Hello from Washington State!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Washington State!

Hi everyone, my name is Melissa, but you can call me Mel. I was born on Oahu and raised in Waipahu. I moved to WA in 2002 and I am currently a student pursing an AA degree in Accounting.

Anyone else in Washington? Let's be friends!
    ms.mel

Re: Hello from Washington State!

There's a handful of us Washingtonians here at HT, many in the Puget Sound area. We also bump into each other at Hawaiian lu`au, hula shows, concerts, places like Bobby's, Kona Kitchen, etc. (I co-host some of the Hawai`i Radio Connection shows and write for the Northwest Hawai`i Times myself, though I'm not from Hawai`i - my sweetie's from Kane`ohe, though.) Where are you taking your classes?

Comment

aloha msmel - welcome to hawaii threads
      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        There's a handful of us Washingtonians here at HT, many in the Puget Sound area. We also bump into each other at Hawaiian lu`au, hula shows, concerts, places like Bobby's, Kona Kitchen, etc. (I co-host some of the Hawai`i Radio Connection shows and write for the Northwest Hawai`i Times myself, though I'm not from Hawai`i - my sweetie's from Kane`ohe, though.) Where are you taking your classes?
        Oh cool, my uncle use to do the Hawaiian Festival in Burien. Jerry Sithar is his name..do you know him? When he passed away he was featured in the Northwest Hawai`i Times. What station is the radio station on? Where are all the Hawaiian restaurants at? The only one I know of is Kauai Family in Georgetown. I am taking classes at Bellevue Community College

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
        aloha msmel - welcome to hawaii threads
        Thank you!
        ms.mel

Comment

Originally posted by msmel View Post
          Oh cool, my uncle use to do the Hawaiian Festival in Burien. Jerry Sithar is his name..do you know him? When he passed away he was featured in the Northwest Hawai`i Times. What station is the radio station on? Where are all the Hawaiian restaurants at? The only one I know of is Kauai Family in Georgetown. I am taking classes at Bellevue Community College
          I remember when your uncle passed away, yes. I had only met him once or twice at that point, sad to say. But the festivals live on!

The radio shows are on two stations, including the one at BCC. Saturday mornings, 8-9 am, KXPA-AM 1540, and Saturday afternoons, Noon-2 pm, KBCS-FM 91.3. Websites:
          www.hawaiiradioconnection.com
          www.kxpa.com
          www.kbcs.fm

Bobby's Hawaiian Style Restaurant is up in Everett, Kona Kitchen is closer to Northgate. Kauai Family is a great restaurant, run by the Buza family (from Kaua`i, of course).

Pick up the Northwest Hawai`i Times when you get a chance, and you'll see lots of ads and info for local-kine stuff. Website is www.northwesthawaiitimes.com

Hope we'll see you around the area soon!

Comment

Aloha e Mel,

As Greg said, there are lots of people on here from the Seattle area. I'm not one of them, but I still welcome you with an open heart.
            'Alika

Comment

Working...
            X