X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingle Snubs Obama, Again!

Lingle to miss governors' meeting with Obama

Associated Press

HONOLULU — Gov. Linda Lingle will skip a National Governors Association meeting next week featuring President-elect Barack Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden.

Lenny Klompus, a senior Lingle aide, said the governor could not rearrange her schedule to attend the meeting in Philadelphia. He said the governor's office had just been informed of the gathering on Tuesday. Obama invited all 50 governors to discuss the nation's economy. Forty are expected to attend.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: Lingle Snubs Obama, Again!

Has anyone determined what pre-scheduled event on Lingle's itinerary apparently supercedes this governor's gathering? Better not be a ribbon cutting at a new shoe store.

Comment

And are the other 9 governors that aren't going .... Republican?

Comment

Why do I not believe her/Klompus?

I can't think much of anything more important for any governor to attend at this time, and her unavailability/unwillingness on top of the Obama dis' and denials, is another head shaking moment.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

she's just being a stinky poo-poo head!
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            I can't think much of anything more important for any governor to attend at this time, and her unavailability/unwillingness on top of the Obama dis' and denials, is another head shaking moment.
            I couldn't agree with you more, RW. Like PZ, I wonder what 'event' is more important right now than the governor's meeting. Has anyone heard if Sarah Palin is attending?
            Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
            she's just being a stinky poo-poo head!
            Well said, ML. Wish I'd thought of that!

Comment

linda lingle?......i hear she's attending the bitter gay/lesbian republican convention cancelling out on the national governor's association meeting

sarah palunt i meant palin.....is doubting her presence at the meeting.....she's better of at home lecturing her children about the father the son and the holy ghost and how to use a condom....promiscuity and the likes of morals; she so strongly believes in as a f$%^& dumb governor.....she's better off at home with a pillow case over her head and a rope

*crosses finger i won't get banned for that comment*
              Last edited by Seeking Penance; November 28, 2008, 07:02 PM. Reason: just cause i'm on P.M.S
              stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                Well, it was pretty over the top, SP. I agree that Lingle should be going to the meeting and that her decision to not go kinda brings shame on our state, but still.
                Here's an idea for ya: If you write a post and feel a need to include a comment that you hope you don't get banned for it... don't hit the Send button.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                  Has anyone determined what pre-scheduled event on Lingle's itinerary apparently supercedes this governor's gathering? Better not be a ribbon cutting at a new shoe store.
                  My guess is, she had a hot date scheduled with Charlie Crist.

Comment

Vote for Lingle 2010, minus one.

No way will I vote for Linda Lingle again. She trashed a guy who was born, raised and went to school here, yet she was the very one who should have been branded "foreign."

Linda, go back to St. Louis, or California, or maybe you could truck to Alaska and become "local" there.

No more votes from me.
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                      she's better off at home with a pillow case over her head and a rope

Banned, or investigated by the FBI for inciting harm against a state governor.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Has anyone heard if Sarah Palin is attending?
                      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27924497/
                      Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, running mate to Obama's Republican opponent in the presidential race, Sen. John McCain, also planned to attend the gathering, her office said.

Also noted in an article, both Reps & Demos will attend:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/po...delphia_s.html
                      But this will be a bipartisan meeting, hosted by Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, a Democrat, chairman of the National Governors Association, and Vermont Gov. Jim Douglas , a Republican, cochairman.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

How long was this meeting planned? It couldn't have been long the man just got elected.

Just because she isn't attending does not mean she does not have other commitments.

Comment

nah - it's definitely a snub by our lovely gov! i've made many excuses for her over the years because on a personal basis - she is a nice person and is very liberal for a republican. But, after this past campaign season - i've totally changed my mind.

seems she just isn't very smart. and of course there is the ceded lands case she is pushing to the supreme court which is not a popular thing to be doing.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

mike lowery said it better.....she's a stinky poo-poo head

@ diamond3121 - as oppose to other governors' attending? they don't have commitments?

and that palinimal?
                            stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                              Vote for Lingle 2010, minus one.
                              Vote Lingle for what in 2010? She can't run for governor again. If Dan Inouye runs for the Senate again, no way will Dingle Lingle beat him.

Maybe she might have a chance at Congress if Neil Abercrombie decides to run for governor as rumored. But if Abercrombie stays put, no dice.

Any other elective office in this state would be a backwards step for her.

I personally think that Lingle's political career is set to wind down. She's worn out her welcome in this state. Even though she may have been on the other side of the partisan fence, it's too bad that she chose not to be more gracious to President-elect Obama on his historic victory.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X