Got A Ticket For Littering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got A Ticket For Littering

Apparently I grazed over the one reply with the baseball bat . . .

not so true to the spirit of da Aina is it? baseball bat?

Stephen

Comment

Thanks everyone for your stories and advice. Especially you, Matapule. That was some wise and kind advice.

I'm just very worried because I've seen those highway signs that say "$350 fine for littering". $350 is my next semester's tuition! I don't think its fair. But I will look into community service and find out if that's applicable. I have the same problem as before though - there's not a lot of info available online about traffic tickets.
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Re: Of course...

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        Its my 4th ticket since I moved here.
        You gotta turn down the cuteness factor, TG, so the cops stop checking you out and catching you being naughty.

By chance, are you blasting Sublime's "April 29, 1992 (Miami)" when drive by cops?

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        A trick if you don't have the bottle is to roll the butt in between your middle finger and thumb at the end of the filter (near the tobacco) with your hand out the window - the cherry will fall off and you'll just have dispose of the butt and no worries car fire.
        Stephen
        That's a good one, Stephen. I might just take up smoking, so I can use it!

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        Explain to the judge that you are a student with limited financial resources and that a fine would be a hardship. Tell him you are willing and happy to do community service to make amends.
        I like that advice, Matapule.

you're lucky he didn't call the police.
        I wonder if they give out tickets for terroristic threatening.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Whoa. Perhaps you have a lot of time on your hands to threaten violence towards people, but I don't think that that was a very cool thing to do, and you're lucky he didn't call the police.
          SP is having a good time with everyone! Perhaps you aren't familiar with the language of an "alternate lifestyle!" "Baseball bat" is a euphemism for a........uhhhh......his.........do I have to draw you a picture? If SP walked up to me holding his "baseball bat" in his right hand, especially in the shower, I'd run yelling and screaming too!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

That is good advice to request community service shows character. I can
            imagine the judge though thinking "financial hardship" yet has the money
            for cigarettes which are not cheap anymore.

Comment

Cavity search? Baseball bat?

Had to look up both prolitariat and TG cigarettes...
              No problem with the first, but, what are TG's? Nothing came up on google to identify that, but your post did(!). I havn't smoked (cigarettes) since high school.

Speaking of boogers...
              Here's a tip for the next time you feel a cop is gonna write you up:
              Make sure he see's you give a full two knuckle multi second plunge up your nose with a finger of your choice, and don't let him see you wipe it off. No cop will want to handle your license after that.
              Trust me, it works.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

"Baseball bat" is a euphemism for a........
                Ahhh so. Could still be one lethal weapon, depending on how big da buggah stay. Single shot, or full auto. Rat-ta-tat-tat.
                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                "
                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

SP is having a good time with everyone! Perhaps you aren't familiar with the language of an "alternate lifestyle!" "Baseball bat" is a euphemism for a........uhhhh......his.........do I have to draw you a picture? If SP walked up to me holding his "baseball bat" in his right hand, especially in the shower, I'd run yelling and screaming too!
                  lol <g> thanks matapule - now you are typing my language!!!!

aaawww turtle girl!!!! that was a....nice thing to do....what isn't nice is throwing out a cigarette butt while you are in the car...that cigarette butt landing on our car....now that's not nice....i did him a favor by politely telling him to place that butt in his trash and not on our car ...maybe he'll think twice this time around before throwing cig butts out of his car while driving!!! that is just not a pono thing to do

it wasn't in a threatning manner politely told him to place it in his own trash..the bat was self defense if he came at me....it was better me than my vicious waianae cousin in the car

although i was hoping we would exchange phone numbers...but he hissed instead

period?....please kokua....period!

mahalo turtlegirl and i hope it works out in your favor in the end....have a pleasant tomorrow

i'm a friendly fag not a fighter!!!!
                  Last edited by Seeking Penance; October 30, 2008, 12:55 PM. Reason: corrections
                  stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                    Ahhh so. Could still be one lethal weapon, depending on how big da buggah stay. Single shot, or full auto. Rat-ta-tat-tat.
                    ya'll just nasty

*laughs*
                    stay forever young

Comment

I'm just glad HPD is this vigilant regarding litter. I've never even heard of anyone getting a littering ticket elsewhere.

Comment

I will never understand the lure of smoking cigarettes.

Most girls who smoke will never understand how unattractive they smell.

Most smokers do not think twice about tossing their butts, on the street, on the beach in the sand, out the window, no matter.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Most smokers probably think that it's just a single little cigarette butt.

However, look at the median at the intersection of Dillingham and Waikamilo and you'll see a "drift" made up of cigarette butts. These things add up quickly.

It used to be said in the '60s: Every litter bit hurts.

We all need to pick up after ourselves.

Comment

This is a great thread. I feel bad for turtlegirl for being caught, but like others I'm actually thrilled to read that someone has actually been ticketed for tossing a cigarette butt, let alone littering. That turtlegirl skips straight over resentment or indignation to trying to mitigate the punishment is also refreshing.

Good luck, turtlegirl. Community service, fine, either will hurt... but will hopefully fulfill their purpose in preventing a repeat performance.

Comment

Hey TG, get yourself some rubber gloves and rake, and then head out to the beach and collect two or three gallon containers of nasty cigarette butts. Take those to the court with you and show the judge that you've learned the error of your ways and have tried to make up for having littered butts by picking up a bunch of them at the beach.
                              Just like "a picture is worth a thousand words", a gallon of cigarette butts will hopefully cancel the fine.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                                Hey TG, get yourself some rubber gloves and rake, and then head out to the beach and collect two or three gallon containers of nasty cigarette butts. Take those to the court with you and show the judge that you've learned the error of your ways and have tried to make up for having littered butts by picking up a bunch of them at the beach.
                                Just like "a picture is worth a thousand words", a gallon of cigarette butts will hopefully cancel the fine.
                                Defense Exhibit A!

Comment

Working...
                                X