Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lingle Snubs Obama, Again!

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Yes, she's already indicated that while she can't bother going to him, he's welcome to come to her. I wonder if she'll make him kiss her ring?
    Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    I hope not. Surely Lingle has enough sense to realize at this point, Barack Obama is the President-elect, and in spite of her snub, she will still have to work with him for the remainder of her term.[...]
    Then there's the issue of secret service, road closures, motorcades, etc. Wouldn't it be less cumbersome (for lack of a better word) for Lingle -> Obama rather than Obama -> Lingle...not to mention, less cumbersome for the people of Oahu? I'm so disappointed in Linda Lingle.

Comment

Obama will soon be vacationing on Oahu for the Holidays and holding services for Toot.
      Will/should he make time for a special meeting with LL?
      I'd say he shouldn't feel obligated, but will make contact. Then we'll see how she behaves, & spins it.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        Yes, she's already indicated that while she can't bother going to him, he's welcome to come to her. I wonder if she'll make him kiss her ring?
        I'd make him kiss MY ring, such a simple appreciative gesture for voting him into office.

Wait, I mean to say "bling-bling."
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

hi this is sansei and im hearing obama who's citizen ship was questioned by a place in the mainland and they say he's not an american citizen and his father was born in What I believe i heard is Kenya so in my thought's,he may have been born here only if his father was born in Kenya,he's not a true american and he shouldnt be our pres-elect.

im not trying to be the burden of what i hear on the news,only it's all true.

Well thank's for your time also when i see obama,i put him on mute and i wont hear him like i do for other's who'm i dont wish to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
            he's not a true american and he shouldnt be our pres-elect.
            sansei.!.?.!.? with all due respect........what bloody world do you live in? are you in a twilight zone sansei?

honestly!! jesus mary and joseph

i must admit this....i voted for the other guy....i've come to realize to fully support the president-elect obama....seriously sansei...honestly

what are you most upset about sansei? that he's a democrat? or the fact that he is african american with roots from kenya?
            Last edited by Seeking Penance; December 6, 2008, 10:55 PM. Reason: just cause....i had to ask *sighs*
            stay forever young

Comment

Sansei - Understanding how difficult it is at times to summarize opinions on matters or subjects convoluted to most of us; I implore you to exercise manners of sensibility concerning cultural differences and social traditions.

In addition; it is with great humility that an apology on my part concerning my construction of words placed at what you've posted. However I am displeased; with the utmost respect Sansei; I again implore you to place more thoughts and comprehension with your words; with my might, I know you are an intelligent soul, a challenged soul with a bright spirit.

My apology

Lomi a.k.a Seeking Penance
              stay forever young

Comment

hi this is sansei and im hearing obama who's citizen ship was questioned by a place in the mainland and they say he's not an american citizen and his father was born in What I believe i heard is Kenya so in my thought's,he may have been born here only if his father was born in Kenya,he's not a true american and he shouldnt be our pres-elect.
                Sansei - it is not true. During the campaign, inaccurate rumors were spread about Mr. Obama - suggesting that he was not born in Hawai`i, that he is a Muslim, etc. - all in the name of political mud-slinging.

Mr. Obama's birth certificate is widely available on the internet, showing that he was indeed born in the United States, yet rumors such as this one continue to circulate.

If you wish to spend the next four years (and possibly eight) muting the television whenever your president speaks, that is your right, and I understand completely - I felt much the same way during the past eight years. But he's not a Jehovah's Witness either - you don't need to hide from him!

Comment

im not trying to be the burden of what i hear on the news,only it's all true.[...]
                  Ai yi yi yi yi...
                  Sansei...this subject has been discussed on HT, ad nauseum. A thread was devoted to it. Please do yourself a favor...search for it and read it because it's NOT 'all true'. You ARE burdening others when you report false information. It's called 'spreading rumors'.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28111773/

Court won't review Obama's eligibility to serve
                    Suit claimed Obama was British-born and not a 'natural born' U.S. citizen
                    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Oh, blasted crikey!

Does this mean we'll never know if he's an American, fit for the Oval Office?
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28111773/

Court won't review Obama's eligibility to serve
                        Hmmm... I’ll have to look at the documentation, which I assume is already online somewhere. But if one was to believe your MSNBC news segment, the suit had nothing to do with the location of Obama’s birth. It was all about the fact that Obama’s father was Kenyan.

[/offtopic]

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                          Meh. I'd rather have a British Obama for President, not an American McCain.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Just posting a link that was on the front page of msnbc.com which should have clarified what sansei was talking about.
                            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

where is the "link"?
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The main issue is that 'Natural born" has never been defined.

There are many people who have been born in the US of foreign born parents who would be considered natural born being they were born on US soil....and in fact there have been many legal citizens born from illegal immigrant parents.

So the concept of having to be born on US soil would work for Obama and not McCain who was born in Panama.

Also whoever is born of a citizen of the US is automatically considered a US citizen unless the citizenship is actively refused. Many US citizens have dual citizenship with other countries when one parent is a US citizen and the other a citizen of another country. Even those countries that don't recognize dual citizenship generally will allow it till the kids reaches adulthood and then they have to choose a country.

In this case both Obama and McCain are natural citizens since a parent was at the time of birth. McCain has two US citizen parents and Obama had one and chose the US as his country.

Of course the idea of "Natural Born" could get down to only kids who were born natural...not a c-section and with no drugs involved, and US Citizen momma had to squat screaming and drop baby into the basket of soil from the US that US Citizen daddy is catching the kid in....

Comment

Working...
                                X