Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

in the past few months, I no longer see it, nor see its label posted on the shelf at the Hawaii Kai, or Kam Shopping Ctr stores...

One stock boy was going to check in the back but found none...

Has Longs stopped selling it? Even went to Don Quiote today to see by chance if they carried it...no such luck...

It's just that I've used it for over 45 years, as my parents used that brand also...

Re: No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

Maybe try calling Walgreens, Walmart and KMart? Can save a little gas that way!

Comment

Call different Long's.

If you have a UPC code that will help them look it up. Also look on the bar of soap and see who makes it.

Try contacting them and seeing if you can order it direct or they can tell you where on island you can buy it.

HTH

Comment

Ah yes, Camay, a moisturizing bar soap enriched with perfumes of French inspiration that leaves your skin feeling fresh, soft and sensual.

P&G Toll-free number is:
        (800) 682-2629

www.pg.com (Proctor and Gamble)
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Camay can be ordered from amazon.com but it doesn't qualify for free shipping over $25.

Comment

Proter & Gambel makes the soap and you can probably contact them to see where the soap is sold.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

When you do find it, it doesn't hurt to stock up. Soap that has been stored for a time tends to get harder and lasts longer. Plus, if you store it in with your clothing (underwear), everything smells nice.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, Corporate Longs Drugs in Cali wrote back to say that they don't have any idea if Camay is still being manufactured or not (what a lame response!). They ask me to check the manufacturer's website...

still doesn't answer why Longs has dropped it...can't understand why as it always appear to me to be almost gone out of stock...!

Comment

3, 4.0 oz bars for $3.29 at Drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...61&catid=64336

Free shipping over $25 and I find that Drugstore.com has soooo many things that are difficult to find elsewhere. It has nearly a five star review. Seems that other people love it as much as you do.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                    Well, Corporate Longs Drugs in Cali wrote back to say that they don't have any idea if Camay is still being manufactured or not (what a lame response!). They ask me to check the manufacturer's website...

still doesn't answer why Longs has dropped it...can't understand why as it always appear to me to be almost gone out of stock...!
                    if you are still interested in purchasing the soap from long's, you would need to speak to the clerk and/or manager of that department. and, not all long's are created equal. a product could cost more or less depending on the store. or, one store might carry the product and the next one doesn't.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

This morning I went to Longs McCully to buy Boston lens cleaner. I went there about three weeks ago to buy it, but they were out of it. So this morning, I went again, but they were still out or stock. I was about to leave empty-handed when I remembered this thread, so I went to see if Camay soap was available. There were two signs designating two rows for Camay (3.19 each), but alas, both were empty! It might be that Longs is just out of stock of some items, and have been for a long time.

It’s funny how we develop fierce loyalty to particular consumer brand names. I refuse to buy any other brand of lens cleaner other than Boston. As far as soap goes, for years I tried various brands (including Camay) before I came upon Lever. Now, I refuse to buy any other brand. There probably are other brands that may be just as good or better. But ... I ... don’t ... want ... to ... change!

Other brands that I am fiercely loyal to: shaving cream, Babasol; toothpaste, Colgate; dishwashing liquid, Joy. When I’m running low and I can’t find it, I go into a mini-panic. I’ll make special trips to different stores just to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                        Ah yes, Camay, a moisturizing bar soap enriched with perfumes of French inspiration that leaves your skin feeling fresh, soft and sensual.
                        LOL - thank you amati!!!
                        stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
                          [...]
                          Free shipping over $25 and I find that Drugstore.com has soooo many things that are difficult to find elsewhere. It has nearly a five star review. Seems that other people love it as much as you do.
                          Just an FYI; from drugstore.com's web site...free shipping is good for:
                          First non-prescription order only. Offer expires Sunday, January 31, 2010
                          Shipping surcharge applies to AK, HI, U.S. Territories and APO/FPO
                          Unfortunately free shipping doesn't apply to Hawaii. I use to order from drugstore.com 'til I got a notice from them earlier this year (iirc) that they restructured shipping rates to Hawaii. Those rates are now way more than they were before.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post

double triple lutz drama queen? honestly hawaiiguy!!! i should be the drama queen - i'm the fag around these neck of the woods

can you make do with another soap hawaiiguy? i mean seriously!!! is it that serious......serious is mcpalin not winning the election....but i digress!!! don't want matapule and tutusue in on this one especially that of amati
                            stay forever young

Comment

could the "out of stock" items be just that because of cvs's take over?

calgon take me away. oops, wrong soap.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              reflect, repent and reboot.
                              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
                              X