Oops! Deleted...hele on!
    Could I quote you on this?
    (Exit: Stage Left)

Comment

Re: King Fort Magazine

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Could I quote you on this?
      (Exit: Stage Left)
      I think I'll delete another post so I can watch you exit foreground, straight into the orchestra pit!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        I think I'll delete another post so I can watch you exit foreground, straight into the orchestra pit!
        I just need fairy dust and I can fly like Peter Pan.

Comment

A good customer service gesture goes to the owner of King Forth Magazine for letting me in just at closing time. I just took a few minutes to buy NFL Draft and MLB annauls. If he didn't let me in. I would probably go to Barnes & Noble or Borders to purchase those magazines. But, I want to support small business whenever possible.

Comment

I've bought a few magazines and stuff there.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

My kid, (and many of his friends) treat Borders as an in-house library.
              They go there, dominate the Manga section and sit and read book after book for hours on end (till I pick him up).
              I told him I disapprove of the practice, that it is unfair for the business, but at 17+, 6'2",240 lbs., and a serious teenage attitude he will tell me what I want to hear and do what he wants. (With a tender smile....)
              He claims that Borders doesn't care, and he certainly does buy enough there to compensate for his freebies, yet I am uncomfortable with the practice.
              I skim books to see if they interest me, and if so I buy them. At Borders' prices this is not a hardship.
              King Fort (are they still there? extant?) may not have a profit margin that allows substantial freeloading, and must monitor freeloaders vs. customers.
              Our world is changing.

"Oh the times they are a-changing..." Bob Dylan
              "Imagine there's no money....." John Lennon
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

The stores know it's a common practice and usually provide comfortable seating to indulge, so they weigh the pro/cons and must feel they win by allowing it even tho there are abusers, a few cronics, and some real dirt bags that should be kept out. But it's those that sit in the way on the floor that need to be corrected, that's just stupid.
                But you can't blame too harshly those that steal written words when you see the often sky high prices for low content, it's just a matter of time before it all implodes.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The practice of "no reading" at that Fort Street location has been in practice since at least the early 80s and probably well before that. I remember being told that by the lady that used to be there. It was an uncomfortable practice even back then, but to her credit, I recall being caught a couple of pennies short at the register when I was younger and she simply let it go and said, "Next time."

The Fort Street approach has always been the opposite of Borders in that to them, no reading means more sales for them I suppose. They've been able to remain there all these years with the approach, so who's to argue with their policy, but getting belligerent is uncalled for. I haven't visited there in a long time despite my working downtown. I don't like visiting there. It kind of feels like the "Soup Nazi" where you have to select your materials a certain way otherwise they don't like want your business.

Comment

Working...
                  X