Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Friday 2008

Default Re: Black Friday 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    I wonder how the sales were on Black Friday 2008 on hair dye? [there, back on track]
    Don't know. Never bought one yet. I know I should.

In all of my time spent over the past few days on Oahu, I have not seen any customers acting stupid like the ones in the mainland. Lucky I live in Hawaii.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    [...]
    In all of my time spent over the past few days on Oahu, I have not seen any customers acting stupid like the ones in the mainland. Lucky I live in Hawaii.
    By chance did you check Infinitypro's link in post #5 in this thread? Certainly not as bad as we saw on the mainland but, still, pretty crazy!

I have not seen any customers acting stupid like the ones in the mainland. Lucky I live in Hawaii.
    Yeah - because as we all know here, stupid/crazy/foolish/criminal behavior occurs ONLY on the Mainland, and NEVER in the Islands...no pedestrian hit-and-runs, no mass murders by flipped-out workers, no governmental corruption...

Talking Re: Black Friday 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Yeah - because as we all know here, stupid/crazy/foolish/criminal behavior occurs ONLY on the Mainland, and NEVER in the Islands...no pedestrian hit-and-runs, no mass murders by flipped-out workers, no governmental corruption...
    Yep. Imagine if Hawaii became a state. OMG.

Talking Re: Black Friday 2008

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    By chance did you check Infinitypro's link in post #5 in this thread? Certainly not as bad as we saw on the mainland but, still, pretty crazy!
    Lucky I slept late (woke up at 6am).

Didn't went to Walmart until Friday after 9am. Only went there to buy clothes.

I'm re-viewing the video just to memorize the faces of the doofs.

According to the news the temp Walmart employee who was trampled to death on Friday was 6'5", 270 lbs. It's incredible more people weren't killed.

I read online somewhere that even after the store made an annoucement about the employee's death and they were closing the store, people were griping that they had been standing in line all night- and then still continued to shop.

What- did they really think the store was going to let them make their purchases, just so they could get that 52" plasma on sale? Ugh. This really makes me sick.

Watch these people trample each other in the mad rush to get in. So disgusting.

The sad and disturbing part is we're all like this, giving the right situation.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Gotta hold onto your wig when blue-light midnight shopping at them high class stores!

Quote Originally Posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    Watch these people trample each other in the mad rush to get in. So disgusting.
    The sad and disturbing part is we're all like this, giving the right situation.
    I am confident that I'd not trample someone during a shopping spree, but I must admit that the thought has crossed my mind that anyone between me and the emergency exit in a burning plane had best move quickly to get out the door too, or get out of the way.
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

Default Oh yes you would...

Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    I am confident that I'd not trample someone during a shopping spree
    It's called - trample or be trampled.

The only time I stood in line for Black Friday deals was at CompUSA. Before the doors opened, the employees went down the line and asked which customers were their for their hottest limited quantity deal and handed out coupons. No need to run in to be first. In fact I walked around to the other deals and went to that one last since I already had dibbs.

Yep. Imagine if Hawaii became a state. OMG.

Aw, c'mon --- that could never happen! It would take something drastic, like an overthrow of government or something insane li'dat. Then Hawai`i would be ruined, don'cha think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Gotta hold onto your wig when blue-light midnight shopping at them high class stores!
    I have to admit, I laughed a bit when I saw her wig fall off. She's the same woman who gets carted away at the end.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

I had the Christmas ditty 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer' running in my head when I saw that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12