X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    is your friend named Margaret?
    Nope! I shoulda mentioned that some spots are written in-house and some are contracted out. My friend is a freelancer.

Comment

People that don't acknowledge you at all when you hold the door for them, or when you allow them to go before you. Also, people that don't give way when walking opposite ways on a sidewalk. Next time that happens, I'll just continue on a collision course w/ them, and see what happens, I guess.

Usually it doesn't bother me that much, but today all of these happened to me within a couple hours. I called the last lady a *b* at Down to Earth this morning, because she treated my humble politeness and wide smile with a sneering dirty look. Was it soooooo hard for her to at least give me a nod?
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        People that don't acknowledge you at all when you hold the door for them, or when you allow them to go before you. Also, people that don't give way when walking opposite ways on a sidewalk. Next time that happens, I'll just continue on a collision course w/ them, and see what happens, I guess.
        Keep on being the one with good manners, tg. Better that you provide a shining example for someone else, than that you allow yourself to be dragged down. It may not seem like it some days, but civility still lives in many who choose to keep it alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Keep on being the one with good manners, tg. Better that you provide a shining example for someone else, than that you allow yourself to be dragged down. It may not seem like it some days, but civility still lives in many who choose to keep it alive.
          Ohh, but it's so hard sometimes! I was very close to lobbing a Sharpie across the room at these stupid guys that were making fun of me in our training class today. Are we 12?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
            Ohh, but it's so hard sometimes! I was very close to lobbing a Sharpie across the room at these stupid guys that were making fun of me in our training class today. Are we 12?
            And you woulda played right into their game, SG. Sounds like they were trying to antagonize you and had you played their game they woulda won!

It's much easier and less stressful to take the high road. Lowering oneself to another's negative level just takes too much energy, imnsho! Then there's always the karma issue!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              And you woulda played right into their game, SG. Sounds like they were trying to antagonize you and had you played their game they woulda won!
              Aaaah, tis the folly of our youth. Except that we're adults, SG and I, problem is, we're young adults. We want to be the better person and take the high road. Obviously thats the best way to handle anything. But we also still have this tiny voice in the back of our minds that says "Freak out! Why would someone do that?! I'm mad!! Whats going on!? I really wanna whack that jerk!! Could I have a tantrum and get away with it?! Grrrr! Stress out!!!".

I hope I grow out of this phase soon!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

SG.

You have got some wise info above. Please take it.

Comment

My pet peeve for today is the crazy man running around and thru my condo building (the commercial part and outside...not the interior of the condo section) and swinging a knife. The best part of today? He was caught! There were at least 12 HPD vehicles at the scene, cops running everywhere and it took 5 of 'em to bring the guy down. Lots and lots of cops on their hands and knees, in the street, looking under cars for the knife that got tossed! The commotion was certainly worthy of a news crew but I didn't see one. Never a dull moment in the 'hood!

Comment

Aaaah, tis the folly of our youth. Except that we're adults, SG and I, problem is, we're young adults. We want to be the better person and take the high road. Obviously thats the best way to handle anything. But we also still have this tiny voice in the back of our minds that says "Freak out! Why would someone do that?! I'm mad!! Whats going on!? I really wanna whack that jerk!! Could I have a tantrum and get away with it?! Grrrr! Stress out!!!".

I hope I grow out of this phase soon!
                    TG & SG - sorry, but you'll never lose that voice. How you respond to it over the years is a key part of being the person you truly want to be.[/ole fut]

Comment

People that don't acknowledge you at all when you hold the door for them

Usually it doesn't bother me that much, but today all of these happened to me within a couple hours. I called the last lady a *b* at Down to Earth this morning, because she treated my humble politeness and wide smile with a sneering dirty look. Was it soooooo hard for her to at least give me a nod?
                      To me there is a big difference to someone giving a no response to you (which is a neutral thing) to someone giving you a sneering dirty look which is a negative thing.

So is being neutral a bad thing for you?

Comment

People who block supermarket aisles and don't consider others who need to pass. Sometimes there are whole families, sometimes only one person and a cart. And if I say "excuse me", they give me a look and grudgingly move. I don't get it. I'm always mindful of keeping my cart to the side, and aware of others around me so that I'm not in anyone's way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                          People who block supermarket aisles and don't consider others who need to pass. Sometimes there are whole families, sometimes only one person and a cart. And if I say "excuse me", they give me a look and grudgingly move. I don't get it. I'm always mindful of keeping my cart to the side, and aware of others around me so that I'm not in anyone's way.
                          you're not the only one. eric hates that, too. after one polite "excuse me, please," and a two second wait for response/acknowledgment, he'll "allow" our cart to "roll" into the spacehog. he'll then smile innocently and say, "oh! sorry!" some look sheepish, some give him a dirty look, but everyone gets out of the way.

i get irked at people who bring their dogs to the hospital i work at, walk em around campus as if it were a park, and sometimes not even on a leash. and some of the offenders actually argue with our security officers and nursing staff when they're told dogs aren't allowed. they apparently don't realize that (a) there are health and safety reasons why we don't allow pets on property and (b) since it's private property, we have every right to say who or what is allowed on the property.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                            after one polite "excuse me, please," and a two second wait for response/acknowledgment, he'll "allow" our cart to "roll" into the spacehog. he'll then smile innocently and say, "oh! sorry!" some look sheepish, some give him a dirty look, but everyone gets out of the way.
                            I know you have an air-horn, and I know you know how to use it. I sense a fine opportunity to play 'em a snappy li'l number!

Comment

If you have to repeat your request - just tell them to "Move your Cart!". If you have to say it a 3rd time, THEN ram their cart. You know, kind of like baseball: 3 strikes, you're out.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                I know you have an air-horn, and I know you know how to use it. I sense a fine opportunity to play 'em a snappy li'l number!
                                ah, you've given me a reason to share this cute lil video:

pepper white MINI cooper S w/airhorn

no, tis not my car. if i had an airhorn in my MINI, i sure as heck wouldn't roll with just a 9 oz, esp when eric's titan comes loaded with a 15 gal tank & compressor.

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                If you have to repeat your request - just tell them to "Move your Cart!". If you have to say it a 3rd time, THEN ram their cart. You know, kind of like baseball: 3 strikes, you're out.
                                i'd be more likely to take that tact myself. eric, normally fairly direct, finds his passive-aggressive cart-bumping tactic particularly amusing, since in his mind, people who spacehog know they're spacehogging and secretly hope others will just work around their selfishness.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X