Noisy Neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Noisy Neighbors

Sansei - if you think they have a "chop shop", then you need to call HPD to investigate. You can make the report without having to give your name if that would be more comfortable for you.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi,in response to anapuni808.i believe someone from our local authoritie's did only they our unkind neighbor's still believe it's ok and they do it in back of their home so they think they arent bothering anyone and they do it to either an old car that they may have pilfered or they bought a used old one and thought it's ok to do this.

he onced lived in another part of this island and imoho,i believe he was arrested for this and his unkind younger son is in school so it make's me =O)

well thank's for your time

Comment

Sansei

my advice is to call the police and let them deal with this. Your mum and yourself should not be caring. There will be no reprisals, the police will make sure of that.

Comment

hi in response to barry,i did let this pass is someone from our local authoritie's has spoken to them,i believe imoho,that they spoke with the father,only he believe's that it's still ok to do the chop shop in the back on the side of his home and he doesnt follow the rule's so what myself does is to put the old airline earplug's in my ear's and it drown's out the sound and i feel better so i thought to share this with you and everyone.

Comment

hi,our young unkind neighbor ride's his modified moped up and down our road thinking it's a raceway and our young unkind neighbor had been admonished by his father only he doesnt listen and when the local p helicopter's fly overhead,he hide's so he doesnt get caught and this is very annoying.

the local p here has talked with his father only the young one doesnt care what his father say's so he ride's recklessly with no concern for our elderly neighbor's so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

how old is your young neighbor?
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

It's only a legal thing which stops us going out and shooting people like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                  It's only a legal thing which stops us going out and shooting people like that.
                  It's only illegal if you get caught
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    I wonder if the angels (not Hells Angels...) ride around in Heaven on noisy mopeds?
                    Then it wouldn't be Heaven I do think with a name like Hells Angels, you won't find too many of those bikers at that locale.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

UGH!! Sometime 2-3 weeks ago, a small child moved in with the family next door. I don't know if this is a temp or permanent arrangement yet.
                      Anyway, every single darn day at 1:00 pm, its 'naptime', and this little girl does NOT want to take her nap, ever! And she hollers at the top of her lungs!!! Its awful! This goes on every day for an hour, right after I finish enjoying my lunch and settle down to study. Its earsplittingly annoying!

I have no idea what to do. I'm a renter here, and I don't want to cause any neighborhood animosity. Also, Its a child. Whats its mom supposed to do...ball gag it? This sux.
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Leave a bottle of Children's Benadryl on the porch, ring the bell, and run away.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I moved out to the country to be away from the noise. For a long time we had neighbors who were noisy, invasive, dumped trash on our property and were drug user/sellers and thieves on top of it all. Now they are gone and our new neighbors are very nice.

However, we still have the pocket-bikes (little kids), noisy dirt bikes (big kids), noisy mufflerless cars (bigger kids) all speeding by in our 15mph zone at 40 mph, and then the low-riders (eternal infants?), who unfortunately do the speed limit as their trunkful of bass speakers goes BOOM -BOOM-BOOM (pause) BOOM-BOOM-BOOM as they pass by.

Then there's the roosters all day and all night, but especially early in the AM.

Still, we do have some wonderful periods of quiet.

Lucky we live country, and grateful.

K
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

My landlord has a dog who barks at ANYTHING! and they put him outside most mornings, right outside my unit, so I am wakened to a barking dog. Not pleasant at all. They are trying to do better since I complained (gently - he's my landlord after all) and now put him out a little later. But, today, even inside the house, he was in the window barking about 5:30 am!!!!!
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              My landlord has a dog who barks at ANYTHING! and they put him outside most mornings, right outside my unit, so I am wakened to a barking dog. Not pleasant at all. They are trying to do better since I complained (gently - he's my landlord after all) and now put him out a little later. But, today, even inside the house, he was in the window barking about 5:30 am!!!!!
                              Sounds like a yapper - maybe a chiuaua, dachshund or chiweenie, small, alert dogs with strong territorial sense, high-pitched, annoying bark!

K
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

no, he is a very loveable border collie. the problem is that he has had no training and he is not socalized with other dogs or people. i really like the dog - he is just very noisy.

it's hard not to like the dog - if he is outside when i come home at night, he stands there & jumps up & down, makes noise and welcomes me home. it's actually kind of nice. at least SOMEBODY is glad to see me!
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X