Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digital phone service

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    Cell phone service during an outage is hit-or-miss regardless of the carrier.

Yes, the cell towers can overload to the point that it can't cover it's area.

But some towers have backup power, some don't. I know that Sprint was moving generators around during the outage. Once power came up, they'd move that generator to a site that still didn't have power.

So in the end, it all depends on what's happening to the cell towers around you.

POTS (HawaiianTel) is the most reliable wired carrier.

Wireless has it's own situation. Take a hurricane. If a POTS line is damaged, it may take days/weeks/months before it's repaired. Wireless will be repaired much quicker. The best is POTS and a cell phone that is allowed to roam to another local carrier.
    OMG, isn't that the truth!!. Talk about the hit & miss.

All the while, I thought that cell phone was really the greatest, NOT!.

Not in that time of need, thats for sure. The only time it actualy works is when the tower works .

Oh speaking of which...

(this is probably off of the topic, but not sure)...

For those of you who live in Oahu, you might know what I am talking about, but I don't rememeber exactly where the location is off of my head (brain/memory...)

but, I think its this bridge/wall I think its on the way to Wahiawa (I think), any way, when my hubby & I drives near it or right next to it, while using our cell phone, the service goes out for a few minutes, I think it is because there is NO antena in that small general area.

Kind of weird, but what ever. Dont know why just because that small erea doesn't have antena, & it just cuts us off completely until we pass it.

Or sometimes, we would have to wait until we pass it, then make the call. Good grief, such a small inconvenients each time. always having to keep an eye on that area all the time when we think of using our cell phone.

So, the moral of this story is: Cell phone(s) don't necesarly work 100% of the time.

Thats my story, & I'm sticking to it.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
    X