What constitutes a 'real' Email site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What constitutes a 'real' Email site?

Been trying to join the www.fenderforum.com/fender.html but when submitting any of my free accounts, yahoo, gmail, etc., they say it's not legit and that I need to submit a REAL Email address, that free sites aren't 'real'.
    You may wish to try it yourself to see what I mean.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: What constitutes a 'real' Email site?

Probably needs to be a POP3 email account.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Been trying to join the www.fenderforum.com/fender.html but when submitting any of my free accounts, yahoo, gmail, etc., they say it's not legit and that I need to submit a REAL Email address, that free sites aren't 'real'.
      You may wish to try it yourself to see what I mean.
      I registered for a forum that didn't allow people to register using a free e-mail address. I had a RoadRunner e-mail address as part of the internet service I pay for, so I'm assuming they want a paid e-mail account to verify your account?

The reason given by the Admin was that it helped cut down the number of trolls and troublemakers re-registering with new accounts after being banned.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

So stupid...

Just searched for a free POP3 account, submitted it and I'm in the FDF.
        Whoopee..., what's the point of their BS. Not a question, just being grumpy about it.

Thanx for the help guys!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

While it can be viewed as a hassle to the person who has to provided various amounts of information ~ it is done by the Mods and/or owner{s} to provide a "firewall" against unwanted trouble.

There are many people out there that have nothing better to do than troll all kinds of forums. I could bore you the number of trolls I've seen but won't.

Often times it's hard to apprieciate all the Mods and/or owner{s} do to maintain a message board until you {generally speaking} are in that role.

Comment

Working...
          X