Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Administration Takes Shape

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    That appears to be the Obama strategy, Leo. For hard-core liberals on this board, that’s exactly what they want. For independents like myself who felt “change” was the most valuable part of Obama’s message, it is a major disappointment. Like MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow agrees in the link above, rather than appoint Janet Napolitano to the Department of Homeland Security, I felt Obama should have eliminated the agency.
    Eliminate DHS? Not a good idea. Restructuring DHS would be a more embracing proposal.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Eliminate DHS? Not a good idea. Restructuring DHS would be a more embracing proposal.
      I agree. At a time when when are still fighting 2 wars and with Osama Bin Laden still not captured, this is not the time to eliminate DHS. Where any operations/services overlap with the Defense dept. and NSA, it would be a good idea to streamline and make the appropriate cuts. But totally eliminating Homeland Security at this time would be asking for trouble.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        As I said before, I will give Barack the benefit of the doubt for now, but he has already missed some opportunities to create real change.
        Well, Barack could bring someone from outside Washington ... like Sarah Palin.

*dons his asbestos suit*

Comment

http://news.aol.com/main/obama-presi...als-say/260657

Obama keeps Gates as Sec of Defense citing "experience during war."

At least now we know that Obama is smarter than those who voted for him.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Bill Richardson is NOT a Washington insider? You see, T, you can't have it both ways.
            Once again, matapule, you missed the point which was: if Obama is going to staff his cabinet with mostly Washington insiders (which he has so far, not that I approve), he should put Richardson in the spot where he shines most (Sec. of State) then where he has him (Sec. of Commerce).

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              I agree. At a time when when are still fighting 2 wars and with Osama Bin Laden still not captured, this is not the time to eliminate DHS. Where any operations/services overlap with the Defense dept. and NSA, it would be a good idea to streamline and make the appropriate cuts. But totally eliminating Homeland Security at this time would be asking for trouble.
              Well, if there was still any asinine clinging to the idea of eliminating Homeland Security, I hope that the dreadful news coming out of Mumbai has shaken folks out of their complacency.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Obama chooses Hawai‘i’s Shinseki to be VA secretary

Advertiser Staff and Wire Reports
                WASHINGTON — President-elect Barack Obama has chosen retired Gen. Eric K. Shinseki to be the next Veterans Affairs secretary, turning to a former Army chief of staff once vilified by the Bush administration for questioning its Iraq War strategy.
                First good news out of the Obama Administration!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Man, Hawaii is being represented now at the highest levels!

Obama as Prez. Inouye as Senate Appropriations Chair. And now, Shinseki joins the president's cabinet as the VA secretary-designate. Of course, the nomination has to be confirmed, but that isn't expected to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Man, Hawaii is being represented now at the highest levels!

Obama as Prez. Inouye as Senate Appropriations Chair. And now, Shinseki joins the president's cabinet as the VA secretary-designate. Of course, the nomination has to be confirmed, but that isn't expected to be a problem.
                    Pres. elect Obama was the exclusive guest on Meet the Press this morning altho' it was taped yesterday in Chicago. Obama, discussing Shinseki, mentioned that they were both raised in Hawaii! Yep! Hawaii has every reason to be proud...sansei notwithstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Will any of the appointees be a pidgin speaking bugga?
                      Nah. Bu La'ia is not even being considered.

At least, he wen' pick Shinseki.

Now if he could appoint spam musubi as our national food. (I no even eat apple pie, brah!)
                      Last edited by Random; December 7, 2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Pres. elect Obama was the exclusive guest on Meet the Press this morning, discussing Shinseki, mentioned that they were both raised in Hawaii! Yep!
                        Not if our Governor has anything to say about it...
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

But he has not quit smoking. And I think a President should be able to make the rules.

So repeal the rule about No Smoking in the White House. After all, in a time of war, and economic crisis, we don't need a leader who is "nic'in" out.

It would be different if he was a heroin addict, because heroin is much easier to kick than ciggys, and not nearly as deadly.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            heroin is much easier to kick than ciggys, and not nearly as deadly.
                            There is almost zero physical addiction with nicotine and humans. It's virtually all a head trip. You quit when you really want to quit. Pau.

Heroin has severe physical dependency reactions, and coupled with the mental addiction is actually way more difficult to overcome, no matter what the contrary scientific studies say. Plus, the physical pleasure from heroin is infinitely greater than the minor mental pacifier buzz for a cigarette addict.

I'd put the 'deadly' aspects to be in favor of the smoker, with all things considered.
                            A teenage heroin addict will rarely see the age of 50, at best, but millions of smokers from their teens will grow old.
                            Last edited by Ron Whitfield; December 8, 2008, 08:09 AM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Pres. elect Obama was the exclusive guest on Meet the Press this morning altho' it was taped yesterday in Chicago. Obama, discussing Shinseki, mentioned that they were both raised in Hawaii!
                              And if you missed the official announcement, here’s all-inclusive CNN coverage of the presser, including remarks from General Shinseki.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

I would like to start by saying that I am perfectly fine with folks using nicotine or heroin, though I choose neither. I do not judge folks so superficially. And it's a well known fact that our world is populated by useful folks who use heroin and/or nicotine regularly.

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

http://www.lycaeum.org/drugwar/hening.html

Ron, sometimes I read your posts, and admire your intellect. This is not one of them.

Fact is nicotine is THE most addictive substance. That's the simple explanation for why it is still legal, in spite of 1/2 million deaths per year.

I learned today that the No Smoking rule was initiated by none other than Hillary Clinton.

I'm fine with Obama being the President. But if you make him stop smoking, you might end up with somebody different than who you voted for. And I don't like folks making a big deal out of it either.

Shut up and let the guy puff. And let Richardson keep the beard.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                                X