Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got A Ticket For Littering

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Hey TG, get yourself some rubber gloves and rake, and then head out to the beach and collect two or three gallon containers of nasty cigarette butts. Take those to the court with you and show the judge that you've learned the error of your ways and have tried to make up for having littered butts by picking up a bunch of them at the beach.
    Just like "a picture is worth a thousand words", a gallon of cigarette butts will hopefully cancel the fine.
    I like your idea! I wonder if they'd let me thru security with a leaf bag full of trash?

Anyway, this is something I do often, rake up trash. I am not flauting the laws here in Hawaii!! Search my previous posts, I know I made mention of it a couple times. Maybe it could cancel out the fine, but the part that actually makes a difference is that I do cleanups all the time. Anytime there's a beach cleanup here around Kailua, I'm there - walking at the crack of dawn for the simple reason that somebody has to clean things up - with my hand rake and a leaf bag ,checking out the sunrise, being peaceful, its good for me and my environment, the benefits to my health and surroundings are a great motivator, and if people want to organize and do it, I want to hang out with them. And I'm no slouch at picking up trash anywhere, anytime. I couldn't even begin to tell y'all how many plastic cups I picked up from all over Chinatown on Halloween night!

Since I got my ticket I'm even more motivated to clean up those 'seas of cigarette butts' that we see on medians and near storm drains!! I sincerely notice them now more than ever, and it always makes me sad, and I think..."just 2 minutes with a broom and a dustpan...".

Seriously, Amati, it would only take me an hour to clean out enough 'cig patches' to fill five leaf bags, if I used a rake and shovel and hit all the places that we see garbage, here on the Windward side. Its all so unfortunate.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I may have saved the life of a man who was obviously ODing on Halloween. I am such an awful, littering citizen, that I took a man's life very seriously Friday night, and took care of him while my boyfriend got him medical attention. Where were his friends? I'm so glad we were there, as everyone else in the area just crossed the road to get around him. Whoever that man was, I hope he's okay today.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I may have saved the life of a man who was obviously ODing on Halloween.
        High-5 to you, TG.
        I am such an awful, littering citizen, that I took a man's life very seriously Friday night,
        Ummm...the 'littering' citizen and the lifesaving citizen really aren't connected. The latter, albeit very kind, probably doesn't offset the former and I'd guess a judge might see it that way, too. Still, it probably won't hurt to mention it! Personally, I hope you helped the man out of unconditional concern rather than the hope of scoring a few points in the eyes of your 'littering' judge.
        and took care of him while my boyfriend got him medical attention. Where were his friends? I'm so glad we were there, as everyone else in the area just crossed the road to get around him. Whoever that man was, I hope he's okay today.
        I take it the man didn't appear to be homeless. He may have strayed off from his friends to get a fix of whatever he ODed on. "Everyone else" probably falls under the guise of not wanting to get involved. Thanks you for not being part of that group, TG.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          High-5 to you, TG.

Ummm...the 'littering' citizen and the lifesaving citizen really aren't connected. The latter, albeit very kind, probably doesn't offset the former and I'd guess a judge might see it that way, too. Still, it probably won't hurt to mention it! Personally, I hope you helped the man out of unconditional concern rather than the hope of scoring a few points in the eyes of your 'littering' judge.

I take it the man didn't appear to be homeless. He may have strayed off from his friends to get a fix of whatever he ODed on. "Everyone else" probably falls under the guise of not wanting to get involved. Thanks you for not being part of that group, TG.
          Ack!! I am not a drug user or abuser!! Littering citizen vs. caring citizen matters not so much (unless you're my court appointed judge!)...apparently I can be both and still be a good person, regardless of what any appointed official judges feel is right! He may have been homeless, he may have been a strayer.. I did not care. To be interested in the welfare of anybody to score some points with somebody who is elected to judge us.. why that thought never, ever crossed my mind!! The two are not connected whatsoever!!

I would never bother bringing this up to a trial judge, same as I would not usually bring this up here on HT. This is what people usually do, Right? At least that is how I was raised. I was raised by the nuns to help anybody and everybody, regardles of their immediate situation, as all souls are valuable always to god, especially on All Souls Day. It was just brought to my attention recently that nobody here on HT hears about any of the good things I do for anyone and I thought to post about some boring, innocuous thing I did that didn't result in bad publicity or a ticket for myself!! I meant for this not to be a big deal, only that I post more about the non-crappy things that happen in my life!
          Last edited by turtlegirl; November 2, 2008, 04:31 PM. Reason: grammatical errors - sorry

Comment

[...]why that thought never, ever crossed my mind!! The two are not connected whatsoever!![...]
            Atta girl!

