KHNL - the future of news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KHNL - the future of news?

So umm.... I missed KHNL's HD news debut. I was wondering if anyone watched it and what you guys thought.

Comment

I remember seeing that new, young reporter, Zahib Arab? anchoring. He did a very good job.

The anchor set they were using for him though, was nothing really special.

Nothing like KGMB's huge video screen.

Maybe they have some more finessing to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        That's all kind of innovative, but until an anchor delivers the news while lying on a sofabed, under the covers, I don't think we'll be ready to reinvent journalism just yet.
        That sounds kinda tame, compared to Naked News.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
          I remember seeing that new, young reporter, Zahib Arab? anchoring. (...) The anchor set they were using for him though, was nothing really special.
          It looked like some cheap high school desk or a TV tray or something. I figured it was just because they were in transition.
          Zahid does a good job. And perhaps you've noticed that he has some pretty thick distinctive eyebrows, and that as he changes inflection when he talks his eyebrows FLY way up and down. Interesting to watch.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            And perhaps you've noticed that he has some pretty thick distinctive eyebrows, and that as he changes inflection when he talks his eyebrows FLY way up and down. Interesting to watch.
            Unibrow in hi-def?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              It looked like some cheap high school desk or a TV tray or something. I figured it was just because they were in transition.
              Zahid does a good job. And perhaps you've noticed that he has some pretty thick distinctive eyebrows, and that as he changes inflection when he talks his eyebrows FLY way up and down. Interesting to watch.

Last edited by pumpkinboy; December 21, 2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Unibrow in hi-def?
                "Live! Local! Late Breaking! and now...... Uni-Brows!"

Comment

I finally watched the news in HD. Better picture I have to say! Though many of the news videos they show are not in HD yet... I wonder if they still have yet to obtain HD cameras for field reporting and news chopper. And I'm totally not impressed of them using the "newsroom" as the background for their news set. I wish there was a background of some sort, especially since it's in HD! I don't want to see people walking in the background. Anyways, KGMB9 News still has the best set of all the stations. Hopefully they'll go HD soon because I tend to watch KGMB more!
                  Last edited by bcr1652; December 23, 2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I think the graphics on KHNL/K5 HD broadcast are kind of garish. They need to tone it down a bit. The newscast gets a little lost with all the bright, flashy graphics.

They should hire a really good local graphic designer to do a few "treatments" for their consideration. It really would make a world of difference.

Otherwise, the picture is really pretty.

Sadly, Oceanic is still limiting the number of digital stations broadcast over basic cable. They keep adding/dropping stations. Only KHON and KHNL are regularly on Oceanic basic cable as digital channels. Oh, and the CW. (Does anyone watch that?)

I know this is OT, but if that is Oceanic's idea for getting me to pay them more to get digital channels, FAIL! I have an antenna, and can get High Def for FREE, over the air, any time I want to engage the stupid antenna switch.
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

You think that's flashy?

You should have seen a tape brought by a consultant to a major tv station once.

I was cleaning the floors and happened to walk by when he was showing it to the talent.

It had two anchors standing in what looked like a warp drive engine or ultra-futuristic teleportation device.

I mean they were literally surrounded in flashing lights, colors and special effects.

From floor to ceiling and beyond, it looked like they were floating in space and they had all these incredible colors and effects going off around them like lasers or high intensity beams of light.

It was neat and .....ridiculous all at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X