Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to best battle the roaches

Originally posted by desperado View Post
    And has anyone used an exterminator they were happy with. Terminix quotes about $135 online which seems steep.
    I don't know much about roaches in Hawaii, but in my experience, a professional is the best surefire way. last time I had such a problem I spent $200 and they squirted a tiny bit of clear goo under my sinks and behind my fridge. I thought, 'well, that couldn't possibly be worth the money'... but then after 2 days I didn't see roaches and its been 2 years and I've never seen another. I'd say it was well worth $200!

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-Of-Breath View Post
      Good luck but like someone said earlier, this is the tropics and roaches happen!
      Very true and I have yet to see them adapt to being whacked by a copy of Ron Crocombe's 'The South Pacific'.

Peter Forster

Comment

My friend in Hawaii puts down oatmeal for the ants and roaches. I don't know about the latter but the ants carry it back to their nests and eat it. They can't digest it and so go to ant heaven.
        Since she started doing this there have been no more ants and a much decreased appearance of roaches.

Comment

I just killed one of those 2" roaches in the bathroom last night. It's the first roach I've seen all year. We occasionally see a roach or two that wander in from the outside, but we're otherwise roach free. We have a contract with Terminix, but we'll have to cancel soon. No money to continue service

Comment

With all the unusual rain we've been having, I've had a a couple of roaches the last few weeks. Through trial and error I've discovered that:

-Weed killer works REALLY well.
            -Store brand kitchen antibacteria cleaner, not so much.
            -Wrap a phonebook in newspaper, drop phonebook on roach from a good height, jump on it for good measure, then scoop up newspaper and toss it.

You know, I'd only had an encounter with one of big ones in Hawaii until the week before we moved (and it was mostly dead). But then I was taking a shower and all of a sudden one launched up from out of the drain and landed on the curtain next to me! It was a small stall shower, so I didn't have anywhere to go. I screamed blue and green and my husband ran in, thinking I'd fallen. While I was gasping out what happened, another one jumped up and joined his buddy! After he pulled off the curtain and threw it out the sliding door in our bedroom, I put a cup over that drain and we didn't use that shower again. Argh!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by 94VTEC13 View Post
              This may sound stupid, this worked great for us back on the mainland. Drill a small hole in the wall between all the studs up by the ceiling (put in small plugs when finished, that can be removed over and over) and shoot the Boric Acid into the walls. They were gone in a few days.
              Only if you have a double-walled house.

Most houses here are single-walled.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Hi guys! It has been a few years since logging in. Well been living on the island now for 5 years and work transferring me back to the mainland NO! Well ur vehicle is infested with roaches and I need to get ride of them.

Can you bomb a car or will it blow up! Need help friends
                Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cnecki View Post
                  Hi guys! It has been a few years since logging in. Well been living on the island now for 5 years and work transferring me back to the mainland NO! Well ur vehicle is infested with roaches and I need to get ride of them.

Can you bomb a car or will it blow up! Need help friends
                  Bomb the car. Then put sticky traps in the trunk and under the seats, for when their eggs hatch.

Don't eat inside your car, that's why they come in the first place.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Just vote'm out of office.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                      Bomb the car. Then put sticky traps in the trunk and under the seats, for when their eggs hatch.

Don't eat inside your car, that's why they come in the first place.
                      Those are very good valid suggestions ,

in my hubby's case, since he is a taxi driver, no matter how many times he tells his varied customers not to eat in is car, they still don't listen & continue to eat in his car. Maybe he should start bombing his own customers before they walk in .
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        Just vote'm out of office.
                        Oh My Gosh.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                        X