Comment

Whoa...settle down or you'll have to adopt a new nick name...Froggy Girl

Ack!! I am not a drug user or abuser!!
              Where'd that come from???

Littering citizen vs. caring citizen matters not so much (unless you're my court appointed judge!)...apparently I can be both and still be a good person, regardless of what any appointed official judges! He may have been homeless, he may have been a strayer.. I did not care. To be interested in the welfare of anybody to score some points with somebody who is elected to judge us.. why that thought never, ever crossed my mind!! The two are not connected whatsoever!!
              They aren't connected, but the littering thing seems to be weighing on you mightily.

I would never bother bringing this up to a trial judge, same as I would not usually bring this up here on HT. This is what people usually do, Right? At least that is how I was raised. It was just brought to my attention recently that nobody here on HT hears about any of the good things I do for anyone and I thought to post about some boring, innocuous thing I did that didn't result in bad publicity or ticket for myself!!
              From what I've seen of your postings you're a good person with your good days and bad days. Pretty balanced overall.

But for some reason you felt the need to tell about this particular incident.

The first I don't really count as that was a newbie type thing since some places do allow alcohol on beaches.

This time however is different. You know this place and it's denizens, you also must have figured out that you won't catch any slack unless it's deserved...and even then it's given with the scoldings that are warranted, just toned down.

You could have not posted about it and no one would have been the wiser....like the other ticket or two between the first and this one. Instead you post about it, knowing what you know about the way this cyber family works.

Hanging out with the guy who was sliding into nowhere was cool, but the littering is still bugging on your mind alot ennit? Makin ya froggy and jumpy.

Comment

Well, who cares if I post about it. Who amongst you would cast me into jail based upon a jury of my neverlitteredevernotoncenevereverinallmylifeevenac cidentallynotcountingthatonetimewhenIsteppedoveran ewspaperthatshouldhavebeeninthetrashbutIneglectedt opickitupandputitwhereitshouldbe peers!?
                Cast the first stone, if you will?! Because most here have seen a paper plate get loose from their Tutue and have not bothered to go into the river, creek, or ocean to retrieve it. Or one single napkin!? Or a gum wrapper. Or waxed sandwich wrapper?. By the grace of god go all y'all. Its okay! We are not all saints here. Even though it is All Saints Day, that we as humans are not all saints is okay!!!

Jeez! 12 years of catholic school never taught me how intolerant the world can be!!!!!!!!

Comment

By all means, enjoy posting.

*gives a flouncy curtsy and bows out the thread*

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post

From what I've seen of your postings you're a good person with your good days and bad days. Pretty balanced overall.

But for some reason you felt the need to tell about this particular incident.

The first I don't really count as that was a newbie type thing since some places do allow alcohol on beaches.

This time however is different. You know this place and it's denizens, you also must have figured out that you won't catch any slack unless it's deserved...and even then it's given with the scoldings that are warranted, just toned down.

You could have not posted about it and no one would have been the wiser....like the other ticket or two between the first and this one. Instead you post about it, knowing what you know about the way this cyber fmily works.

Hanging out with the guy who was sliding into nowhere was cool, but the littering is still bugging on your mind alot ennit? Makin ya froggy and jumpy.
                    What guy was I hanging out with who was sliding into nowhere? Cuz I won't hang out with him anymore, now that you brought this to my attention! And yeah, the littering bothers me because its not my normal everyday behavior. So, I am a good person with good days and bad days. I guess the biggest mistake that I have made was to post about my bad days. Enough, I will only post good things now,.

And, NO, I don't know this place. It took me a year and a half to get used to the way things are in Los Angeles. I expect nothing less from Hawaii. So what. Sorry! Check with me again in a year - I bet my story will be way different! No big deal at all, same as anyone. But I assure you, I am NOT hanging out with "denizens", I am a newbie, and "newbie type things happen to me all the time!" and only one person has explained their version of the "lay of the land" to me!! I don't know everything. So screw me, I guess?!! I'm trying as hard as I can!!

Good god! I have more to say, which is probably best saved for some future post!!

