Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Noisy Neighbors

sansei Guest

Red face Re: Noisy Neighbors

hi this is sansei and in response first to anapuni808. he did and the young ukind son when his father isnt around,he the unkind young son still rev's it his father's car in our neighborhood and he did it a few minute's ago and no one which would be our elder neighbor's at this time may not know who's doing it only their are a few who know's and they told the unkind young son to stop only he wont,

and in response to kupomog,sorry if my spelling on your name is incorrect only i've had this same problem with our unkind young neighbor who is the son of our unkind neighbor who's the father and this unkind young neighbor who's the son doesnt care if he's caught by the guy's with the unmarked car's and he believe's like his father that he's able to do what he feel's so i understand and i do sympathize with you.

well thank's for your time

Default Re: Noisy Neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I don't know how this crap isn't bothering them enough for them to complain or something. I think one of the people is a former cop, in fact.
    Mostly just had to vent, because this is really driving me quite insane lately. I think if I hear anything today, I'm just going to call the cops already.
    People don't want to be confrontational and don't really know how to approach the situation without worrying about retribution or even violence.

Here's an idea that you can take to the parents of the property where the noise is coming from: "I've heard that the neighbors are getting ready to go the neighborhood board and the police about the noisy music. I don't know any of the details, but if these kids want to listen to their music then maybe they could find somewhere else to do it without the police being on our street every day."
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

oh right - blame the other neighbors so any upset/anger/retribution is directed at them, not him. that is just really uncool. the best action is simply to call the police. the loud music is illegal.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I don't know why I am but I'm going to give this another few days, and if nothing changes, I'll be talking to some people and I might give that neighborhood board thing a try. Today was a good day, no music! I think Nords was pretty much right about people not wanting to be confrontational or having the neighbors know exactly who it was that complained..kind of awkward. The Chiense family is quiet and they were recently burglarized so I think they're just trying to keep to themselves as much as possible... But again, thanks everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    oh right - blame the other neighbors so any upset/anger/retribution is directed at them, not him. that is just really uncool. the best action is simply to call the police. the loud music is illegal.
    Apparently you've had more success with the police than I have. Good luck with that.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

for another noise problem, yes - they were very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    we made use of this option last month regarding the owners who allow their dog to bark incessantly at all hours by our bedroom window. HPD observed the home for a bit, then visited the owners within two weeks of our complaint to the neighborhood board. they left a message on our phone saying the owners apologized and were looking into getting anti-barking collars for their dogs. we'll see how it goes. i'd prefer they take their dogs on long walks. border collies and retrievers are active dogs that need exercise daily--they'd be less neurotic if they weren't cooped up all the time.
    Yep, especially to your last sentence. Constantly barking dogs are clearly the fault of neglectful owners. Hopefully, your neighbors will do "the right thing" by exercising their pets, giving them adequate attention, properly training them, and see if those methods curtail the barking problem. Those collars that give off electrical shocks or citronella sprays whenever a dog barks should only be a last resort when all else fails. If they use those tools as a first-line solution,.... well, it makes you wonder why those owners bought their dogs in the first place.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

sansei Guest

Unhappy Re: Noisy Neighbors

hi,we have our unkind neighbor's one who's the father and the other is his unkind younger son and imoho,i beleive they may have a chop shop and it's when the car's that either they own or may have taken from someone that they chop the car up and use the good part's to modify their car's at their home and at time's,it bother's me is this isnt right.

also on speeding,i notified our dot and they shared with me that they'll look in on our speeding matter and if thing's are as i've shared with them,we may have a speed bump put in,only not sure so this part is up in the air.

our unkind neighbor's are the one's that either give me a stress headache or cause's my bp to go a bit high without myself knowing it.

WTH? What are you talking about Willis?

Quote Originally Posted by sansei View Post
    hi,we have our unkind neighbor's one who's the father and the other is his unkind younger son and imoho,i beleive they may have a chop shop and it's when the car's that either they own or may have taken from someone that they chop the car up and use the good part's to modify their car's at their home and at time's,it bother's me is this isnt right.

also on speeding,i notified our dot and they shared with me that they'll look in on our speeding matter and if thing's are as i've shared with them,we may have a speed bump put in,only not sure so this part is up in the air.

our unkind neighbor's are the one's that either give me a stress headache or cause's my bp to go a bit high without myself knowing it.

