Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to best battle the roaches

Default Re: How to best battle the roaches

Thanks for all the tips. We are getting things under control. I think the apartment was empty for a while because they had REALLY moved in. We still see a few now and them but at least not everywhere we turn.

BTW: where can I get dead fast.

And has anyone used an exterminator they were happy with. Terminix quotes about $135 online which seems steep.
    Last edited by desperado; November 7th, 2008 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    And has anyone used an exterminator they were happy with. Terminix quotes about $135 online which seems steep.
    You can call a Terminix® Renewal Inspector direct.
    PK @ (808) 847-2221.

Online: http://www.terminix.com/default.aspx

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Hey,
    This is my very first post here (Mahalo Ryan!) and I promise to write more later but I just wanted to say you might want to try diatomaceous earth . try typing this into google diatomaceous earth +roaches

Good luck but like someone said earlier, this is the tropics and roaches happen!

Angry Re: How to best battle the roaches & ANTS!

DEAD FAST is avaiailable at all Longs Drugs, City Mill and mosy=t hardware stores.
    Looks like a lipstick tupe, but with chalk i side. The chalk is DEADLY to roaches (both kine) and aqll ants, when they walk over it.

GLABER ANTS: It's good to keep them out of the house IF you can find their trails IN! OR: If you find a nest, draw a circle round it. POW, Make die dead.

Small roaches: draw an "X" under all your drawers. I don't know why, but it works.
    This also reduces the B-52's, but dosn't eliminate them.

It stops trails of black ants, but then they send their family for revenge.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Has anyone ever tried those things you plug into your socket that emits a high frequency thing that's suppose to work on rodents and bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    I don't know much about roaches in Hawaii, but in my experience, a professional is the best surefire way. last time I had such a problem I spent $200 and they squirted a tiny bit of clear goo under my sinks and behind my fridge. I thought, 'well, that couldn't possibly be worth the money'... but then after 2 days I didn't see roaches and its been 2 years and I've never seen another. I'd say it was well worth $200!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-Of-Breath View Post
    Good luck but like someone said earlier, this is the tropics and roaches happen!
    Very true and I have yet to see them adapt to being whacked by a copy of Ron Crocombe's 'The South Pacific'.

Peter Forster

My friend in Hawaii puts down oatmeal for the ants and roaches. I don't know about the latter but the ants carry it back to their nests and eat it. They can't digest it and so go to ant heaven.
    Since she started doing this there have been no more ants and a much decreased appearance of roaches.

I just killed one of those 2" roaches in the bathroom last night. It's the first roach I've seen all year. We occasionally see a roach or two that wander in from the outside, but we're otherwise roach free. We have a contract with Terminix, but we'll have to cancel soon. No money to continue service

With all the unusual rain we've been having, I've had a a couple of roaches the last few weeks. Through trial and error I've discovered that:

-Weed killer works REALLY well.
    -Store brand kitchen antibacteria cleaner, not so much.
    -Wrap a phonebook in newspaper, drop phonebook on roach from a good height, jump on it for good measure, then scoop up newspaper and toss it.

You know, I'd only had an encounter with one of big ones in Hawaii until the week before we moved (and it was mostly dead). But then I was taking a shower and all of a sudden one launched up from out of the drain and landed on the curtain next to me! It was a small stall shower, so I didn't have anywhere to go. I screamed blue and green and my husband ran in, thinking I'd fallen. While I was gasping out what happened, another one jumped up and joined his buddy! After he pulled off the curtain and threw it out the sliding door in our bedroom, I put a cup over that drain and we didn't use that shower again. Argh!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Quote Originally Posted by 94VTEC13 View Post
    This may sound stupid, this worked great for us back on the mainland. Drill a small hole in the wall between all the studs up by the ceiling (put in small plugs when finished, that can be removed over and over) and shoot the Boric Acid into the walls. They were gone in a few days.
    Only if you have a double-walled house.

Most houses here are single-walled.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Hi guys! It has been a few years since logging in. Well been living on the island now for 5 years and work transferring me back to the mainland NO! Well ur vehicle is infested with roaches and I need to get ride of them.

Can you bomb a car or will it blow up! Need help friends
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnecki View Post
    Hi guys! It has been a few years since logging in. Well been living on the island now for 5 years and work transferring me back to the mainland NO! Well ur vehicle is infested with roaches and I need to get ride of them.

Can you bomb a car or will it blow up! Need help friends
    Bomb the car. Then put sticky traps in the trunk and under the seats, for when their eggs hatch.

Don't eat inside your car, that's why they come in the first place.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Just vote'm out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Bomb the car. Then put sticky traps in the trunk and under the seats, for when their eggs hatch.

Don't eat inside your car, that's why they come in the first place.
    Those are very good valid suggestions ,

in my hubby's case, since he is a taxi driver, no matter how many times he tells his varied customers not to eat in is car, they still don't listen & continue to eat in his car. Maybe he should start bombing his own customers before they walk in .
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Talking Re: How to best battle the roaches

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Just vote'm out of office.
    Oh My Gosh.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12