In good health and grammar...
                    Last edited by turtlegirl; November 2, 2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I enjoy your posts and you seem like such a nice, vibrant and lovely
                      caring individual. I just think if you'd QUIT SMOKING you'd stay that
                      way for more years to come, I worry about your health in the long run.
                      Just my 2 cents as Tutusue would say - I hope it's o.k. to refer to you
                      sue!

Comment

I don't know this place. Give me a little time, I'll learn by experience, and its okay with me. Better than how my BF handles it. He has met exactly 1 person that we never knew since we got here. Ugh.! I'll stick my neck out to test the waters for the both of us. I know not of this slack of which you speak. Deserved? Likely. I should probably get lickins' every time I leave the house, save for my landlady is OLD and can't be bothered with that stuff every day. I sorta apologize. I am young and dumb and new to town. Fine.

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post

You could have not posted about it and no one would have been the wiser....like the other ticket or two between the first and this one. Instead you post about it, knowing what you know about the way this cyber family works.

Comment

What guy was I hanging out with who was sliding into nowhere? Cuz I won't hang out with him anymore, now that you brought this to my attention![...]
                          Whoooooooa, TG...Peshkwe was referring to the man who ODed...the one you helped. She even mentioned it "was cool" what you did.
                          Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                          [...]
                          Just my 2 cents as Tutusue would say - I hope it's o.k. to refer to you sue!
                          No problem!

TG...for some reason you've taken the replies from others in a direction the others didn't go. Why, I don't know. You're a popular resident of HT. You willingly posted about your litter ticket and you received replies. The majority of replies indicated you should pay some penance and I think I can safely say that all those who replied still like you. You then mentioned that you came to the aide of a man in medical distress in the same sentence that you mentioned you're an "awful, littering citizen", but you worded it in a way that was easy to misunderstand. You connected the 2 events in the same sentence. Now, you've taken this subject in a direction that I never intended and I think I can safely say that Peshkwe never intended. I sincerely hope that tomorrow is a better day for you. We all have 'off' days. I certainly do. You're entitled to yours!

Comment

Mybe you're right, Tutue, have company over at the moment, who were reading to me from my laptop,and you're right, zi'm easily misunderstood...soo sorry for right now!

Comment

What was the name of the politician who had printed of his/her name with litter pickers on trash bags at the side of the roads? The name just happen to be facing out on the trash bags, so people driving by can see who did this community service.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                TG...for some reason you've taken the replies from others in a direction the others didn't go. Why, I don't know.
                                Yeah, I kinda got off track there, huh. So, now for the explainations and clarifications.

I was super busy and distracted yesterday evening while posting. I was making banana nut muffins, had a friend over, had a screaming headache, the tv was on, I was crushing nuts...seriously, no pun intended, I couldn't find crushed nuts for my muffins at the grocery store, so I had to smash 'em myself. Anyway, my laptop was in the kitchen with me so that I could refer to my recipe, and my friend was hanging out and reading to me from HT. She thought it was funny to embellish some of the things she read. So while I stand by everything I said, I did react the wrong way.

I posted about my ticket here because, had this happened to me in LA, I would have called at least 10 friends and vented about it, and they would have said things like "You!? Littering?! Yeah, right. Hahaha!!". I was once teased like crazy because I picked up trash and stuffed it in the sleeve of my wetsuit while scuba diving off Catalina Island with some friends and coworkers! Well, I don't know nearly as many people here, and HT has been a good resource for me to vent and get feedback.

I brought up helping a stranger because I feel like nobody ever hears about the nice caring things that I do all the time. Actually, there were two people that I came across over Halloween night that needed medical attention, and one poor girl who was being harassed, and tho I wanted to share that, I also did not want to give the impression that I was hanging out with crazies on drugs, and I didn't realize that anybody would connect the two incidents as though I was seeking 'street penance'. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm not some litterbug stink breath evil smoker, and I felt as though that was how I was being portrayed here, thanks to my friend the embellisher. Now that I read the whole thread, I can see that most of the criticisms that I recieved really were constructive, and I thank all y'all for that.

As a sidenote that's completely off topic, I am very new to Hawaii, and so is my BF, but he rarely talks to or hangs out with anybody anymore, and that has me worried. We used to have one rockstar social life, but now we don't, and I don't know if my sweetie is handling it well. I know boys are different, and Hawaii is different, but still, I worry.

Oh, and I want to correct myself - all saints day was saturday, not yesterday.

In summary - oops.
                                Last edited by helen; November 3, 2008, 08:01 AM. Reason: fixing quote tag

Comment

Working...
                                X