Obama Administration Takes Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama Administration Takes Shape

This is less about the person then about the role. I'd say the desktop in general:

Windows - Business
    Mac - The arts
    Linux/Unix - Science

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
      [...]
      I have a theory that there is a correlation between what brand of computer one uses and their political affiliation.

Republicans = PC user
      Democrats = Mac users.
      [...]
      I was part of an email list of friends, family and co-workers that began mid 2008. The common denominator, and the reason for that list, was our support for Obama. Some on that list were democrats. Some were republicans. One (moi!) was an independent republicrat! ALL were Mac users! Go figure!

Comment

Do we really need yet another thread to de-volve into a Mac/PC battle? Please, no. We get it already. Back on topic, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Do we really need yet another thread to de-volve into a Mac/PC battle?
          Au contraire. GeckoGeek has made this one into a unique 3-way battle: Mac/PC/Linux.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Okay Leo. You got it.

Cheers for President Obama taking out targets INSIDE Pakistan with missiles. They are griping about border sovereignty and this and that, but he stated clearly, more than once, during the campaign, that he (Obama) would cross international borders in pursuit of lawlessness. He also said he would do it in secret. Judgin by the fact that the media didnt report till a day and half later, I'd say he is sticking with his word.

Transparency? Just a word that works like pablum, and goes well with Kool-Aid.

Most excellent.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Come on you guys. Isn't everybody celebrating Obama's "Bush-esque" missile strikes in Pakistan. Took out 2 high level Al-Queda. That is a good thing.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Come on you guys. Isn't everybody celebrating Obama's "Bush-esque" missile strikes in Pakistan. Took out 2 high level Al-Queda. That is a good thing.
                Not necessarily. Win the battle, lose the war.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm celebrating. It's the one thing Bush hadn't done recently.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Barack Obama on Tuesday abruptly abandoned his nomination fight for Tom Daschle and a second major appointee who failed to pay all their taxes, fearing a lingering ethics dispute would undercut his claims to moral high ground and cripple his presidency in just its second week. "I screwed up," Obama declared.

"It's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules — you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes," Obama said near the end of a day of jarring developments, little more than 24 hours after he had said he was "absolutely" committed to Daschle's confirmation.

"I'm frustrated with myself, with our team. ... I'm here on television saying I screwed up," Obama said on NBC's "Nightly News with Brian Williams." He repeated virtually the same words in interviews with other TV anchors.
                    So - we've now had a couple of nominees who were foolish enough to not take care of their taxes (why are there politicians who still seem to think an issue like this won't be investigated?), others who were lobbyists in clear violation of the President's earlier claims that there would be zero tolerance for them in his administration, and members of Obama's staff who have clearly not done a thorough enough job in vetting their appointees.

I am expecting a lot more from this administration, and I'm already seeing too much disappointing "business as usual" in these first two weeks - NOT good signs of "change." (See my sig line.)

If this were a member of the GOP in office, a lot more people would be screaming their heads off about corrupt ethics; those of us on the Left should be demanding better behavior than this. We dare not claim any kind of superiority over the Right, until we prove it by our actions.

Come on, Mr. President --- too much is riding on you and your team being above typical D.C. politics. Do the morally right things, and do them without hesitation.

Comment

If this were a member of the GOP in office, a lot more people would be screaming their heads off about corrupt ethics; those of us on the Left should be demanding better behavior than this. We dare not claim any kind of superiority over the Right, until we prove it by our actions.

Come on, Mr. President --- too much is riding on you and your team being above typical D.C. politics. Do the morally right things, and do them without hesitation.
                      Obama set some high standards for himself and his administration. But when you do that, it's easy to get knocked off that pedestal.

One refreshing difference between Obama and Bush 43. Obama was freely admitting that he screwed up. Complete 180 from Dubya's approach.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Obama was freely admitting that he screwed up.
                        And here’s the President in the flesh, explaining his mistakes, what his administration must do to avoid further pitfalls, and how they plan to refocus Washington on the task at hand. Like you, Frankie, Obama compares himself to the previous administration, to soften the impact of the appointees fiasco. I think it’s fair for him to do that, but at some point, he needs to stop using that as a crutch and let his actions as president stand alone.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

others who were lobbyists in clear violation of the President's earlier claims that there would be zero tolerance for them in his administration,
                          The thing that really sticks in my craw is that Obama is still defending Daschle, a lobbyist for the health insurance industry, by saying that he was the best suited to oversee the health industry! What a crock! This really makes me angry! Daschle's selection was not a screw up, it shows an intentional lack of moral committment by Obama.

and members of Obama's staff who have clearly not done a thorough enough job in vetting their appointees.
                          No, the buck stops on Obama's desk. He knew Daschle was a lobbyist for the health insurance companies. Obama was merely rewarding an old crony that helped and encoraged him when he first ran for the Senate. That's politics as usual!

those of us on the Left should be demanding better behavior than this.
                          I don't see alot of public outrage from Democrats, but I don't see any support for Daschle either, other than Obama himself.

I was reading in one blog, that Obama doesn't seem to realize that he tapped into a large reservoir of discontent and resentment of politics in Washington, which elected him. He will never be successful until he realizes that principle and gets on the bandwagon.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Obama.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Of course you see no outrage from the left. Kool Aid dulls the senses.

You folks got bamboozled. You don't have to admit it yet. I'm not going to press the issue. But eventually, the light will come on. It will be like staring at the sun. He's good looking. He's got the Harvard polish that 1/2 of Americans love. He puts lots of ummmms in his speech, which makes him seem "smart" to some folks who aren't. But, come on folks, the experience just isn't there. And it's becoming more obvious each day.

He has hired, or tried to hire, lobbyists, and tax cheats.
                            He has fired missiles into foreign nations. (Remember, Clinton did that too.)
                            His stimulus package includes tons of money for Unions, the root cause of the demise of US mfg, some would say.
                            Bill Ayers was not enough.
                            Rev Wright was not enough.
                            It would be easy to go on with other items that YOU should be outraged by.

Mata, of course your are disappointed. It could not have gone any other way. It will get worse.

Guess who won the election? Rush Limbaugh & Bill O'Reilly. And that is the tragedy of it.
                            Last edited by timkona; February 4, 2009, 05:20 AM. Reason: to help Mata see
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Of course you see no outrage from the left. Kool Aid dulls the senses.
                              So, the comments of Matapule and myself never happened? We are most definitely "the left," sir.
                              You folks got bamboozled.
                              Obama was not my first or second choice as a candidate, but when it came down to the final contest, I could not have voted for any of the other candidates this time out. Bamboozled, nothing - my preferred candidates were eliminated earlier in the contest, but my final option was quite clear.

Comment

It will get worse.
                                Limiting executive pay to companies that receive a bailout is getting worse?

Comment

Working...
                                X