Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

Default No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

in the past few months, I no longer see it, nor see its label posted on the shelf at the Hawaii Kai, or Kam Shopping Ctr stores...

One stock boy was going to check in the back but found none...

Has Longs stopped selling it? Even went to Don Quiote today to see by chance if they carried it...no such luck...

It's just that I've used it for over 45 years, as my parents used that brand also...

Default Re: No longer can find Camay soap bars at Longs!

Maybe try calling Walgreens, Walmart and KMart? Can save a little gas that way!

Call different Long's.

If you have a UPC code that will help them look it up. Also look on the bar of soap and see who makes it.

Try contacting them and seeing if you can order it direct or they can tell you where on island you can buy it.

HTH

Ah yes, Camay, a moisturizing bar soap enriched with perfumes of French inspiration that leaves your skin feeling fresh, soft and sensual.

P&G Toll-free number is:
    (800) 682-2629

www.pg.com (Proctor and Gamble)
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

Camay can be ordered from amazon.com but it doesn't qualify for free shipping over $25.

Proter & Gambel makes the soap and you can probably contact them to see where the soap is sold.

When you do find it, it doesn't hurt to stock up. Soap that has been stored for a time tends to get harder and lasts longer. Plus, if you store it in with your clothing (underwear), everything smells nice.

Well, Corporate Longs Drugs in Cali wrote back to say that they don't have any idea if Camay is still being manufactured or not (what a lame response!). They ask me to check the manufacturer's website...

still doesn't answer why Longs has dropped it...can't understand why as it always appear to me to be almost gone out of stock...!

3, 4.0 oz bars for $3.29 at Drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...61&catid=64336

Free shipping over $25 and I find that Drugstore.com has soooo many things that are difficult to find elsewhere. It has nearly a five star review. Seems that other people love it as much as you do.
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiguy View Post
    Well, Corporate Longs Drugs in Cali wrote back to say that they don't have any idea if Camay is still being manufactured or not (what a lame response!). They ask me to check the manufacturer's website...

still doesn't answer why Longs has dropped it...can't understand why as it always appear to me to be almost gone out of stock...!
    if you are still interested in purchasing the soap from long's, you would need to speak to the clerk and/or manager of that department. and, not all long's are created equal. a product could cost more or less depending on the store. or, one store might carry the product and the next one doesn't.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

This morning I went to Longs McCully to buy Boston lens cleaner. I went there about three weeks ago to buy it, but they were out of it. So this morning, I went again, but they were still out or stock. I was about to leave empty-handed when I remembered this thread, so I went to see if Camay soap was available. There were two signs designating two rows for Camay (3.19 each), but alas, both were empty! It might be that Longs is just out of stock of some items, and have been for a long time.

Itís funny how we develop fierce loyalty to particular consumer brand names. I refuse to buy any other brand of lens cleaner other than Boston. As far as soap goes, for years I tried various brands (including Camay) before I came upon Lever. Now, I refuse to buy any other brand. There probably are other brands that may be just as good or better. But ... I ... donít ... want ... to ... change!

Other brands that I am fiercely loyal to: shaving cream, Babasol; toothpaste, Colgate; dishwashing liquid, Joy. When Iím running low and I canít find it, I go into a mini-panic. Iíll make special trips to different stores just to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    Ah yes, Camay, a moisturizing bar soap enriched with perfumes of French inspiration that leaves your skin feeling fresh, soft and sensual.
    LOL - thank you amati!!!
    stay forever young

Quote Originally Posted by Lei K View Post
    [...]
    Free shipping over $25 and I find that Drugstore.com has soooo many things that are difficult to find elsewhere. It has nearly a five star review. Seems that other people love it as much as you do.
    Just an FYI; from drugstore.com's web site...free shipping is good for:
    First non-prescription order only. Offer expires Sunday, January 31, 2010
    Shipping surcharge applies to AK, HI, U.S. Territories and APO/FPO
    Unfortunately free shipping doesn't apply to Hawaii. I use to order from drugstore.com 'til I got a notice from them earlier this year (iirc) that they restructured shipping rates to Hawaii. Those rates are now way more than they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiguy View Post

double triple lutz drama queen? honestly hawaiiguy!!! i should be the drama queen - i'm the fag around these neck of the woods

can you make do with another soap hawaiiguy? i mean seriously!!! is it that serious......serious is mcpalin not winning the election....but i digress!!! don't want matapule and tutusue in on this one especially that of amati
    stay forever young

could the "out of stock" items be just that because of cvs's take over?

calgon take me away. oops, wrong soap.
    "chaos reigns within.
    order shall return."

gee...everyone has their favorites...I was raised on Colgate toothpaste...my wife, on Crest...lol!

we have two separate toothpaste tubes in our drawers!

And to that other guy, yes I use Boston contact lens cleaner and solution ALL the time...especially since Costco sells it cheaper.

seriously, talk to the department clerk and/or manager. they are the ones who do the ordering.
    "chaos reigns within.
    order shall return."

This is somewhat on topic because it involves soap...but not Camay specifically!

Anyway, I read somewhere...or heard somewhere...that bar type soaps are responsible for that icky layer of dried on soap scum that builds up on tub and shower walls; that liquid soaps don't do that. Makes sense as liquid soaps are, well, liquid!

I switched to liquid soaps entirely. Sure 'nuff...no soap scum, ever. Tub and/or shower cleaning is a breeze now.

My liquid (soft) soap choices:
    face - Cetaphil
    body - anything on sale or whatever shampoo I'm using

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    My liquid (soft) soap choices:
    face - Cetaphil
    body - anything on sale or whatever shampoo I'm using
    You use shampoo for your body?

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Just an FYI; from drugstore.com's web site...free shipping is good for:

Unfortunately free shipping doesn't apply to Hawaii. I use to order from drugstore.com 'til I got a notice from them earlier this year (iirc) that they restructured shipping rates to Hawaii. Those rates are now way more than they were before.
    Good to know! You guys don't even get the free shipping on $49? How bad are the rates for Hawai'i? I LOVE Drugstore.com as I find some of my most beloved and extremely difficult to find products there.

Quote Originally Posted by Honoruru View Post
    Works great for shaving cream as well if you are out!

Quote Originally Posted by Honoruru View Post
    Sure! Why not? When I rinse it out of my hair it runs down my body anyway. (ok you guys, stop thinking all those lustful thoughts! On 2nd thought, go ahead and think 'em!)

Good to know! You guys don't even get the free shipping on $49? How bad are the rates for Hawai'i?[...]
    A $3.29, 3 pack of Camay costs $9.99 to ship, standard rate. However, when I entered enough to push the order over $49., the web site shows free shipping.

Works great for shaving cream as well if you are out!
    As long as there's no razors around.

Are they still making the product, Gee, Your Hairs Smell Terrific?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast