Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dissing HawaiiThreads?

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    Just in my memory, being he was banned and wiped from posting history as far as I can tell.

But if you remember the guy with the 'plantation asian' rants....das him.
    Oops...I wasn't clear! (so what else is new?!) Sorry! I remember Kam from HT but was curious if you had any links to his Advertiser forum posts! No problem if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      So are we disproving Bob's point? Or proving it with gusto?
      I don't know - go ask admin.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
        Maybe you should have jumped in and met our group and become more involved before
        passing judgement
        I concur.

As punishment, I will now switch my avatar to a picture of the Jones boy and an occasional commentary on him in my sig..... until he joins HT and participates.

In the meantime, I figure it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. My posts will publicize his columns on Midweek,...... and maybe he'll mention me in one of his pieces.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I think most of us can say that we have learned important and interesting things through this forum. While contributing also.
          Of course there's the basically useless stuff too, but that's a part of life. Think... 'Trivia Game'.
          Do you agree?

Also this is the only forum where I've seen an actual "apology" thread. That's not "low-brow" to me.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            I concur.

As punishment, I will now switch my avatar to a picture of the Jones boy and an occasional commentary on him in my sig..... until he joins HT and participates.

In the meantime, I figure it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. My posts will publicize his columns on Midweek,...... and maybe he'll mention me in one of his pieces.
            BRAVO!!!!!Fun post! Fun avatar change - I don't think I'm ready to
            leave James Dean in the dust however, especially since he's no longer
            a choice on the avatar page here. I bet Bob has never had so much
            attention in years! Maybe he'll mention you - I'll be on the lookout because
            as everyone knows the answer to the $500.00 GC question is "Yes, I do
            read Midweek!" should you ever be stopped anywhere. Heck, I'd rather
            be in the Midweek for that!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Oops...I wasn't clear! (so what else is new?!) Sorry! I remember Kam from HT but was curious if you had any links to his Advertiser forum posts! No problem if you don't.
              No they totally wiped out him and the politics forum after the Lingle incident. There was a news blurb about it at the time but I can't find it.

Comment

I concur.

Wait...

OMG!!!!

*looks at the picture of Bob*

OMG!!!!!!!

Give him a pipe and he's Bob incarnate!! ALL HAIL BOB!!!!

http://www.subgenius.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  It's not like there's anyone here that has a public feud with Joe Moore on who Bob Sevey liked more.
                  Not having grown up in Hawai`i, I didn't "get" this reference, until I mentioned this thread to the AF, and showed her this post:
                  ...and when she saw the avatar, she told me about who he is...or rather, was...and what WB was referring to.

Thanks to you all for filling in another gap in my Island education - and I agree with what others have said, Mr. Jones; please sign up and join us here.

Comment

As punishment, I will now switch my avatar to a picture of the Jones boy
                    OH GAWD NO! My eyes are burning in their sockets! Make it stop, Frankie! Make it stop!

QQ
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Who is Bob Jones? Why does he care what everyone talks about here? Everyone on HT disagree's, debates, and makes up just like at home that is why I come here.

Yes I had a ruff start when I first came here because I did not introduce myself (well maybe I should now) Any who....

Who is Bob Jones?
                      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

This kind of reminds me of when Tiny spun HT into a frenzy a couple years ago.

I don't know who Jones is and I only look at midweek to laugh on how small it's getting but I find that when traditional slams internet it's a cry from a dwindling soap box.

Either way, I have been buzzing around HT for about 5 years and find it to be a well watched over site. At the end of the day, it is just about opinion, right?
                        Aloha!

Geebz

Comment

There was a Bob Jones that worked for KGMB as a reporter and as co-anchor for the 10pm newscast during the 1970's, if I am catching the references right.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebz View Post
                            This kind of reminds me of when Tiny spun HT into a frenzy a couple years ago.
                            I think it was us who spun Tiny into a frenzy.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              There was a Bob Jones that worked for KGMB as a reporter and as co-anchor for the 10pm newscast during the 1970's, if I am catching the references right.
                              Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner...

Comment

Bob Sevey, Bob Jones, Tim Tindall and Joe Moore made up the KGMB dream team of veteran newscasters on TV back in the 60's and 70's.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X