I hope they shut down their chop shop! I can't imagine trying to live next door to one. That would drive me nuts too!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Sansei - if you think they have a "chop shop", then you need to call HPD to investigate. You can make the report without having to give your name if that would be more comfortable for you.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

sansei Guest

hi,in response to anapuni808.i believe someone from our local authoritie's did only they our unkind neighbor's still believe it's ok and they do it in back of their home so they think they arent bothering anyone and they do it to either an old car that they may have pilfered or they bought a used old one and thought it's ok to do this.

he onced lived in another part of this island and imoho,i believe he was arrested for this and his unkind younger son is in school so it make's me =O)

Sansei

my advice is to call the police and let them deal with this. Your mum and yourself should not be caring. There will be no reprisals, the police will make sure of that.

sansei Guest

hi in response to barry,i did let this pass is someone from our local authoritie's has spoken to them,i believe imoho,that they spoke with the father,only he believe's that it's still ok to do the chop shop in the back on the side of his home and he doesnt follow the rule's so what myself does is to put the old airline earplug's in my ear's and it drown's out the sound and i feel better so i thought to share this with you and everyone.

sansei Guest

hi,our young unkind neighbor ride's his modified moped up and down our road thinking it's a raceway and our young unkind neighbor had been admonished by his father only he doesnt listen and when the local p helicopter's fly overhead,he hide's so he doesnt get caught and this is very annoying.

the local p here has talked with his father only the young one doesnt care what his father say's so he ride's recklessly with no concern for our elderly neighbor's so i thought to share this with everyone.

how old is your young neighbor?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

It's only a legal thing which stops us going out and shooting people like that.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's only a legal thing which stops us going out and shooting people like that.
    It's only illegal if you get caught
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I wonder if the angels (not Hells Angels...) ride around in Heaven on noisy mopeds?
    Then it wouldn't be Heaven I do think with a name like Hells Angels, you won't find too many of those bikers at that locale.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

UGH!! Sometime 2-3 weeks ago, a small child moved in with the family next door. I don't know if this is a temp or permanent arrangement yet.
    Anyway, every single darn day at 1:00 pm, its 'naptime', and this little girl does NOT want to take her nap, ever! And she hollers at the top of her lungs!!! Its awful! This goes on every day for an hour, right after I finish enjoying my lunch and settle down to study. Its earsplittingly annoying!

I have no idea what to do. I'm a renter here, and I don't want to cause any neighborhood animosity. Also, Its a child. Whats its mom supposed to do...ball gag it? This sux.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Leave a bottle of Children's Benadryl on the porch, ring the bell, and run away.

Can't think of anything creative this time

I moved out to the country to be away from the noise. For a long time we had neighbors who were noisy, invasive, dumped trash on our property and were drug user/sellers and thieves on top of it all. Now they are gone and our new neighbors are very nice.

However, we still have the pocket-bikes (little kids), noisy dirt bikes (big kids), noisy mufflerless cars (bigger kids) all speeding by in our 15mph zone at 40 mph, and then the low-riders (eternal infants?), who unfortunately do the speed limit as their trunkful of bass speakers goes BOOM -BOOM-BOOM (pause) BOOM-BOOM-BOOM as they pass by.

Then there's the roosters all day and all night, but especially early in the AM.

Still, we do have some wonderful periods of quiet.

Lucky we live country, and grateful.

K
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

My landlord has a dog who barks at ANYTHING! and they put him outside most mornings, right outside my unit, so I am wakened to a barking dog. Not pleasant at all. They are trying to do better since I complained (gently - he's my landlord after all) and now put him out a little later. But, today, even inside the house, he was in the window barking about 5:30 am!!!!!
    Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    My landlord has a dog who barks at ANYTHING! and they put him outside most mornings, right outside my unit, so I am wakened to a barking dog. Not pleasant at all. They are trying to do better since I complained (gently - he's my landlord after all) and now put him out a little later. But, today, even inside the house, he was in the window barking about 5:30 am!!!!!
    Sounds like a yapper - maybe a chiuaua, dachshund or chiweenie, small, alert dogs with strong territorial sense, high-pitched, annoying bark!

K
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

no, he is a very loveable border collie. the problem is that he has had no training and he is not socalized with other dogs or people. i really like the dog - he is just very noisy.

it's hard not to like the dog - if he is outside when i come home at night, he stands there & jumps up & down, makes noise and welcomes me home. it's actually kind of nice. at least SOMEBODY is glad to see me!
    Sydney J. Harris

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast