Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does being a smoker lessen the dating pool?

Going into my relationship with P.K., he knew I was a smoker. Every night before we went to bed, he would calmly tell me "Honey, when are you going to quit smoking?" Some nights, I would smile and say, "One day." On others...I would get out of bed and yell "SDFU!! I NOT GOING QUIT!" He remained the same loving man and waited patiently until one day for no reason at all I made the decision.

Oh! The question.

Does being a smoker lessen the dating pool?

Hell no. Not for me.

If you gonna date? There's someone for you whether you smoke or not.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

I tend to only date smokers. I did go out with non-smoker once and overlooked her non-smoking fault at least for a little while.

Comment

I smoked for about 13 years when I was young(er). I enjoyed everything about it; from the lighters to cigarette cases, a whole style scene. Then I quit just
        quit. Almost everyone I knew at the time smoked and in the dorm it was
        almost unheard of to be a non-smoker. Everyone I dated smoked it seemed.
        Then it wasn't a problem to smell yucky and have your clothes reek especially
        from parties and bars. How time changes.

Now, I wouldn't consider a smoker for many reasons. Personal concern for
        health, a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY and the smell issue on breath/clothes/home.
        I love it on eBay when it is stated "from a non-smoking home." When we have
        parties there is only one couple that smokes it's amazing they stay outside and
        don't mind. Other guests join them and due to the outdoor setting the smoke
        is not so annoying. I love them dearly and would never think not to include
        them at a gathering.

Comment

If Jessica Alba tied me to her bed posts and then lit up a cig, I'd still let her do anything she wanted to do to me. I'd even let her use my bellybutton as an ashtray.

But yes, todays world is very particular about health issues so I doubt you'll find many non-smokers who will allow a smoker into their lives. And if they did, they'll probably have a list of conditions that have to be followed in order to maintain that relationship, which will eventually irritate the smoker.

The pool is small, but there might be a nice fish in there.

DD
          www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

We can share chewing tobacco spit cups.
            Which is more of a tramp stamp, a butt tatoo or a cig butt dangling from her lips?

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              Yo Random! Is that one smokin' avatar you got?
              I don't smoke in real life. Take another guess why I chose my avatar.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                Dated a smoker once in college, although I was allergic. Made a vow to never date another smoker ever again after that. As other people mentioned, it was like kissing an ashtray, albeit sometimes a gum-scented ashtray.
                Really? To me, it's more like kissing a tailpipe of a really bad muffler, no matter how much they tried to disguise it (mouth wash, gums, mints, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                  If Jessica Alba tied me to her bed posts and then lit up a cig, I'd still let her do anything she wanted to do to me. I'd even let her use my bellybutton as an ashtray.
                  I would, too, if it's only for the sex.

But if it comes down to having a meaningful relationship, not even a hottie like Jessica Alba can attract me if she smoke. That also goes for hottie with fake boobs (only for sex, not for love) unless they have a prior mastectomy for medical reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    Take another guess why I chose my avatar.
                    You're a celebate monk who has a personal relationship with a pipe
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      And you're a guy who think his head is screwed on backward?

Comment

I smoked 2 packs a day for many, many years. 18 months ago, I went to an organisation in the UK. It is called *Fag Ends*

They gave me a prescription (totally free) to go to the Chemist. There, he gave me these nicotine patches.

I put up with them for 3 months. Never had a ciggy since. Sometimes I still 'crave' for a minute.

My doctor switched her PC on and up comes *Barry Non Smoker*

Fellers, I don't consider myself that way !!! I just get up in the morning as tell myself,,,,, "" I don't think I'm gonna smoke today."

Barry

Comment

Close! The point of my avatar is....I don't have my head screwed on straight! I'm foaming at the mouth, freakin' out of my mind, nuts.....and enjoying every minute of it! Try it sometime, you might like it!

"Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be matapules. They're never at home, they're always alone, even with someone they love." (with apologies to Waylon Jennings)
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

if its any consolation random and dd i'll be more than happy to introduce you both to the girls at hooters - my precious gem will be more than happy to accomodate the both of you - since we are on the subject of sex.......how did tobacco smoker lessen the dating pole title rivert into jessica and whats his face belly button with sex?

my happy tuesday is now turning into a icky tuesday with visuals and imagery of straight couples bonking.....eeewwww
                            stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              ...and that's why I am grateful that you're both here at HT.
                              Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                              my happy tuesday is now turning into a icky tuesday with visuals and imagery of straight couples bonking.....eeewwww
                              Perhaps you could latch onto part of Barry's comment, to help you change your mental video jukebox:
                              Originally posted by Barry View Post
                              I went to an organisation in the UK. It is called *Fag Ends*
                              You just have to forget the British-ism of calling cigarettes "fags." (In that vein, did you know that the German word for "bassoon" is fagott? What any of that has to do with dating smokers is beyond me, however...Guess I just wanted to help get the icky breeders outta SP's mind.)

Comment

thanks leo - the ending of my icky tuesday is now a happy happy tuesday

mahalo

bassoon *sounds out bassoon* hhhhhmmmmm has a kinky penance sound to it *sounds out bassoon again* mmmmmmmmm

mahalo
                                stay forever young

Comment

Working...
                                X