's a good one! I'm with you on that!

Default Pet Peeve of the Day - I hate this!

People that suck their teeth, on the bus, right behind your head, like we need to know they won't brush!

Every time I step on my digital scale it registers a different weight. It's a fairly new Weight Watchers digital scale I got from Costco, and it's always been this way. I can step on it ten times in a row, and I get ten different readings... sometimes five to ten pounds difference. I try to stand straight, not move, feet centered, etc., but it doesn't make a difference.

The Honolulu Advertiser has an advertising insert that drives me crazy. It's a 2" skinny strip that falls out. The first thing I do is dump it. I don't even look at it.

I've never had dropped connections with HT DSL until the past month. Now I get 2 or 3 drops per day and have to reconnect each time. Dunno what's going on except I've been in the midst of casting 2 commercials for them!!! Are they trying to tell me something?!
    do you also cast the Oceanic phone commercials? my daughter's friend is in the latest one - they are pretty funny.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    do you also cast the Oceanic phone commercials? my daughter's friend is in the latest one - they are pretty funny.
    Sometimes but not in the recent past. My friend writes those spots and she's a funny person!

is your friend named Margaret?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Sometimes but not in the recent past. My friend writes those spots and she's a funny person!
    It's a great spot for TV but the radio ad just makes me want to turn the station. You can't see the facial expressions or the body language on radio so the spot rubs me the wrong way...grating especially after scolding my kids for making too much noise in the car.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

*delete*

(oh never mind - wasn't much of a pet peeve anyway)
    Last edited by anapuni808; October 7th, 2009 at 05:06 PM.
    Sydney J. Harris

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast