Hawaiian Music Compilation CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Music Compilation CDs

I want to send my family a cd of Hawaiian music in the Xmas gift box this year. It has to be really good, or they won't listen to the whole thing. I'm hoping to find a cd with fun music like the 'opihi man song', and also classic stuff like the 'white sandy beach of Hawaii song'.

Anybody have a favorite Hawaiian cd, or know of one that fits the bill?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: Hawaiian Music Compilation CDs

This is the one I've given to many: Pick-A-Hit Hawai`i

Also good: Pure Hawaiian (out of print), and A Place Called Hawai`i

Comment

I think these are pretty good. Honolulu Magazine picked the fifty greatest songs of Hawaii (discussed in another thread, I'm sure) and Mountain Apple put out a CD of them.

One of my personal favorites is the Ki Hoalu Christmas on Dancing Cat, but then as everyone here knows, I have a huge preference for ki hoalu.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thanks, guys!! All excellent recommendations!! It was great to listen to samples from the cds too - thanks for the links!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Ah shucks! I'm replying too late. Oh well. How about "The Fifty Greatest Hawaiian Albums of All Time, Vol. 1 and 2" I think that's what they're called. Something along that line. I have both and they're excellent! Iz, Aunty Genoa, Brothers Caz, all the favorites.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          I think these are pretty good. Honolulu Magazine picked the fifty greatest songs of Hawaii (discussed in another thread, I'm sure) and Mountain Apple put out a CD of them.

One of my personal favorites is the Ki Hoalu Christmas on Dancing Cat, but then as everyone here knows, I have a huge preference for ki hoalu.
          No worries about being the only slack key lover on here. I am one too.

Well actually, in a way I'm not replying too late. It was already said. Oops! E kala mai...
          'Alika

Comment

Working...
          X