Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mama Mia

Default Re: Mama Mia

It has been my experience that a sure-fire way to get rid of an annoying song stuck in your head is to hum the I Dream of Jeannie theme.

Of course, that often presents a new problem, BUT it has this wonderful side-benefit: If you hum it while you're around other people, THEY won't be able to get it out of THEIR heads. I love it when I do that!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

If you do that to me, scrivener, I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish.

Or worse - I'd wager I can find an even more annoying song to stick into your brain - bwah-hah-haaaaah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I'd wager I can find an even more annoying song to stick into your brain - bwah-hah-haaaaah!!!
    Here's the ultimate evil song to have stuck in one's head:

It's A Small Small World...

Try to get over that!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Ahem ... okay, you pushed me ... here's a seasonally-appropriate bit of ear-poison:

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Ahem ... okay, you pushed me ... here's a seasonally-appropriate bit of ear-poison:

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

...by alvin & the chipmunks.

as for abba & mamma mia--LOVE IT. abba's music brings me back to my childhood, as my mom was a huge disco fan. eric and i had the pleasure of joining momola at the vegas production and watching the show, i teared up in all kinds of love and nostalgia for the woman who raised me, with help only from her own mother. whenever i'm having a tough day at work, the CD lifts my spirits and gets me going all over again.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

For the longest time, I couldn't get a Japanese song out of my head. A version of Shimauta by Remi Natsukawa. Do a search on YouTube. The song is actually really nice and the "power ballad" version was used as the anthem for a South American soccer team, but it's really addictive and stays with you for a long time. I can now listen to it without being obsessed with it. All the other songs mentioned don't bother me any. Just depends I guess. I just heard the ad for Mama Mia and I already can't remember the tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
    For the longest time, I couldn't get a Japanese song out of my head. A version of Shimauta by Remi Natsukawa. Do a search on YouTube. The song is actually really nice and the "power ballad" version was used as the anthem for a South American soccer team, but it's really addictive and stays with you for a long time. I can now listen to it without being obsessed with it.
    Yeah, the rarely-appearing-here Lurkah turned us on to that one - it's really lovely.

Well everybody's heard about the bird
    The bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word.

I never knew there was a sing-a-long version. I'll pass that on to the wife. Daughter would love it.
    The sing-along version is an option on the DVD and Blu-Ray disc! It's the BEST way to watch it! You can drown out poor Pierce Brosnan who really doesn't sing well!
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12