Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mama Mia

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    hi this is sansei and in response to sinjin, i disagree that imho, Abba was the best singing group since the Bee Gees
    I wouldn't know how to take exception to this estimation. I never liked bubble gum.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Haven't seen the "Mama Mia" production here (L.V.) but it is a favorite. Ends in a month. Love "Priscilla..." It's so campy.

Comment

Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
        Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me

Comment

aw, c'mon now - shouldn't Queen have it's own thread? (and I love that song!)
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            aw, c'mon now - shouldn't Queen have it's own thread? (and I love that song!)
            Now a musical featuring the music of "Queen" I might go see.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
              Now a musical featuring the music of Queen I might go see.
              I believe that's in the works.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                Now a musical featuring the music of "Queen" I might go see.
                Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                I believe that's in the works.
                Your wish is their command: We Will Rock You: The Queen Musical has been touring since 2002. It was supposed to play Seattle in 2004, but the tour was canceled. There's a summary of the plotline and the show's history on Wikipedia as well.

Comment

I took my mum and daughter to watch the 'sing along' screening of Mama Mia at Wards back in August. When I bought our tickets, the girl at the counter pointed out that it was the sing along version and I was like, "yeah, I know - that's why we're here!"

It was like karaoke at the movies. It was great to be able to sing along - loudly and without shame! We actually spent a lot of time laughing at all the people around us who obviously didn't need the words on the screen and at the end, some folks even got up and danced!

It was interactive and campy but totally fun! The DVD comes out Tuesday and my daughter has already asked her dad to buy it for her on Blu-Ray. She's only 5 but is a big fan of ABBA music!
                  Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                  My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Wife took the daughter to see it at Mililani Multiplex. Now she wants to go to the live preformance next year. That's going to hurt. We never, ever buy the cheap tickets.

I never knew there was a sing-a-long version. I'll pass that on to the wife. Daughter would love it.

Comment

hi this is sansei and to share what my thought's are,when i see this preview of mama mia and hear the song of mama mia and dancing queen,im not able to forget both of these song's is it's in my mind daily,may anyone have any thought's on how to get rid of this since i see the preivews of mama mia on tv.i'd truly appreciate your thought's very much,please?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

It has been my experience that a sure-fire way to get rid of an annoying song stuck in your head is to hum the I Dream of Jeannie theme.

Of course, that often presents a new problem, BUT it has this wonderful side-benefit: If you hum it while you're around other people, THEY won't be able to get it out of THEIR heads. I love it when I do that!
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

If you do that to me, scrivener, I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish.

Or worse - I'd wager I can find an even more annoying song to stick into your brain - bwah-hah-haaaaah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            I'd wager I can find an even more annoying song to stick into your brain - bwah-hah-haaaaah!!!
                            Here's the ultimate evil song to have stuck in one's head:

It's A Small Small World...

Try to get over that!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Ahem ... okay, you pushed me ... here's a seasonally-appropriate bit of ear-poison:

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Ahem ... okay, you pushed me ... here's a seasonally-appropriate bit of ear-poison:

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

...by alvin & the chipmunks.

as for abba & mamma mia--LOVE IT. abba's music brings me back to my childhood, as my mom was a huge disco fan. eric and i had the pleasure of joining momola at the vegas production and watching the show, i teared up in all kinds of love and nostalgia for the woman who raised me, with help only from her own mother. whenever i'm having a tough day at work, the CD lifts my spirits and gets me going all over again.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X