Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Administration Takes Shape

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
    Hillary could be jetting all around the world. So when the cat's away ................
    As if Bill has been staying put in DC all the time that Hillary has been at Capitol Hill.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Oh, poop! I posted in the wrong thread! <DELETE>!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        Yesterday, the blogosphere lit up as pundits speculated Hillary Clinton would be named Secretary of State, ... Thoughts?
        Originally posted by Random View Post
        Bill Clinton's version of Home Alone ... or is it Risky Business?
        Either way, if you believe Fox News’ Wendell Goler, it appears Clinton’s selection as secretary of state is all but a done deal. Also interesting in Goler’s report is how Republicans and hawks are praising Obama’s national security team, while anti-war Democrats are “alarmed” at the overwhelming percentage of “Washington insiders” among the names being considered.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Also interesting in Goler’s report is how Republicans and hawks are praising Obama’s national security team, while anti-war Democrats are “alarmed” at the overwhelming percentage of “Washington insiders” among the names being considered.
          I think it is too early to tell. I think Obama has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve, and only time will tell. I am an anti Mid East war critic, but I am not willing to criticize Obama's choices yet. If he screws up, I will be the first on HT to criticize.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Will any of the appointees be a pidgin speaking bugga?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Oh, poop! I posted in the wrong thread! <DELETE>!!!
              Can I quote you on this?
              (Exit: Stage Right)

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                I think it is too early to tell. I think Obama has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve, and only time will tell. I am an anti Mid East war critic, but I am not willing to criticize Obama's choices yet. If he screws up, I will be the first on HT to criticize.
                Hmmmm...as the appointments continue to be announced, it appears the message of “change” is all but absent from Obama’s cabinet wish list. It seems the overwhelming message is: Washington insiders only — n00bs need not apply. I want to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but it gets harder every day.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

it appears the message of “change” is all but absent from Obama’s cabinet wish list. It seems the overwhelming message is: Washington insiders only — n00bs need not apply.
                  Can you give me someone specific you would like him to appoint? Or do you just want to criticize anyone he appoints?

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    Will any of the appointees be a pidgin speaking bugga?
                    I don't think Pidgin was allowed at Punahou Thus...
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Hmmmm...as the appointments continue to be announced[/URL], it appears the message of “change” is all but absent from Obama’s cabinet wish list.
                      So, rather than ending up with a third Bush term, will we end up with a third Clinton term?

Comment

Hmmmm...as the appointments continue to be announced, it appears the message of “change” is all but absent from Obama’s cabinet wish list. It seems the overwhelming message is: Washington insiders only — n00bs need not apply. I want to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but it gets harder every day.
                        You sure you want to bring someone from the outside with no knowledge of how the Capital Hill game works to push your agendas? Consider the fact that not too long ago, he resigned his seat as well as his status of "Junior Senator" to become the next US President.

The question would be how loyal are the Washington Insiders to Obama to push for his agendas for the benefit of the American people?
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

as the appointments continue to be announced, it appears the message of “change” is all but absent from Obama’s cabinet wish list. It seems the overwhelming message is: Washington insiders only — n00bs need not apply. I want to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but it gets harder every day.
                          Originally posted by Random View Post
                          The question would be how loyal are the Washington Insiders to Obama
                          Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          So, rather than ending up with a third Bush term, will we end up with a third Clinton term?
                          That appears to be the Obama strategy, Leo. For hard-core liberals on this board, that’s exactly what they want. For independents like myself who felt “change” was the most valuable part of Obama’s message, it is a major disappointment. Like MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow agrees in the link above, rather than appoint Janet Napolitano to the Department of Homeland Security, I felt Obama should have eliminated the agency. Secretary of State should have went to Bill Richardson who has tangible diplomatic accomplishments on his r&#233;sum&#233;, and was far more qualified than H.R. Clinton, who I feel has no place in a “change” administration.

As I said before, I will give Barack the benefit of the doubt for now, but he has already missed some opportunities to create real change.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

http://news.aol.com/political-machin...305x1200866164

Hillary can't play, unless she takes a pay cut. Seems fair enough to me.

Best to place your favorites in Position #2. Let the #1 guy break them in, train them, show the ropes, etc. Then about 1 year later, can the guy, and promote from within.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

For hard-core liberals on this board, that’s exactly what they want.
                              Well...not quite. I'm pretty far to the left myself, and I felt the Clinton administration was a huge disappointment, a wasted opportunity. The Clintons represent a Democratic faction that believes in getting elected at any cost, even if it means leaving traditional liberal values behind.

My hope is that President-Elect Obama is not part of that game, but will instead signal a return to a strong liberal p.o.v., as has happened in past Democratic presidencies, and would be the best opportunity to prove that liberalism will not "destroy" America, as the neo-conservatives would have us believe.

Comment

It seems the overwhelming message is: Washington insiders only — n00bs need not apply.
                                Secretary of State should have went to Bill Richardson who has tangible diplomatic accomplishments on his résumé, and was far more qualified than H.R. Clinton, who I feel has no place in a “change” administration.
                                Bill Richardson is NOT a Washington insider? You see, T, you can't have it both ways. You have put Obama in a "lose/lose" position with your impossible criteria for change.

Comment

Working...
                                X