This is the story of a $10 bill...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the story of a $10 bill...

Anyone know if there is an online copy of this classic? I was in elementary school when this was airing and even I understood back then what this meant to the local economy. It was incredibly effective.

Re: This is the story of a $10 bill...

This doesn't sound familiar to me - can you tell me more about it?

I know of a book about "The Twenty-Dollar Bill" and how it travels from person to person, but this sorta sounds like one of the brief, animated, "Schoolhouse Rock" pieces...but it's not.

Comment

The old TV commercial was about the $20 bill.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        This doesn't sound familiar to me - can you tell me more about it?

I know of a book about "The Twenty-Dollar Bill" and how it travels from person to person, but this sorta sounds like one of the brief, animated, "Schoolhouse Rock" pieces...but it's not.
        The commercial showed a tourist at the airport paying for his cabfare with a $20. That $20 was then spent by the driver at a lunch wagon. The lunch wagon owner then used that $20 to pay one of his suppliers, who in turn used it to pay one of his employees. The employee then used it buy, in the narrator's words, "something special" (rollerskates) for his happy daughter.

Then came the slogan, "Tourism: It works for all of us."
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          Then came the slogan, "Tourism: It works for all of us."
          Thanks, F.M. & mel. With tourism down currently in Hawai`i, it sounds like this is a timely memory.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I remember that the commercial was remade in the early 90's (?) using a $20 bill, but I'm thinking of the original commercial that ran in the 70's that used $10. I just remember that the commercial started off with the line "Dis is da story of a $10 bill...". All I can remember about the images is that someone from his job gave his wife $10 to pay for groceries, that $10 paid a farmer, and so on. Ultimately, it helped to buy someone's daughter a bicycle at the end.

This is weird. I feel so alone on this.

Comment

It's a commercial that should definitely be revisited.

Aj

Comment

Working...
              X