Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now the truth can be told about Barack Obama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now the truth can be told about Barack Obama!

Uh, I don't work for the Advertiser.

The story has been circulating for a while, but was just recently added to Snopes. Otherwise, it was just a story.

BTW, I don't think Obama was making himself rich during the '80s. At the time he was just out of school and a community organizer. That's not exactly "Greed is good" wages. He didn't even pay off his student loans until a few years ago, when money came in from his first book.

I thought it was clear in the context that he helped the woman out, with no absolute expectation that he'd be reimbursed. He was not "paid" to do it.

On the other hand, there are people out there who believe Obama deliberately performed acts like this all his life as a way of prepping propaganda for running the world. These same people believe he somehow coerced the entire State of Hawaii Health Department into a massive cover-up, and also secretly switched all the newspaper microfilms in all the state libraries and archives — AND DID SO retroactively!

There are people out there who find every act of kindness suspicious.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Ahhhhh, I remember in 1988 when I was an undergrad. Had my own apartment, worked at a deli, ate a ton of bologna, was trying to start a small business.

I always had an extra $100 to throw around.

Nobody even asks. That is what scares me. And if somebody, like me, brings it up, or references any stories, or names, or events, then we are instantly attacked as hate mongers.

But I'm not asking, so back off.

So fn glurg.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
        There are people out there who find every act of kindness suspicious.
        Yeah, and there are people who, three weeks after the election, are still moping over the loss of their candidates, and are still trying to find ways to dump on their next President. Reality can be such a beeyotch sometimes, no?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
          [...]
          I thought it was clear in the context that he helped the woman out, with no absolute expectation that he'd be reimbursed. He was not "paid" to do it.[...]
          That's how I read it. Seemed pretty simple. Obama did a good deed as did his receiver by reimbursing him. Had I been the receiver I would've insisted on reimbursing. I think Leo Lakio hit the nail on the head...and CW hit his thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Yeah, and there are people who, three weeks after the election, are still moping over the loss of their candidates, and are still trying to find ways to dump on their next President. Reality can be such a beeyotch sometimes, no?
            Last I remembered, someone told everyone that if you don't vote, you don't have the stance to complain about your government.

Not that to complain or express grievance is already our First Amendment right. It's what our Founding Fathers want after their voices fell silent under King George's British regime.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

This act of kindness is similiar to the story of Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo inviting a homeless guy off the street to watch a movie with him. The guy said that he would smell bad. But, Tony Romo replied that he's used to the smell in a locker room.
              One sportsreporter questioned the truth of this story of a celebrity acting kind to a stranger. Then, another sportsreporter jokingly said that Eddie Murphy was a good samiritan when he helped a person off the street.

Comment

I remember him working at Baskin Robbins. He use to give me larger scoops than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
                  I remember him working at Baskin Robbins. He use to give me larger scoops than normal.
                  Then again, it could have just been his Punahou championship basketball player hands showing their superiority to the average 31-flavor scooper.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
                    Oh, the political spin! Providing good customer service, or generous with someone else's money?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                      Oh, the political spin! Providing good customer service, or generous with someone else's money?
                      Redistributing the wealth, one scoop at a time.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X