Noisy Neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Noisy Neighbors

Or build yourself an insulated box to sleep in.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've never had any luck with white noise and envy those of you for whom it works. When in Makaha, if someone belches in Nanakuli...I wake up immediately, looking like this ->

Comment

"Most crickets irritate me, but really aren't too bad. Some people actually find them to be soothing. But one insect that drives me nuts is the cone-headed grasshopper, also known as the irritating grasshopper or aggravating grasshopper. Instead of intermittent chirping, it emits a constant buzzing that sounds like high voltage electric wires sizzling at about 80 decibels right outside the window."
        i hear ya. i'd much rather listen to crickets than mosquitoes buzzing around. there's plenty of those buggers on the big island.

"I've never had any luck with white noise and envy those of you for whom it works. When in Makaha, if someone belches in Nanakuli...I wake up immediately, looking like this -> "
        too funny!
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Funny when we lived in our townhouse down the road
          we had housesitters who freaked out because it's so quiet over here. Then we moved into our house in the same valley and had housesitters with the same comments, only the chickens bothered them every now and then. They all lived in town in Makiki. As I type
          chickens are crowing away and my neighbors are working on their lower level to fence it up from the ravaging pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by localmoco View Post
            But one insect that drives me nuts is the cone-headed grasshopper, also known as the irritating grasshopper or aggravating grasshopper. Instead of intermittent chirping, it emits a constant buzzing that sounds like high voltage electric wires sizzling at about 80 decibels right outside the window.
            Back when I lived at home I used to hunt those down with a flashlight and a can of Raid. Just so I could hear the TV set without blasting it.

Comment

Or build yourself an insulated box to sleep in.
              What a great idea! Let's get together next weekend and make a few and sell them. We could make a fortune out here at IP...you know, what with the planes and all.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

didn't anyone tell you ahead of time that IP is in a flight path? When I lived there in the mid 60's, it was worse than it is now because at that time there was no reef runway. Sorry you weren't informed before you moved in.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Oh it really doesn't bother me. After the first week, you don't hear them anymore. And no- nobody told me. My husband was transferred out here. We didn't have time to come out and look. The place he's contracted to told him to come here, so we did. Didn't have a whole lot of choice. I came out two months later. You learn to just pause the TV until the plane goes over. It's only really bad when Hickam sends out multiple fighters for maneuvers (and you can see them lined up on the runway, so you know it's coming) or a re-fueler comes in to land.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

hi this is sansei and for now,our nosiy neighbor's have calmed down and since we just returned from being out of town and with the rain,it's quiet and it make's me:O)

our young neighbor also doesnt rev up his modified moped in our neighborhood since we returned so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Speaking of noisy neighbors....

I have this older couple (near the apt. where I live), their dog is pretty old too.

I think, their dogs sees ghost or something, lol . Cuz, he/she just barks for no reasons at any point in time .

I remember the couple went on vacation (I found out after the a fact), left their dog with an idiot, to watch over. So, this person, let the dog out, & I have no idea where he/she went thereafter.

That same night, after 10PM, or maybe longer, the dog just kept barking continuously passed midnight!!. I thought, it was suppose to be quiet time after 10 PM. looked liked all the light were off, when I went out to see what was going on. Nothing, the dog was just barking at lint passing by.

I called the police for help, & they couldn't do anything about it, but only refer me to call an animal control? WTF?!?!. At night, too???

The dog just kept barking passed midnight through out until the dog was tired enough. What ever!!.

What do I do in situations like that?.

The dog is still there, but when they let their dog out, sometimes very early around 5 or 6 am, it barks. GAWD!!.

When the heck is that damn dog ever going to kick the bucket already??!!. GAWD!!.

One time, they had their TV blasting after 10M, WTF?? are those couple's problem??

I think they should know about the 10 PM rule, WTF?!?!.

I called the police on them to help them be reminded.

If you ask me, I don't know who's bad/worse them or their dog. lol.

Both of them are getting older, but, atleast should know the 10 PM rule, too.

They should get those small portable noise amplifier head set, the one on TV, I saw once, & I think I also saw it for sale on walmart, too.

If my hearing was going bad, I would get it myself.

But then again, if they do get it, what's the chances of them using it, too .

What ever I guess.

Sigh.
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I kept hearing a kid screaming, so I went outside to see what was going on. Just down the street (right next to Joe the Gendarme), there was a couple of drunks playing ball outside with a little kid of about four or five. So I asked them nicely if thy couldn't play indoors, as we couldn't sleep and had to get up for school at seven.

Wow. They all came at me at started yelling, and then two women came out of the house and yelled some more. Seems the kid is autistic and just yells like that. Seems the parents and friends are drunks who think it's funny.

I simply asked politely if they couldn't think that there were others in the neighborhood who had kids that had to get up for school in the morning. And then I got whapped...didn't even see it coming. And shoved.

Damn Joe...I'm sure he was at his window and saw the entire thing...he never came out or yelled at all. Either it's because of his recent heart attack or because they were so aggresive. And when I think of all the times he yelled at me for nothing...and his wife screaming at me cause one of the kids was smelling her flowers!

I don't think I'll have a black eye in the morning, but I do have a hell of a welt

Comment

Some neighbors act like they don't have neighbors - like they own the world and don't have to share.

Even out here in 'the country' noisy neighbors can be a problem. Most of my neighbors are very considerate and respectful, but it only takes one to ruin your sleep.

Crowding makes the problem worse. When I lived on Kauai, there was no noise problem.
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                            Some neighbors act like they don't have neighbors - like they own the world and don't have to share.
                            True. Or how about, they probably think that the noise stays inside & not go outside of their home to bother other neighbors.

So, they really don't care.
                            Aches & Pains
                            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

am I the only one who noticed that Susie posted about being attacked?

Susie - I hope you are ok and will not have any continuing problems with these neighbors. Having an autistic child is no excuse for the bad behaviour of the adults.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                am I the only one who noticed that Susie posted about being attacked?

Susie - I hope you are ok and will not have any continuing problems with these neighbors. Having an autistic child is no excuse for the bad behaviour of the adults.
                                Thanks.

They were young and drunk and very agressive, and I suppose that the story isn't finished, yet, as I will be going over to the Gendarmes later today to file a complaint.

It's really amazing how people freak out when you don't respond to violence with violence....it's like they didn't know what to do when I didn't whap back but continued to speak politely. It did work, I guess...they went in after and shut the door and there was no more noise.

I've got a good welt across my face.

Comment

Working...
                                X