Sriracha hot sauce APPRECIATION thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sriracha hot sauce APPRECIATION thread

My BF just made an awesome dinner of vegiburgers with lettuce, tomato, and grilled eggplants (all veggies from our garden), topped w/ cheese and rooster sauce, with a side of fries, with a combination of vegenaise and rooster sauce!! YUM!!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I like hot sauces, but usually prefer the simplicity of Tabasco (peppers, salt, vinegar), mostly because I am also a vinegar fiend. However, on certain foods, Sriracha cannot be substituted. It appalls my Filipino friends that I almost always put it on chicken adobo or pork adobo; I also prefer it to Tabasco on heavily garlic-flavored foods. Yes, Sriracha is good food.

wouldn't appall this pinay, scriv. half the time i cook adobo, i'm plopping into the pot big spoonfuls of that stuff. maybe someday i'll feed you my sriracha-ed pork adobo and give you some kona or black butte porter to wash it down. *wink*

sriracha is also good in corned beef hash with some cumin.

as for the vietnamese ketchup thing, i always thought that nickname came because at vietnamese restaurants, a bottle of that red sauce is as ubiquitous as american ketchup is at american diners. i wouldn't have guessed it was said disparagingly because it's made of jalapenos versus, let's say, bird peppers. jufran banana sauce is similarly called filipino ketchup, i understand. and jufran comes in regular and spicy versions.

not that i'm a chili aficionado, by any means. twenty-five gs might be just sufficient to convince me to ingest a three millimeter bit of bhut jolokia. course, i'd need two gallons of milk plus a pint of ben & jerry's americone dream ready to snuff the heat. plus vaseline for later. *shrug*
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/srirac...194703285.html

Pinch your nose.

Comment

Where did all the Sriracha go? Bottles are being sold for $70 a pop (yahoo.com)

$70 a pop? Where do they shop?

Comment

Working...
          X