Bicycle Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicycle Obama

I am an avid bicyclist and have been for years. I have both a road bike and a mountain bike. Both are made from space age materials and cost more than cars that some people drive. When it comes to bicycles, I am an elitist, effete snob! I admit it.

I ran across this picture of Obama today

I would like to make the following observations and suggestions to President elect Obama.

Your helmet is properly sized and you are wearing it in the correct manner.
    You are riding a TREK brand bicycle that is made from components produced primarily in Japan and China.
    This particular model of TREK is a low end model costing around $300 to $400.
    You are riding what is called a hybrid style bicycle which is fine for recreational bicycling but not considered a desireable model for avid cyclists.
    Your bicycle seat needs to be raised about 2" in ordered to achieve the most efficent power usage from you legs.
    You would benefit from a different set of handlebars. Your body position is too upright, resulting in fatigue and inefficient use of muscles.
    PUT SOME AIR IN THAT REAR TIRE!
    Get some pedals with clip-ins or at the minimum pedals with a toe cage. You are using "gurly-man" pedals.
    You are in a gear that is way too low. Gear up and get flying and get that heart rate up! What you are doing first dude isn't exercise, this is loafing!
    The white bar coming out the back of the bicycle is probably connected to a 2 wheel child carrier, which is fine, but get those girls on their own bicycles, ASAP!
    Finally, anyone who rides a bicycle is way KOOL, no matter how dorky you look. Props to you Mr. President Elect. When would you like to do a Century with me? I'll put you on a lean, mean racing machine and in some lycra shorts and we'll have some serious fun!
    Last edited by matapule; November 11, 2008, 11:34 AM.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Bicycle Obama

Ummm...maybe Obama uses the bike just for the purpose of getting from point A to point B? I know a coupla people who bike for that purpose only; not for exercise. I bet Obama prefers the basketball court to a bicycle.

Comment

The white bar coming out the back of the bicycle is probably connected to a 2 wheel child carrier, which is fine, but get those girls on their own bicycles, ASAP!
      how old is that pic? I can't imagine that he'd be pulling around his 10 and 7 year old daughters ... ?
      I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

While we're at it...could I please tell Mr. Obama that I think he should be very careful going up and down airplane steps while keeping his hands in his pockets. Better to leave hands free to grab the bannisters if needed.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
          how old is that pic? I can't imagine that he'd be pulling around his 10 and 7 year old daughters ... ?
          I would guess that the picture is probably at least 5 years old.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

When reading through the list, I was thinking that "yeah maybe obama needs to listen to matapule". But the last line killed it. Lycra shorts?

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            I am an avid bicyclist and have been for years. I have both a road bike and a mountain bike. Both are made from space age materials and cost more than cars that some people drive. When it comes to bicycles, I am an elitist, effete snob! I admit it.

I ran across this picture of Obama today

I would like to make the following observations and suggestions to President elect Obama.

Your helmet is properly sized and you are wearing it in the correct manner.
            You are riding a TREK brand bicycle that is made from components produced primarily in Japan and China.
            This particular model of TREK is a low end model costing around $300 to $400.
            You are riding what is called a hybrid style bicycle which is fine for recreational bicycling but not considered a desireable model for avid cyclists.
            Your bicycle seat needs to be raised about 2" in ordered to achieve the most efficent power usage from you legs.
            You would benefit from a different set of handlebars. Your body position is too upright, resulting in fatigue and inefficient use of muscles.
            PUT SOME AIR IN THAT REAR TIRE!
            Get some pedals with clip-ins or at the minimum pedals with a toe cage. You are using "gurly-man" pedals.
            You are in a gear that is way too low. Gear up and get flying and get that heart rate up! What you are doing first dude isn't exercise, this is loafing!
            Finally, anyone who rides a bicycle is way KOOL, no matter how dorky you look. Props to you Mr. President Elect. When would you like to do a Century with me? I'll put you on a lean, mean racing machine and in some lycra shorts and we'll have some serious fun!

Comment

Originally posted by i-hungry View Post
              When reading through the list, I was thinking that "yeah maybe obama needs to listen to matapule". But the last line killed it. Lycra shorts?
              That was just matapule's feminine side coming out.

Comment

Yeah...c'mon Mr. President get yourself on a Independent Fabrications frame with some SRAM components and for modesty some Swobo riding gear.

Uh-oh...just outed myself as one of those effete bike snobs...

Comment

When I saw this thread title, I was sure it was going to be about "Barack Obama Is Your New Bicycle."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    When I saw this thread title, I was sure it was going to be about "Barack Obama Is Your New Bicycle."
                    Yeah, I still don’t understand what the point of that website is, except to gauge how many people would be mindless enough to buy a book of the same name by the website’s creator. The idea being floated that the site is a “novel concept” that has spawned “numerous others” is also misinformed. I have had a far more advanced “pointless clicking exercise” posted on my website since before Obama was even elected to the U.S. Senate.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                    X