Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

gee...everyone has their favorites...I was raised on Colgate toothpaste...my wife, on Crest...lol!

we have two separate toothpaste tubes in our drawers!

And to that other guy, yes I use Boston contact lens cleaner and solution ALL the time...especially since Costco sells it cheaper.

Comment

seriously, talk to the department clerk and/or manager. they are the ones who do the ordering.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

This is somewhat on topic because it involves soap...but not Camay specifically!

Anyway, I read somewhere...or heard somewhere...that bar type soaps are responsible for that icky layer of dried on soap scum that builds up on tub and shower walls; that liquid soaps don't do that. Makes sense as liquid soaps are, well, liquid!

I switched to liquid soaps entirely. Sure 'nuff...no soap scum, ever. Tub and/or shower cleaning is a breeze now.

My liquid (soft) soap choices:
        face - Cetaphil
        body - anything on sale or whatever shampoo I'm using

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          face - Cetaphil
          You use shampoo for your body?

Comment

Just an FYI; from drugstore.com's web site...free shipping is good for:

Unfortunately free shipping doesn't apply to Hawaii. I use to order from drugstore.com 'til I got a notice from them earlier this year (iirc) that they restructured shipping rates to Hawaii. Those rates are now way more than they were before.
            Good to know! You guys don't even get the free shipping on $49? How bad are the rates for Hawai'i? I LOVE Drugstore.com as I find some of my most beloved and extremely difficult to find products there.
            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
              Works great for shaving cream as well if you are out!
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Sure! Why not? When I rinse it out of my hair it runs down my body anyway. (ok you guys, stop thinking all those lustful thoughts! On 2nd thought, go ahead and think 'em!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
                  Good to know! You guys don't even get the free shipping on $49? How bad are the rates for Hawai'i?[...]
                  A $3.29, 3 pack of Camay costs $9.99 to ship, standard rate. However, when I entered enough to push the order over $49., the web site shows free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
                    Works great for shaving cream as well if you are out!
                    As long as there's no razors around.

Comment

Are they still making the product, Gee, Your Hairs Smell Terrific?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        Are they still making the product, Gee, Your Hairs Smell Terrific?
                        would that be pert plus?
                        stay forever young

Comment

I used to use this eons ago while in school. Haven't seen it in a long time! And it did make my hair smell terrific!

Comment

Anyway, I read somewhere...or heard somewhere...that bar type soaps are responsible for that icky layer of dried on soap scum that builds up on tub and shower walls; that liquid soaps don't do that. Makes sense as liquid soaps are, well, liquid!
                            i find this interesting.....this is explains it all

shampoo I'm using
                            shampoo?

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                            gee...everyone has their favorites....
                            gee?

we have two separate toothpaste tubes in our drawers!
                            hawaii's very own male version of martha stewart
                            stay forever young

Comment

This is somewhat on topic because it involves soap...but not Camay specifically!

I switched to liquid soaps entirely. Sure 'nuff...no soap scum, ever. Tub and/or shower cleaning is a breeze now.

face - Cetaphil
                              Hey Sis, me too. I use shampoo or liquid soap. Must be genetic

Seriously though, that same soap scum that builds up on the tub also stays on the body. I haven't used bar soap in years.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond3121 View Post
                                Call different Long's.
                                Good advice. Every Longs store decides for itself what it's going to carry.

Well, Corporate Longs Drugs in Cali wrote back to say that they don't have any idea if Camay is still being manufactured or not (what a lame response!).
                                This makes sense to me. Since each store's management decides what it's going to stock, corporate wouldn't know a thing about this. To call it a lame response is unfair.

Other brands that I am fiercely loyal to: shaving cream, Barbasol
                                Honoruru, I hate to break this to you, but somebody has to: Barbasol sucks. It exists for one reason: high-school camps and sleepovers. Stop shaving with that stuff, please! Have you even tried any of the products that actually try to lessen shaving's impact on your poor face?

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                                can you make do with another soap hawaiiguy? i mean seriously! is it that serious?
                                How serious does a topic have to be on HT? Hawaiiguy didn't say this had global implications; he only expressed dismay over the apparent disappearance of a favorite brand. The helpful suggestions that followed indicate that others thought it was a worthwhile topic. If you disagree, just skip this thread and move on to the next.

body - anything on sale, or whatever shampoo I'm using
                                This isn't at all puzzling. I've spent some time reading websites devoted to soapmaking, and the more I read, the more convinced I am that there is no essential difference between shampoo and bar soap. I stick to my favorite Irish Spring for most of my body only because I have really long hair and the shampoo I prefer is rather expensive, but I do wash my face and the rest of my head with the shampoo I'm lathering into my hair. We have a shower at work, and for those times when I need to avail myself of that facility, I just keep a bottle of shampoo in my desk drawer. It does the job for all my two thousand parts.

Hawaiiguy, let us know if you find what you're looking for; else I'll keep an eye out on your behalf!
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X